Where's the Mr. Football love

HLfan68

The Jo Byrns Red Devils senior quarterback, Clay Head, got absolutely ripped off in regards to this reward. I am in no way associated with that school or program but the kids stats are unreal. Here's a quick break down

2,185 total yards

-1,722 passing

-463 rushing

37 total touchdowns

-28 passing

-9 rushing

speaking of passing he was 122-177, thats almost 70% completion rate with only ONE interception

so wheres the love for this kid, good lord.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jo Byrns Red Devils senior quarterback, Clay Head, got absolutely ripped off in regards to this reward. I am in no way associated with that school or program but the kids stats are unreal. Here's a quick break down

2,185 total yards

-1,722 passing

-463 rushing

37 total touchdowns

-28 passing

-9 rushing

speaking of passing he was 122-177, thats almost 70% completion rate with only ONE interception

so wheres the love for this kid, good lord.

I agree. What a year for this young man.

now clay head had lead his team to the semi finals and his stats are even better. i know deserving players get left out but show me some stats for the 1A back finalist, no one has better stats. nuts and bolts, he got screwed.

OH, you think the award is given for stats huh? Well i guess they got to go back and change the last 25 yrs worth of MR Footballs. Their is no stat for leadership, is there?

OH, you think the award is given for stats huh? Well i guess they got to go back and change the last 25 yrs worth of MR Footballs. Their is no stat for leadership, is there?

you probley right just because you don't get noticed is why you don't get it guess you have to be from a pouplar school like trousdal or somewhere like that face it he got screwed

you probley right just because you don't get noticed is why you don't get it guess you have to be from a pouplar school like trousdal or somewhere like that face it he got screwed

Clay has the stats, the leadership, and the winning team. He has these stats and didn't play many fourth quarters. If you are on an undefeated team (that is ranked 2 in the state) with his numbers there should be no way you get over looked. Thats alright if they don't want to give Jo Byrns any recognition, where still playing. One more step to the State final, and the quarterback will lead them all the way.

Edited by mtillman25

dbras, you will change your tune about leadership when tiny robertson county jo byrns beat trousdale and takes home a gold ball. i know any of those kids for the red devils would rather have a gold ball then a stupid mr football.

i agree with you clay is a team leader and has great stat's that thay can say what thay want but it should have been on how the guy perform's instead of what school and the coach has to do with it we all no who should have got it that's all that matter's just make's him want the gold ball more clay is a hero to all his team which means more than mr, football to a leader like clay we hope to meet mr, football at the boro