Final season of "the pit"

pride&tradition

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now that is a flash back......

you old oc farts remember when oc played oak hill acad at union univ?

cude took the first three shot for oc at about, well,lets say near mid-court line........

all those coats and ties were coming off the oak hill coaches after cude hit his 3rd 3 pointer in a row.....from about mid court....

oc almost beat a nationally ranked team....

i can't remember if that team had any players that are in the nba today.....but oak hill has put a lot of d1 props into college and the nba...

My Lord...mg and wescharge together on a thread....Excuse me while I go puke...

I guess my fondest memory,well it wasn't at the time,but....Harry Ferguson breaking the control panel to the scoreboard back in the 80's....

I think Jimmy took that trophy with him to Lake County....... :angry::)

Edited by backinthaoc

I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE A GREAT GESTURE OF THE OC FANS AND ADMINISTRATION TO BRING BACK THOSE PLAYERS AND COACHES FROM THE 80S AND 90S AFTER THE SEASON ENDS AND HAVE ONE BIG NIGHT OF RECOGNITION AND MEMORIES OF THE PIT ....MAYBE SHOW SOME OLD FILM HIGHLIGHTS OR SOMETHING

I have many fond memories from the 80's & 90's when The Pit would be rockin' and I would get goosebumps when the keyboard started on "Jump" and the team would bust on to the floor. But my favorite is from a more personal standpoint. My highlight is when my son Lucas & the 2001 Rebels took Butch Hopkins & his Choctaws to the woodshed by 20+ on Senior Night.

Edited by NWhoopaholic