Columbia Thanksgiving Classic

Shootmore

I'll be there on both Friday and Saturday, banjodr and kwright. Hope to see both of you. I'll be watching the games involving Page's district foes - Loretto, Giles Co., and Spring Hill. I'm pretty sure I'll make the Lawrence Co./Wayne Co. game at 7:30 Sat. and possibly the Columbia/Brentwood Academy game at 6:00 when I get through watching Siegel/Loretto at Whitthorne Middle at 4:30. Should be some great basketball.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do it, banjodr. How could one refuse free food? I should make it to Central on Friday by 4:30 to see Wayne Co./Tupelo. With WC's win over Loretto last night (Tues.), I'm kind of interested in what they have. WC also won recently over Lewis Co., another Page district foe, so I want to see what they're running on both offense and defense. I'm thinking now they may give LC a run for their money on Sat's last game of the Classic.

Edited by PageMan

I'll try to post some scores and possibly game reports if I have time tonight. I'll be back and forth between the two sites so I hope that the Columbia people will be posting scores as well. I'll be covering the District 10-AA teams Loretto, Giles Co. and Spring Hill, but I will also be looking at Wayne Co., Columbia Central, and Lawrence Co. I'll be there from about 11 AM until conclusion around 9 PM if I can't make it that long. Come out for some great games I'm sure.

Hickman Co 42

Lebanon 36

Lincoln Co. 52

Siegel 59

Lawrence Co leads Brentwwod Academy by 6 with 5:00 left in the 4th

Antioch 69

Giles Co. 48

Lawrence Co 46

Brentwood Academy 43

Ashley Moore lead Lawrence Co with 15 pts.

Dunlap for Brentwood Academy only had 4pts and fouled out with 7min left in 4th quarter.

Edited by Lions Den

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! What a day of basketball!!!!!!!

Loretto 77

Obion Co. 65

Columbia 55

South Gwinnett GA 53

Not sure of final scores, Lexington AL defeated Mt. Pleasant.

Great first day at the Rotary Classic. Great crowds all day. Great atmosphere. Very well could be the best girls Thanksgiving Classic in the state or southeast.

See you tommorrow!!