Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

I have no idea where you are from but obviously u are a freakin tard...Memphis may not be the best city in the world to live in but i would be much prouder callin myself a Memphian than living anywhere remotely accessible to your incestual town...Memphis high school athletics should not be in the TSSAA because they are a class of their own...the talent from the city alone is better than anywhere else in the state...Football - maybe...But Basketball - no contest...two years ago Memphis had a school representing the city in the State CHAMPIONSHIP in all classifications

A - Mitchell

AA - Ridgeway

AAA - White Station

DII - Lausanne

I dont think you can talk about Memphis any more...Memphians dont get on this board because they are too busy doing important stuff and dont need to get on here and tell you how bad they will beat you...they just show up - stomp ###### - and go home...You are a moron

I think we already have multiple cookies going out in the mail. They should be there anytime now.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In summary, absolute total domination by Lipscomb. Final score was 28-0.

Lipscomb got opening kickoff and drove down for a touchdown in about seven minutes. Lexington was put out of their comfort zone as they could not run on Lipscomb at all. My guess is they have not seen any defense like that. They probably did not run for 50 yards in the whole game. 4 nor 24 could run on Lipscomb at all. Lexington had to resort to throwing the ball the whole second half what little that had the ball. Not Lexington's fault; but, their soft schedule caught up with them tonight.

Hope #4 for Lexington is OK. Had to leave game late in second quarter with concussion when Lipscomb quarterback ran over him on a tackle. Also, Lipscomb tailback broke wrist second play of the game and never came back.

Bring on Covington.

In summary, absolute total domination by Lipscomb. Final score was 28-0.

Lipscomb got opening kickoff and drove down for a touchdown in about seven minutes. Lexington was put out of their comfort zone as they could not run on Lipscomb at all. My guess is they have not seen any defense like that. They probably did not run for 50 yards in the whole game. 4 nor 24 could run on Lipscomb at all. Lexington had to resort to throwing the ball the whole second half what little that had the ball. Not Lexington's fault; but, their soft schedule caught up with them tonight.

Hope #4 for Lexington is OK. Had to leave game late in second quarter with concussion when Lipscomb quarterback ran over him on a tackle. Also, Lipscomb tailback broke wrist second play of the game and never came back.

Bring on Covington.

Congrats to Lexington on a fine season ...they did things this year the old-fashioned way.

UGHHHH....the multiplier reeks.......and the beast is still loose. I tried to tell the Lexington folks what they were up against.......well.....now it's time to see how DL can upgrade their schedule to include more "multiplier schools" that are more challenging to their level. While I did post this week....I feel for the Lexington community. The idea of pitting towns and small cities against private ...er...I mean.... institutions of "higher" learning is downright disgusting. A community gets behind a group of "homegrown" kids from "ALL" walks of life and gets pitted against someone who has 7,000 reasons to be playing together with someone else who has 7,000 reasons to play alongside them......what justice is there????

DL has a very good team...I have said that all along......c'mon Ronnie Carter be realistic and "boot"all of the multipliers into their own league.......

Guest catfish-hunter

Well well folks another Friday has passed and now we are down to just four teams left in Class 3A. Like in week four when they beat the Cheatham Co. Cubs (3-0) and in week seven when they beat Creek Wood (6-0) the Mustangs of David Lipscomb beat up on an unbeaten football team.

They'll do the same thing to Covington next week as well. For all of you who thought that Lexington was just gonna line up and run all over Lipscomb's defense got a rude awakening tonight. The Mustangs have the best defense I've seen on the high school level in quite some time. They run to the ball well and when they get there they DO NOT MISS TACKLES!!!!

Offensively they do what they do and they do it well. I imagine that Elrod had his normal big night and that's just about all that defense needs to win.

Cheatham Co. is the BEST TEAM that Lipscomb has seen thus far on the year and I'm here to say that may be what I say after the Blue Cross Bowl in 2 weeks.

Congrats to Lexington on an outstanding season and most importantly way to go David Lipscomb. You represented Region 5-3A well tonight and I for one hope that you win it all. You are truly a great football team with a great coach in Glen McCadams, who has won 253 games and 2 state titles in 1994 & 2002 respectively.

It must be nice to have that "lame" old excuse to fall back on when you lose. Get over it and get a grip bullpuppy!

How about giving credit to better preparation and execution?

Big boy...I would be happy to give you 7,000 reasons for all of the above...it "ain't lame if it's truth which it is. What did you guys think...if you moved to 3a all of the heat you have taken would disappear??? It's all about fairness...something I never see DL concerned about....you guys want to win and do usually......you just don't have the same level playing field as most "communities" do.

Curious?????....you mean DL students attend that school for free????? C'mon the cost is about $7,000 to attend this school of "better preparation".

I thought that was what you meant. You left the $ sign off..... Push the shift key then the #4 key. Our kids learn things like that at DL (part of the $7000 you know!)

Congrats to Lexington on a fine season ...they did things this year the old-fashioned way.

UGHHHH....the multiplier reeks.......and the beast is still loose. I tried to tell the Lexington folks what they were up against.......well.....now it's time to see how DL can upgrade their schedule to include more "multiplier schools" that are more challenging to their level. While I did post this week....I feel for the Lexington community. The idea of pitting towns and small cities against private ...er...I mean.... institutions of "higher" learning is downright disgusting. A community gets behind a group of "homegrown" kids from "ALL" walks of life and gets pitted against someone who has 7,000 reasons to be playing together with someone else who has 7,000 reasons to play alongside them......what justice is there????

DL has a very good team...I have said that all along......c'mon Ronnie Carter be realistic and "boot"all of the multipliers into their own league.......

You're right bulldog, the fact that somebody's family is able to afford (often at great sacrifice) a private school automatically makes their child a better football player. Take a look at Lipscomb's roster; compare size and speed to almost anybody they play against. Lipscomb will come up short every time.

Lipscomb's secret doesn't have anything to do with money. The true difference is that these kids are willing to line up and do whatever they have to do for their teammates on every play of the game. It's about heart, bulldog. As a former player, I can tell you that I knew every other guy on that field in the purple and gold was going to be laying his body on the line every play for the team. That's something money can't buy -- true respect for and from your teammates.

Go on and say what you like bulldog. The fact of the matter is Lipscomb is a group of classy young men who play their hearts out every Friday night. You can't fault guys like that for winning.

You're right bulldog, the fact that somebody's family is able to afford (often at great sacrifice) a private school automatically makes their child a better football player. Take a look at Lipscomb's roster; compare size and speed to almost anybody they play against. Lipscomb will come up short every time.

Lipscomb's secret doesn't have anything to do with money. The true difference is that these kids are willing to line up and do whatever they have to do for their teammates on every play of the game. It's about heart, bulldog. As a former player, I can tell you that I knew every other guy on that field in the purple and gold was going to be laying his body on the line every play for the team. That's something money can't buy -- true respect for and from your teammates.

Go on and say what you like bulldog. The fact of the matter is Lipscomb is a group of classy young men who play their hearts out every Friday night. You can't fault guys like that for winning.

Man...I cried buckets of tears after that"sacrifice" remark. I can't fault any group of guys who have the $7,000 advantage.

You forgot to add that they are all "zoned" for their school....and that bit about sacrifice and heart and laying his body on the line.....gee .....how about laying it on the line for your "LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD "team. How in the world you can convince anyone that $7,000 is a sacrifice when most of these public families cannot relate to that amount. I did not include the $ sign because 7,000 reasons speaks for itself.

Sacrifice????...can you honestly think that any public school parent/student can relate to $7,000.

How about your neighborhood schools....you would identify what I mean as being "zoned".....exactly how does DL's boundaries work???.......yeah...right

You act like respect from your teammates is only "special" to you and DL.

Man, you were right about one thing.... I can't fault DL"s players for winning....only the platform that allows them to play schools that don't have that $7,000 advantage. You act as if no public student works hard enough...lays his body on the line... has respect from his teammates...etc.

A true measure of your program is to see what happens when the multiplier is thrown out and all of the"classy" young men who go to these schools and their families "sacrifice" $$$$$ in the thousands to PLAY each other. Now, that being said...when does DL pull out of 3a and play in a private school region to play all of those other classy and respedted young men????????