Wilson Cates

swipper

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable to his team over anyone in 3A. I don't understand how he is not atleast a finalist! I don't think that the playoffs count towards the award. But I could be wrong!

Is it too late to start a "write in" campaign? After the way he has played in the 3 playoff games, his stock sure has risen!!! Keep it rolling Wilson!!

He is not only a great athlete, He is a great person !!!

His # 1 priority in his life is Jesus Christ. He credits him for all of his

Accomplishments.

Presently, he is being recruited by Harvard, UT, Tenn Tech and Vanderbilt.

Any college will be lucky to have him.

GO WILDCATS !!!!!

Wilson is not only a great player, but also a great person. He would give u the shirt off of his back if he knew u needed it. I played ball with him for 2 years and we are still really good friends. He has been the heart and soul of this team for 4 years and he is deserving of everything he gets. I asked him what he thought about Mr. Football and he told me he didn't want it. He didn't want to be put in the spotlight like that and leave his teamates out of it. He told me plain and simple " I just want to win state and thats all that matters." And that is exactly why I think they will win state, because they are not selfish like some of the teams in the past. They don't care who has the most rushing yards or tackles or td's they just want to win, and Wilson is the perfect one to lead this team and I think he does a great job. Bring it home guys and prove the whole world wrong, and do what everybody in Livingston has been expecting for the last 4 or 5 years a state championship!!!

Wilson is not only a great player, but also a great person. He would give u the shirt off of his back if he knew u needed it. I played ball with him for 2 years and we are still really good friends. He has been the heart and soul of this team for 4 years and he is deserving of everything he gets. I asked him what he thought about Mr. Football and he told me he didn't want it. He didn't want to be put in the spotlight like that and leave his teamates out of it. He told me plain and simple " I just want to win state and thats all that matters." And that is exactly why I think they will win state, because they are not selfish like some of the teams in the past. They don't care who has the most rushing yards or tackles or td's they just want to win, and Wilson is the perfect one to lead this team and I think he does a great job. Bring it home guys and prove the whole world wrong, and do what everybody in Livingston has been expecting for the last 4 or 5 years a state championship!!!

Amen to that shine... He is a man among men. Just the other day i was telling some elderly men bout him, and they kept askin if he let the spotlight go to his head, and the thing is he is the last person that would let that happen. This kid is successful in everything he does. but it doesnt come without a price, Wilson had a work ethic like no other... Always workin on his weaknesses to make them his strengths. i know 4 a fact that every sunday this season we would lift weights and run routes to improve his game... the kid just wants it!! Shine is wrong to say Cates has led this team 4 the last 4 years, more liike ever since the pee wee day at age nine. He is leader and inspiration to people on and off the field... Kudos to whomever started this thread. Good luck cats lets show the state how the country boys can olay