Oneida at Clarkrange

BuffaloFan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida lost 7 seniors from last year's team. That's their five starters and first two off the bench. The only returning player that got significant playing time last year is Benji Jacobs who is still returning from an injury.

Now the good news. This team may not have the shooters the Range has but they are more athletic. If Oneida wants to win this one, I'd press the Buffs and wait for them to mistakes. Clarkrange has the advantage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Indians stay in it and win it.

My thinking on this is one is that Clarkrange almost beat a very quality team in Oliver Springs. They lost that game in overtime. I'm not saying that Oliver Springs is the best team ever, but they are a great team. They returned a lot of people from last year, whereas Oneida is rebuilding. Oneida has people with not a lot of high school experience that are going to step up and it's going to be hard for them to find a flow so early in the season. I look for Oneida to start off slow and pick things up later in the season, because they're going to have to grow. Clarkrange by 20+.

I don't believe that it is going to be a 20+ point game. Oneida didn't perform well in the Hall of Fame games but they were playing AAA and AA schools. Now that it is the regular season I believe that Coach Windle will settle on 7 or 8 players and stick with them because they have got to build some chemistry on the floor and by subbing so many people you can't do that. The first 2 games I think he was just trying to get a feel of what he has and now that he knows, the Indians should be a more productive ball club. I am not saying Oneida is going to win, but it will be closer than the experts think.

I'm looking for the Indian Heartbeat to get stronger as they grow. Trust me, they are only going to rise because they have no other direction to go. They have enough bodies to find a mix that works for them. If they get discouraged, it will be another long night. Keys for them are keeping the score managable and execution in their half court sets. I'd say the Buffs are clear favorites, but if the Tribe can keep it close, who Knows?!?!

:thumb: Kaz :lol:

Clarkrange probably has the upper hand in this game. They have seniors that have seen Oneida win the last couple of years, although two games have been decided on last second shots. Oneida this year seems to be underdog in most games they play, but that is not always a bad thing. Clarkrange will be ready for this epic battle. Oneida will hustle and compete, they will give it all they have. Should be a great game to watch. Look out for the underdogs.