2005 Gomab Players Rankings (Fall)

gomab2

It's been a while since my last rankings. Here's a look at the Gomab 2006-2008 Fall Rankings. Top 55 for '06, Top 50 for '07, and Top 40 for '08. Full rankings will be available via subscription by December... These rankings may only be posted on here until January 1, so enjoy. There are some nice surprises in the updated rankings, so, let the discussions begin...

U can access all three from this page:

http://unapproved website.com/Gomab.html

moneymoneyisthekey how much do my parents have to pay to get me ranked? :thumb:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely tough to rank kids especially in the Class of 2008 since they are so young. Everyone will know more about them after this high school season but it is a good discussion topic. Couple thoughts on that Class.

Someone mentioned Gaskins, he has to sit out until January b/c he transfered schools. He played in the scrimmages and was a major contributor for LaVergne. He is very underrated. I dont think Macadoo is a top 10 player. Yes he has size and athleticism, but he is extremely raw on offense, needs a lot of work. Does have a lot of "potential" so we will see. I'll put Gross in that same boat, good size and actually has good feet. Major problem is attitude and effort. He regressed last summer. I dont think he is top 15, but definitely could be as good as anyone if he chooses. Quinche is better tha Macadoo at this point without question. Williams had a down summer for any number of reasons but he will finish top 3 in this class ahead of Caldwell before it is all over. I think he is better now. I must be really missing the boat on Michael Williams. I have seen him countless times, he isnt top 30. Frankly, his teammate on the Thunder and the guy who gets all the minutes so far at Antioch is Kyle Upton, much more solid player.

Anyway, given the time is takes to evaluate the kids, I applaude GoMab for putting forth the effort and any criticisms/disagreements shouldnt be taked too seriously. Like I said, gives people a good topic to discuss.

Extremely tough to rank kids especially in the Class of 2008 since they are so young. Everyone will know more about them after this high school season but it is a good discussion topic. Couple thoughts on that Class.

Someone mentioned Gaskins, he has to sit out until January b/c he transfered schools. He played in the scrimmages and was a major contributor for LaVergne. He is very underrated. I dont think Macadoo is a top 10 player. Yes he has size and athleticism, but he is extremely raw on offense, needs a lot of work. Does have a lot of "potential" so we will see. I'll put Gross in that same boat, good size and actually has good feet. Major problem is attitude and effort. He regressed last summer. I dont think he is top 15, but definitely could be as good as anyone if he chooses. Quinche is better tha Macadoo at this point without question. Williams had a down summer for any number of reasons but he will finish top 3 in this class ahead of Caldwell before it is all over. I think he is better now. I must be really missing the boat on Michael Williams. I have seen him countless times, he isnt top 30. Frankly, his teammate on the Thunder and the guy who gets all the minutes so far at Antioch is Kyle Upton, much more solid player.

Anyway, given the time is takes to evaluate the kids, I applaude GoMab for putting forth the effort and any criticisms/disagreements shouldnt be taked too seriously. Like I said, gives people a good topic to discuss.

Where is Lee Smith, Chris Conner and Matt Hargis?

He didnt say right now..he said in terms of productivity.

I would probably put him around #4 in terms of productivity at the next level. Niles wont do more than him at the next level. Doubt Vanardo will either.

Then again...Chism, Niles, and Ramsey all have to be eligible first and thats still up in the air.

i just dont see it. you gotta remember these other guys i mentioned are playing for national powerhouses, putting up better numbers because you play at UTM or Murray State doesnt quite quaify you as a better player(by the way, im not saying thats where he's goin to school at im just making an example, i honeslty have no clue where he's goin to). i just know that if you stick him at UNC, Georgia Tech, Miss St., or Memphis i seriously doubt he will be more productive. dont get me wrong now, im not taking anything away from the kid, but saying he could be #2 is a little crazy when you consider the fact that we have 2 of the 5 best players in the country right here in TN. im not being a hater or anything i hope he does go on to be a stud at the next level, i love seeing instate players make a serious impact in college. i just dont think he's on the same level as Young, Wright, Kemp, Chism, Vanardo, Powell, and Niles just yet...just my opinoin though.

btw, i think Chism is pretty dang close to being eligible next year.

i just dont see it. you gotta remember these other guys i mentioned are playing for national powerhouses, putting up better numbers because you play at UTM or Murray State doesnt quite quaify you as a better player(by the way, im not saying thats where he's goin to school at im just making an example, i honeslty have no clue where he's goin to). i just know that if you stick him at UNC, Georgia Tech, Miss St., or Memphis i seriously doubt he will be more productive. dont get me wrong now, im not taking anything away from the kid, but saying he could be #2 is a little crazy when you consider the fact that we have 2 of the 5 best players in the country right here in TN. im not being a hater or anything i hope he does go on to be a stud at the next level, i love seeing instate players make a serious impact in college. i just dont think he's on the same level as Young, Wright, Kemp, Chism, Vanardo, Powell, and Niles just yet...just my opinoin though.

btw, i think Chism is pretty dang close to being eligible next year.

Tubby Smith is inquiring about Ramsey. If he becomes eligible, I still don't know if he will end up there, but I would consdier KY a powerhouse. Ask Brandon Wright what he thinks. I'm sure he will tell you that Ramsey holds his own against the best players in the country on the Nike Tour. The only two that I would definitley pick Ramsey over if I were picking sides would be Varnardo and Powell. I must admit that Kemp, Chism, Niles and Wright would come before Ramsey.

I know for a fact we have several players on our team better than ones on these rankings, but they still get no recognition ;)

Exactly JW. Don't worry this guy is a self appointed authority and its all about money. You must pay to go to one of his so called showcases so that he can see you play. Who cares ,but parents with nothing better to do, and money to burn.

Also you need to pay for his subscription and you need to play on a travel team (more money) etc etc. You are exactly right there on some kids on his list that probably are not even the best on their team and definitely not in their district. You don't hear those other kids names becausee their parents didn't spend the necessary money.

And how could this guy living in Middle Tennessee ever have time to see all players in the state? Look at his web site, he tries to pass himself off as a "recruiter". So pay him a fee and he will try try try to get your kid a scholarship by hyping him up on his self appointed authority rankings. I would bet you anything this guy never touched a basketball in high school let alone college. Rankings are meaningful when sportwriters and coaches rank, but not when done by self appointed recruiters. Follow the money trail. That is what it is all about.

stop hatin on gomab...hes an AAU coach so he knows what hes doing...

and about Ramsey, I know where he is going so I can say that with a certain amount of confidence. I'm not saying he has better skills than Kemp, Wright, Young. I haven't seem Chism and Powell play so I won't compare him. However I do know that a college will put some meat on him and make him a solid player. and he does have better skills then Niles in my opinion and with the added weight when college comes around...I think he will be more productive. I really do not think that Niles will be productive at the next level (personal opinion there)