White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

letsgodevils thinks Charlie Murphy is beginning to sound a lot like Allen Iverson.

"I mean, we talking bout a game here and this is practice. It's a message board. Charlie Murphy gonna show up for game time, but you wanna talk about a message board? Man, it's just a message board, not the game. We talkin bout the game here and you wanna talk about a message board? Charlie Murphy ain't got no time to talk about a message board."

:ph34r: Now that's funny!!!! :ph34r:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do follow region 3. I have a great nephew that attends David Lipscomb.

I am a retired coach from East Tennessee. 26 years of it. I live in Franklin. I still love the game. Nothing like Friday Night Lights. When you retire you miss it! Don't post a lot on these boards and just had by pass surgery 2 months ago. Haven't been on in a while. Saw WH when they scrimmaged Lipscomb and saw the Jamboree due to the fact that my wife got tickets from a friend whos kid attends Wilson Central. I did drive up to watch WH play Portland.

Saw Greenbrier and WH game on t.v. that is the extent of my watching WH-

Greenbrier I see you did have a great season and my congratulations to you. :ph34r:

You gotta fill me in..... because I could have swore it was you posting on WH threads regarding our QB situation..... I'm too lazy to go back and look.....

Was it you???? (crud, I'm gonna have to go back...) :ph34r:

Well, I went back and looked..... and it was you....... Several times you were critical of our coaches....isn't that a little odd??? I didn't realize ex coaches were so critical of others in the profession....Especially coaches who are not remotly connected with a program....

Kudos to our coaches...... We are in the 3rd round and it was interesting to go back and read old threads... read who was supportive and who was very critical..... It would have been real easy after a few games to re work the offensive skill positions...but it is now more than obvious why you guys are the coaches and we are the armchair QB fans...... Congrats on a season that is still alive....... :blink:

Edited by dandy82

Charlie Murphy reminds me of a certain unmentioned team (Hillwood) from last year who poked fun at BDP.

SO, I am here to say....

B.D.P.

Not expressed in words, but evident in emotions.

P.S. This is an interesting topic that I thought someone would bring up but no one has yet so I will.

Knowville Catholic and Chattanooga Notre Dame were both financially-aided, private schools last year. Now, Catholic plays Livingston Academy and White House plays ND, the ultimate debate on private v. public will now be witnessed on one of the highest plateaus of high school sports; the football playoffs. Interesting to watch!!!

Whoa.... touchy subject apparently !!!!!!

it gets kind of annoying when people assume things about our school. as any other school we have lots of pride. when people attribute our winning to the fact that we recruit makes us mad, b/c we DO NOT recruit. we just have a lot of very talented and dedicated players and coaches, as well as fans.

P.S. This is an interesting topic that I thought someone would bring up but no one has yet so I will.

Knowville Catholic and Chattanooga Notre Dame were both financially-aided, private schools last year. Now, Catholic plays Livingston Academy and White House plays ND, the ultimate debate on private v. public will now be witnessed on one of the highest plateaus of high school sports; the football playoffs. Interesting to watch!!!

Ok what debate?

Are we still talking football. Let the record stand. ND 12-0 playing public schools. So what are you saying turf_master? Because I do not understand you comment.

Whatever happens Friday night will not decide any debate that you are laking about. One night on the field doesn't prove anything. As has been stated: These are a bunch of teens, anything can happen. Also WH lost to Greenbrier earlier and it has been decided that that did not end the dominence. As I've said, one game will not decide a debate.

ND has had a great year. The best in its 130 year history. I'm proud of our guys and one game will not change that.

Ok a question about the WH house band. I know very little about your school i'm sorry but last week we were amazed with PC. I was just wondering wbout yours.

GO IRISH

Edited by Fighting Irish Fan

White House band will not be making the trip they can not afford it

White House will have alot fans going to the game and they will be very loud

Hopefuly not too many our stadium is only one sided and kinda small. Just kidding about you bringing people we welcome you, but space is limited.

Now that I think about it we fit Polk and Pearl.

Edited by Fighting Irish Fan

i bet notre dame isnt anywhere near as good as the Melrose team white house faced last year in the semifinals in 4a. and yes i know its a totally different wh team and they are in 3a now but those kids where there to and they got a feel for what it takes to win big games. i'll go ahead and mention the hillwood game last year to. lots of people saying hillwood would stomp white house and it was the other way around. wh will be ready to play. no doubt about that.

Ok what debate?

Are we still talking football. Let the record stand. ND 12-0 playing public schools. So what are you saying turf_master? Because I do not understand you comment.

Whatever happens Friday night will not decide any debate that you are laking about. One night on the field doesn't prove anything. As has been stated: These are a bunch of teens, anything can happen. Also WH lost to Greenbrier earlier and it has been decided that that did not end the dominence. As I've said, one game will not decide a debate.

ND has had a great year. The best in its 130 year history. I'm proud of our guys and one game will not change that.

Ok a question about the WH house band. I know very little about your school i'm sorry but last week we were amazed with PC. I was just wondering wbout yours.

GO IRISH

Well spoken, Irish. I've looked for a sports website for ND but don't find one, I've looked at WH's; I find it's interesting that they keep tally's on how many wins and losses.

against each opponent year after year. Each game is a "here and now", not what happened for the last five years, etc. Coaches know that, and so do players. Sometimes fans forget. Tomorrow night will be one heck of a game. I've lived in that area, and it's gets pretty cold between those mountains, which makes the noise less because clapping hands are in gloves, but there's always the quieter noisemakers of chattering teeth. I didn't know you guys were still in the onesided stadium. It will be a packed house.

Good luck Irish. I predict Spurlock, Cawthorne and Ian have big stats and "the wall" stands strong.

Edited by SuperBowlDream

i bet notre dame isnt anywhere near as good as the Melrose team white house faced last year in the semifinals in 4a. and yes i know its a totally different wh team and they are in 3a now but those kids where there to and they got a feel for what it takes to win big games. i'll go ahead and mention the hillwood game last year to. lots of people saying hillwood would stomp white house and it was the other way around. wh will be ready to play. no doubt about that.

From the records I saw, Melrose won last year. Are the records accurate?