timbdp

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused.Where is Greenbriar playing this week? :angry:

Hey, Titans89..... That was funny.... :angry:

C'mon WHHS1975....Have some fun..... :angry:

Looks to be a little chilly friday nite.... Good foosball weather....

To who asked about our 5-5 regular season record.... We had several injuries early along with the jelling of the younger players who hadn't learned (imo) what it would take to win in the first few games....

After the team started believing in each other, we started playing better...... And we have played our best football in the last few games. In all honesty, we will need to play a great game defensively to win as we are not an offensive machine capable of outscoring people.... but if you let us hang around.....

DII can recruit. Do you think they quit when they 'switched' over? :lol:

Just to clearify, ND was in a division whit McCallie and Baylor. Our records against them are terrible. That is enough to kill recruiting, but that isn't the whole story. Both McCallie and Baylor have dorms. That also can boost recruitment, ND doesn't.

Also, in 2002, ND played these two teams and lost 55-27 to Baylor and 55-0 to McCallie. Being manhandled like that doesn't draw players. Truth be told we couldn't compete. If you are insinuating that we still recruit you are wrong.

Let's see how that would go: ND Coach: "We want you but have no money to give you, but we have a bill for 7-8 thousand dollars."

Yes this is a very smart idea.

So who ever you are that thinks ND can still recruit, I pity you.

Ok, now to those WH fans coming to the game, I wish you a safe trip and I want to welcome you to Chattanooga.

GO IRISH

Edited by Fighting Irish Fan

gotta go with my notre dame boys in this one

Found this on the Lipscomp-Lexington topic from Augielio (sp). Thought some might find it interesting. He's mistaken on the 100-yard runners I believe. Hamby had about 106.

Rabble

I happen to have done a reasonably-detailed study of Notre Dame recently. I saw 4 of their game films and (being in the Chattanooga area) visited their campus. Here are some impressions:

1. They are definitely the team to beat.

2. Their defense is tremendous and is there strong suit. No one has run on them, including Pearl Cohn with its two talented backs. This week they have to shut down the White House kid who has rushed for 1600 yards--and they will.

On defense they are quick, well-coached and prepared, and will knock your jock off. No team has rushed for 200 yards and no single back has rushed for 100.

3. They stop your run first and, when you have to pass, they eat you alive with their blitzes/pass rush. They are a kind of throwback to the kind of pre-Spurrier SEC defenses you used to see at LSU and Alabama before the conference started playing "basketball on grass."

4. They have to excellent running backs--Carthron and Spurlock. These are not the dancers and sprinters; they are slashers and they finish off their runs.

5. Modern blocking techniques have passed them by. With the new rules allowing use of the hands (Blocking has become shoving.), ND High ignores this and goes on firing out low and butt-blocking the opponent off the line. I think some people in Middle and West Tennessee are going to be surprised and the

physical nature of this team.

6. Kicking game is good. EXP guy has some field goals in the low and middle 30's.

7. They come from a tough region. 3 3-A has 9 teams, so they played only 2 inter-regional games--against Double A Marion County and 4A Hixson.

8. The 4 teams which represented region 3-A were Notre Dame, Polk County (8-2), Meigs County (7-3) and East Ridge (6-4).

9. Notre Dame has given up no more than two touchdowns in any game this season.

10. Because I like hard-hitting defense oriented football and slashing, trapping

offenses which run the ball, I would rather watch this team play than any other I have seen this year.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, THIS IS FOOTBALL, THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS, THESE ARE TEENAGERS, AND STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN; THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES AND WHY WE GO TO SEE THEM.

Ladd actually has a number of different running abilities.

Ladd right.

Ladd left.

Ladd straight.

Ladd crooked.

Ladd far.

Ladd farther.

Ladd, see you later.

And to prove the earlier assumption, all other 10 guys stand on the field and watch. They don't block, they don't gap, they don't pull. They just stand on the field with tongues wagging and hearts pounding as Ladd runs right through the defense.

Or left through the defense.

It must be one or the other, right? I mean, left?

Dang, now I'm confused.

Has to be one of the two.

I'll ask Justin West. He's not busy. He's over there by Hargrove eating sunflower seeds.

That's just tooooo funny. Great post!!! :lol::D:D

That's just tooooo funny. Great post!!! :D:D:D

I agree BigBubba and I have to add this to the last part-

Quote from previous post-

"I'll ask Justin West. He's not busy. He's over there by Hargrove eating sunflower seeds."

as the QB looks in amazment as to how he finally threw a long pass and it wasn't intercepted. :lol:

Going with ND on this one guys- :D I believe WH just got their 2nd touchdown pass for the whole season-

Ladd is mind boggling but I think ND will hold him.

Edited by coachin4u*10*

I agree BigBubba and I have to add this to the last part-

Quote from previous post-

"I'll ask Justin West. He's not busy. He's over there by Hargrove eating sunflower seeds."

as the QB looks in amazment as to how he finally threw a long pass and it wasn't intercepted. :lol:

Going with ND on this one guys- :D I believe WH just got their 2nd touchdown pass for the whole season-

Ladd is mind boggling but I think ND will hold him.

Hey Vandy.... You have just been replaced as "the plant".... :D

C'mon coaching4u10...... admit it...you are not a coach...... :D

I hope everyone knows that I was not insulting the White House team with my post about Ladd running right and left. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to the person from G'brier who said all we did was "Ladd right, Ladd left" about 95 percent of the time.

My point is, like Greenbrier's game last week, Notre Dame might be surprised that our offense is not quite as simple as it looks.

I'm not getting in the middle of this passing game stuff. If that trash mess starts again, I'll get out of here because it's not fair to those kids.

I hope everyone knows that I was not insulting the White House team with my post about Ladd running right and left. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to the person from G'brier who said all we did was "Ladd right, Ladd left" about 95 percent of the time.

My point is, like Greenbrier's game last week, Notre Dame might be surprised that our offense is not quite as simple as it looks.

I'm not getting in the middle of this passing game stuff. If that trash mess starts again, I'll get out of here because it's not fair to those kids.

There you go, before you go assuming that everyone that roots for ND is from Greenbrier... :) Check his previous posts..he never once mentions Greenbrier, and I've never seen him on any of our boards. He appears to be a Region 3 fan.

Anybody with a sense of humor and a little common sense understood the context of your post..... I believe we don't need to be so apologetic when we are defending our program..... especially when the so called antaganists starting the trouble conviently forget how much their offense was based around a particular back in their football past...... :)

And if we can keep those with an agenda to quit bringing up our passing attack then there is no need to get in the middle...... By the way, it was our passing attack that has us playing in the 3rd round.... B)

I asked the question because it's all in the perspective I guess. As an former football player, I see a guy still with his feet planted on the ground, and he's not down with all of the defense all over him and even under him. To know that this was punt return opens the picture more, because the punt returner had to almost be standing still. He should've been flattened by a defensive player, but instead it looks like a wrestling match. I can understand how WH would take this as a great defensive stand, but not everyone would see it that way. Yes, the defense of him being stopped is effective, but I only asked why did it take this many guys? One or two should be able to do the job.

Because if everyone else had stood around while 2 or 3 did the job, they'd get their butts chewed a new one by the coaches, so at WH, we believe it's perfectly okay for seven men to do the job of two. It's why it's called team.