Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

When the multiplier came into effect and DL was put into a 3a region with public schools...this is no longer a public/private issue that should not be pushed off to the side. Count up the number of private schools who made it the 1a 2a 3a quarterfinals and compare the percentage of private schools vs public schools and then check that total vs the overall percentage of private/public schools in these classes to start with.

My solution is simple....as I have said...move all private schools to their own classes ans separate them into region/size/etc. The multiplier will be struck down in this state as it has in others.

By the way....is this the "Spin Zone".....because all I hear from DL is how "hard" they work...how good their coach is....and especially this one...."WE have "ordinary" guys who like to bla blah blah... It makes the public coaches and players look like the are all second rate.....this is "elitism" that exists and promotes the flak.

You still remain ill-informed on your opinion of the Lipscomb program. There is still a huge difference to Privates who play in Division I and those who play in Division II. Its called aid, scholarship and the recruitment of athletes. Lipscomb has chosen not to participate in that division. Until you have done a little more research on the Lipscomb system you will remain ill-informed. Your continued comments have now become boring and stale within the Lipscomb threads. Perhaps you should move over into the Goodpasture thread. Perhaps you and CoachHard should get together and form a new thread of your own. And a final salutation: "Come Back when you can't stay so long!"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former Lipscomb player, I sit here baffled wondering how one could say that being private school is what won the 37 games from my sophomore year to my senior year. Also, I wonder how anyone in their right mind could have watched the game Friday night and not seen how Lexington had better athletes. Yes, Lipscomb gets kids from a wider area, but it was clear that Lexington was bigger, faster, and stronger. Did it matter? No, because Lipscomb kids play well together in a system that is near flawless thanks to some of the greatest coaches and men that I have ever known.

If you have any questions as to how the Lipscomb program runs and operates, you are free to call former defensive coordiator Troy Williams who is now the Assistant Prinicipal at Dickson Co. after serving with the Mustangs for a year. He will gladly tell you that Lipscomb does not recruit, but merely will out execute in every aspect of the game.

Lipscomb has a huge advantage over a small town?? I think not. Did you see the Lexington crowd, that was amazing. I just saw a group of kids out athleted perform at a very high level and move on to the next round. Congrats to both teams on good years and good luck Stangs.

Boys...Boys....are you trying to intimidate the Bulldog?

I think that you are being challenged and you don't like it.

I know very well how Div 1 and Div 2 work. I know that my feeling about private schools playing in their own region is not far away....as you will see. Guys, Davidson Academy took the leap...it can be done.

When someone disagrees with you....calling them pathetic and pitiful....well..that dog won't hunt.....name-calling...oh how original.

I have never run your Team down...like I said they are very good.

The multiplier does not work. It's simple...get out!

Plus...I am not going anywhere....stop your whinng about someone having a different opinion.

Edited by bulldog69