Wow!

ballfan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to say it but it's pretty ridiculous. i'm not taking anything away from gleason but dyersburg is the defending state runner up in AAA and they beat a very good chester county team the other night but then come out tonight and get beat by gleason. i hope they've awaken because the school already had one big disappointment this year in football they sure don't need another one! so wake up!

i hate to say it but it's pretty ridiculous. i'm not taking anything away from gleason but dyersburg is the defending state runner up in AAA and they beat a very good chester county team the other night but then come out tonight and get beat by gleason. i hope they've awaken because the school already had one big disappointment this year in football they sure don't need another one! so wake up!

I think its good for a team to have a wake up call...especially early in the season.im sure they are now ready for business

Let's face the facts...Dyersburg is one of the youngest teams in our district..They are going to have several up and down games before they settle down and play up to their potential..no need for anyone to panic...they got alot to learn & no doubt Coffman will use every opportunity provided to get them ready for the second season (tournaments)...

I hope they are quick learners though cause Sat afternoon was ugly...against a very good, well coached Gleason team too...

Hudson was impressive as were the rest of the team... Hope to see them at the Boro with the lady trojans!!!

Let's face the facts...Dyersburg is one of the youngest teams in our district..They are going to have several up and down games before they settle down and play up to their potential..no need for anyone to panic...they got alot to learn & no doubt Coffman will use every opportunity provided to get them ready for the second season (tournaments)...

I hope they are quick learners though cause Sat afternoon was ugly...against a very good, well coached Gleason team too...

Hudson was impressive as were the rest of the team... Hope to see them at the Boro with the lady trojans!!!

little joe, i don't know who you are, but you know what you are talking about...

dburg beat a good AAA munford team tonight 66-47...

pre-season prediction, by most AAA coaches in west tennessee has munford in their top 3, as they return all starters from last years team that was pretty solid.....

until strayhorn returns after christmas, this is what we can expect....

good games and ugly games....

but that is oh so ok dude........love to see all those sophomores and juniors getting some time.....

Edited by mg

You really do have no idea what your talking about considering that the DC club is by far the youngest in the district!

You really do have no idea what your talking about considering that the DC club is by far the youngest in the district!

Dc...I guess you are referring to the post about Dyersburg being so young...They said Dyersburg is one of the youngest..not the youngest...But..as far as I know ,Dyersburg has only one senior starting and Dyer Co has at least one senior starting in Molly Wright....I don't know if either team has more than one senior starting , but overall it looks like both squads have young teams and better days may be ahead for both.... but Dyersburg is still not counting out this season once everybody is back and plays together for awhile ....

First of all, mrbigster, I appreciate the help in pointing out the obvious to others who read this merely to seek out something to argue about. You put it very well and I appreciate knowing that some on this format, take the time to read before responding....

Second, let me clarify that I was NOT saying Dyersburg was throwing away this season merely because of a lack of experience. I have full confidence in their ability and as the season progresses, experience will come which should make them tough in tournaments...unlike other schools, I don't see Dyersburg playing this year merely for next year or future years benefit....that program, like Westview, Gibson Co, Obion, and other programs throughout the state, play fully expecting to compete for championships EVERY year......as they will this year...much unlike other programs I will not mention on this forum.......

Dc...I guess you are referring to the post about Dyersburg being so young...They said Dyersburg is one of the youngest..not the youngest...But..as far as I know ,Dyersburg has only one senior starting and Dyer Co has at least one senior starting in Molly Wright....I don't know if either team has more than one senior starting , but overall it looks like both squads have young teams and better days may be ahead for both.... but Dyersburg is still not counting out this season once everybody is back and plays together for awhile ....

DC definitely gets the nod when it comes to lack of experience.