White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

The point is not what they called or didn't call, it is when they decided to make a call. If you were there you should know what I'm talking about. Both teams could have been flagged for holding on every play. That is football. Choices were made by some to drop the flag when they needed to and it determined the outcome of the game.

.....He was probably just making sure the other kid was still breathing.....

Please direct me to the post where I said anything about Ladd or Barry Sanders, or Notre Dame's defense being just good. You can read can't you??? Or is someone typing for you???

still breathing?!? are you kidding me. What a joke. Take your head out of the sand!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very physical? #2, Devin Cauthorn has the most rushing yards in the county, over 2,000, not physical at all, Drew Nelson, one of the tandem quarterbacks, when filling in for the injured John Rheinert, on punt runs down the field thirty yards and upends the punt- returner, Matt Hayduk had a stellar game at Will linebacker having at least 5 tfl's, Mike Henry, #13, gets right back up after nearly having his head torqued off on a personal foul... Yea ND is just a push over....

The Zebras did call a horrible game... Horrible in that every play there was at least one chop block by WH, one possibly ending the high school career of one of ND's d-lineman, and after every other play it seemed like there was a late hit or something else not called, so don't cry about two holding penalties late in the game...

Just b/c you guys lost doesn't mean the zebras are slided against you, this is the first year that I can remember ND ever getting anything close to decent officiating, so don't complain.

For your info "cut blocking " or shoeshining is perfectly legal as long as it occurs in the "free blocking zone" and the ball is still in the free blocking zone at the time of the block. In case you haven't noticed this is a huge part of your offense with your wide splits and pulling guards. A chop block is a foul and usually happens downfield committed by backs or receivers blocking below the waist.

I am truly sorry for the player that was injured. No matter how much we love our teams noone ever hopes for that and it is very sad when it happens.

For your info "cut blocking " or shoeshining is perfectly legal as long as it occurs in the "free blocking zone" and the ball is still in the free blocking zone at the time of the block. In case you haven't noticed this is a huge part of your offense with your wide splits and pulling guards. A chop block is a foul and usually happens downfield committed by backs or receivers blocking below the waist.

I am truly sorry for the player that was injured. No matter how much we love our teams noone ever hopes for that and it is very sad when it happens.

Umm I said chop blocking, or high lowing.... you know where one guy goes high one guy goes low... that is illegal and a personal foul...

And I know cutting is a part of my offense, I was in it last year...

Edited by GnG Hoggie74

Well actually I am disappointed. I thought White House would take their 0-3 start and according to the previous post be happy that they made it through Greenbrier the second time around and just be thankful to ride this this turn around Ladd season as far they did. I expected to come on this morning to hear how much "BDP" the fans have but instead of taking you loss with humbleness, the refs get all the blame. I have seen Notre Dame, and White House and I am surprised it was a only a one point difference. Your coach must have really practiced those boys. White House's complaining is not going to change the end score. Who did what in the first three quarters doesn't matter. Notre Dame deserves it and they move on. Go Irish..

Look at this way, the Blue Devils get to have Thanksgiving Dinner and then if that's not enough, move to Grandpa's easy chair and read again, the story of "BDP".

Edited by SuperBowlDream

Umm I said chop blocking, or high lowing.... you know where one guy goes high one guy goes low... that is illegal and a personal foul...

And I know cutting is a part of my offense, I was in it last year...

Didn't see it happen.....Doubt if it was intentional if it did....Again, wish him a speedy recovery.

The point is not what they called or didn't call, it is when they decided to make a call. If you were there you should know what I'm talking about. Both teams could have been flagged for holding on every play. That is football. Choices were made by some to drop the flag when they needed to and it determined the outcome of the game.

.....He was probably just making sure the other kid was still breathing.....

Please direct me to the post where I said anything about Ladd or Barry Sanders, or Notre Dame's defense being just good. You can read can't you??? Or is someone typing for you???

wh1971.... this I do agree with you...... when they chose to call holding was the question in my mind...... ND did what they needed to do to win the game...nobody is taking anything away from them...If we keep 'em from scoring we still win.... They have a fine team and you don't win 13 without playin' some football....

But, in my mind when it comes to officiating, a good crew is at least consistant, and as a ND fan correctly pointed out, holding could be called every play...but was only called as we were about to score..... That is what makes a badly officiated game, in my mind, when they are inconsistant.... If the officials had decided to call holding as ND scored...... I would question those calls also, because the holding I saw during the game that was obvious, and wasn't called...and there were several obvious non calls...both ways.... and then to call what could only be labeled as questionable calls.....inconsistant....

Well, you're gonna have some irate fans....it's expected.... So Superbowl...chill out, nobody said ND didn't play well.....but there was no consistancy on the zebras part.....

I know emotions are high and in all honesty we at WH knew what needed to happen on the field for us to win...... Win the turnover battle, which we did, be physical, which we were, and win field position with the kicking game, which I thought we did a good job at.....Keep it low scoring.....

We are not, offensively, gonna scare anyone....we were looking for a way to win on the scoreboard and not on the stat page...... and we were accomplishing that in the first half.....we cannot get behind...... Plus, the refs were letting the teams play....which I thought helped us more than it helped ND.......

Except for two roughing calls (one each way), a couple of offsides and a motion penalty or two, the refs let the teams play....... And I believe that is the reason there are WH fans upset....... The two holding calls came at CRITICAL times.....one as we were about to score a TD and the other as we were looking to put the game away...... Plus, the flags came LATE in both plays..... If you see a hold, throw the flag, but not after the play has passed you by....I'm not saying the holding calls didn't happen.... I'm saying they were not making any calls of that nature the whole game.... And those plays didn't look any different than any other play I thought a penalty could have been called..... I thought holding could have been called several times, and no offense ND, but a couple of your linemen were reaching behind them when your QB scrambled...... But since the refs were not callin' it, I was OK with it..... they were consistant...

So excuse anyone upset..... Any team would have been upset at the critical time in the game and the timing of the flags thrown....

Kudos to ND, though.... They still needed to score and overcame the turnovers.... They did what they needed to do offensively and their defense stopped us on two occasions when there were no flags thrown where a FG may have been the difference....

I'm just wondering how White House can act like this was homecooking when you admit that White House was helped more than ND? These are the best games when the boys get to play real football and not have hankies all over the field for every time they bump each other.

I'm just wondering how White House can act like this was homecooking when you admit that White House was helped more than ND? These are the best games when the boys get to play real football and not have hankies all over the field for every time they bump each other.

I said a loosely called game, imo, was in our favor..... Because we live and die with the run....so a loose game by the officials benefits us, imo....In a loosely called game the holding penalties are normally not called unless very obvious.... and I'm not sure the holds we were called for were obvious...maybe film will show different.....

I believe you misunderstood my remark.....I didn't think WH was helped more than ND.... ND's offense was better than ours and can rebound from penalties better than we can..... I think that was obvious with the timing of the flags.....

I'm not going to gripe too much about the holding. If we held, then we held and it's a penalty.

But I am going to gripe about not calling a fumble a fumble. When the guy lunges for a second effort and then drops the ball, then you should not say he was down and give him the ball back. It happened on two plays, both Carthorn on the kickoff and then the big No. 38 across the middle of the field.

One of those, we got an interception, so it's a moot point.

Notre Dame was about to turn the football over for the fourth straight possession going back to the first half, and the ball was given back when we clearly recovered it. That's a scoring drive for Notre Dame and the game changed.

Speaking of penalties, we are not completely innocent. We had a late hit on the final scoring drive for Notre Dame that cost us big, and it appeared to be a good call.

Dandy is showing restraint right now, being a good sport, etc. We need someone like that to balance out the ones like myself who will speak the truth no matter how bad or unsportsmanlike it sounds.

That said,.....When a football player carrying the football is hit by another football player and the ball shoots out it is called a fumble - not an accident, not "let's give Johnny another try, he didn't mean to", not DO OVER, DO OVER...

It should be time to move on. Obviously, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball. However, I suggest you watch the film. There is no fumble when the player is ruled down.

I am a player on WH and i would like to say that it is very uncalled for when some of you people ridicule our team. It was a good game. period. It didnt go our way. Thats tough. I played the whole game and I will say that ND is very overrated. They are good, dont get me wrong, just way to overrated. We had our chances to win and we didnt capitalize. End of story. To the rest of my seniors, dont drop down to the level that i am at right now for posting on this stupid board. I love you guys, and we all know who the true winners were. Good luck to ND.

3 TD underdawgs, 94% picking against you...

Lose by one point. I couldnt be any prouder of a group of guys than i am of our team. True underdawgs.

-#54-