Trousdale @ Hampton - Mismatch?

Blacky Callahan

Well........

It's over

nothing butt memories for me

TC will win state they deserve it, what a great ball team

I personally take responsibilty for us losing

I didn't block worth a crap

To all the Hampton fans sorry that I let you all down.

But on the bright side heck of a season boys

Mec champions... i never forget this for as long as I live

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well........

It's over

Don't be down on yourself BD71... You didn't quit, you played hard. Good job. Be proud of your team.

Well........

It's over

you cant hold the whole team on your shoulders and you sure as heck cant do it alone.everyone on the team had a part in the loss.

Well........

It's over

Young man, you win as a team and you lose as a team. You went out there and gave it your all. No one can ask any more of you than that. Congratulations on a great season.

Edited by JacketPride34

Well........

It's over

You boys played your heart out all year, be proud and look back at what you boys have done this year. I will never forget you boys Thank You for the dreams that you have given us. It has been fun and we have enjoyed every minute of it and hold your head up and be PROUD!

Well........

It's over

Don`t be to hard on yourself thair pup, you boyz was riding a roller coaster all season.you just had no idea what wuz comin your way last fri. I`m satisfied you boyz played your best..........TC has an all around program that not to many folks can match. & this didn`t happen overnite,this has been buildin since late 50s&early 60`s when Jungle Jim Sat. took over the reins at TCHS. this season has been something you can build on for years to come.....by the way.......... how wuz them shins feelin sat. morn. Also you gave the folks around your community the biggest thrill of awhile&they won`t forget it for a long time to come.

Edited by Tushhog72

My only question is this: Why didn't Mike or J.C. Call Mark Byrd and get him to practice with Hampton this week? Mark told me at the game Friday that he would've been more than happy to have worked with them.

I asked him if they called him. He said, "No, they should have."

I agree Mark. I agree.

Trousdale's quarterback is the best QB in 1-A since Byrd. He's a better passer, but Byrd was more of an athlete as far as running kicks and playing different positions. As far as running - Byrd was one of the best the state's ever seen at the position.

Maybe Trousdale got a hold of some of the old Cloudland films and saw what kind of damage Mark did back in the day against the same style Bulldog defense?

- - - - -

Either way, we're all proud of the Bulldogs. Good season boys. I think Hampton will be twice as good next year and better than that the year after. Trousdale will be down a little next year, I think it might be Hampton's year. The only problem? Next year, y'all will have to go down there.

Another positive is Mike has played Trousdade before, he knows they can be beat. GET UR DUNN BULLDOGS.

I have been quite for a couple of days to rest, so here goes. You are right thair pojo, Mike couldn't get ur dunn 10 years ago and still can't get ur dunn now! I have said before he can't coach past region 2. Poor coaching beat Cloudland in 95, and bad play calling didn't help Hampton in 05. 2nd you talk about being mature on here how about half time Friday, you showed your true colors. I wasn't in the group that you had words with, but I was close and herd what was happening. Didn't I post on here early on that people from Roan Mtn don't like Mike and Friday just goes to show you that it will get worse before it gets better.

Yon know it stinks when you have to agree with the King. Hampton was beat, slamed, and cast in the Doe river for fish food Friday. I have never seen so many Bulldogs running after getting in a Yellow Jackets nest. All of the bulldog fans were clearing out by the 4th quarter. I never saw a goose egg in the in my 45-16 guess. I at least thought Hampton would have scored one time. Never the less the greatest coaching show in 1A was in full force Friday night, and Hampton better take a good look at the tapes and learn a few things. Someone in this post or one of the other ones said that Hampton was to big and powerful for Trousdale, looks like big 77 will tell you something different, I saw him take a good lick in the head. Pojo made a real nice inpression on Trousdale's fans buy fighting with some people from Roan Mtn at halftime, (real classy) you told them didn't you pojo. Some said at work the ballgame was over in the first quarter, mabe so but at the end of half time when Hampton was comeing on the field did anyone else see the mascot for the bulldogs lay down in the endzone. He knew that it was over, and so did everyone else. I told one guy from Trousdale that if we had knowen it was going to be this bad then Hampton should have just met them in or around Knoxville and saved them a four and a half hour trip. Good luck in basketball and we will see you on Jan 13. :thumb:

Well, at least Hampton made it to the 4th round coached by J.C. Campbell and MIKE LUNSFORD. I believe it absolutely tears the Landers up that they can't beat Hampton and Lunsford because all that Cloudland lives for is football and to beat Hampton in football and they couldn't do it. I have heard people say that Cloudland was still the better team. HAHA, they beat Cloudland and beat Coalfield by 2 TD's, the team that put Cloudland out. I don't believe that Cloudland has ever beat Hampton when Lunsford was on the staff for the Dawgs. Did Cloudland ever make it past the 1st round before he got to Cloudland, or did they even make the playoffs before? I believe it would have been in Cloudland's best interest just not to even worried about the games against their playoffs games a couple of years ago instead of meeting them. They should just have went ahead and forfeited the games because 63-26 and 39-8 wasn't too good either. Let's don't even talk about that embarrassment on Highlander Hill in 2003 against CAK for the #1 team in the state.