Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

The rave about the Cloudland freshmen ladies is well-deserved.

Hampton has a Tremendous freshman, Oliver.

Unaka has a half-dozen, with Keleigh and Winters maybe a half-step ahead at the moment. The younger Babb, will play a lot when her foot heals.

And a great point, "17" - about the ability to develop a very promising player, Slowly. We may hear very little this season about some future Stars; some of the better ones, for that reason.

*Haven't seen enough to bet the light bill on any of these; but all will be heard from soon.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith Dupree is definitely one of the best in ET....Very few girls her size have a strong post and can stroke the three.....keep an eye on her....Caoch Christopher was a good hire despite her daughter....

Good Hire Come on.... how about that middle school coach in the land of OZ that coached all those girls that are playing right now. Did he ever lose a game with those girls? If he did it might have been one. I know Coach Wright had good success and that comes from kids coming from a good middle school program. Lets watch the next 4 or 5 years and see if b ball at oz goes down any.

OK, in East Tennessee the best Freshman is hands down Faith Dupree. Granted Christopher is very talented, but Dupree can put points on the board any time the ball touches her hands. If I needed to stop Christopher, it can be doable, but Dupree is a whole other animal. I'm not saying Christopher can't score, it's just that Faith is virtually unstoppable one on one. Yes, Dupree can shoot the three, but she will see in the long run that her meal ticket is best punched inside where her size and height creates defensive nightmares for other teams. As long as AC can get this kid the ball, they will win ball games! Christopher might end up with a more significant career, but she is not of as much value to her team as Faith. If these two ever play on the same team.............the coach just has to show up!

:lol: Kaz :thumb:

OK, in East Tennessee the best Freshman is hands down Faith Dupree. Granted Christopher is very talented, but Dupree can put points on the board any time the ball touches her hands. If I needed to stop Christopher, it can be doable, but Dupree is a whole other animal. I'm not saying Christopher can't score, it's just that Faith is virtually unstoppable one on one. Yes, Dupree can shoot the three, but she will see in the long run that her meal ticket is best punched inside where her size and height creates defensive nightmares for other teams. As long as AC can get this kid the ball, they will win ball games! Christopher might end up with a more significant career, but she is not of as much value to her team as Faith. If these two ever play on the same team.............the coach just has to show up!

B) Kaz B)

I've saw both Faith and Kayla play B.ball all summer and if anyone knows B.ball you know that you can not compare a pt. guard,2, or 3 guard to a post player. First of all they're both excellent ball players in their positions, but whose overall stats are the best??? In order to compare any player to each other you have to take in cosideration all stats. Not just on the offensive end. The steals, the assists, the blocked shots, etc... You are right, if Faith ever decides to go to OS, B) the coach, the girls on the team, and the State Tourney would be in for a great time!! The two together would be EXPLOSIVE!!! To me trying to pick the best freshman is crazy. Try picking 10 instead of one. The thought of a best ball player is everything included,(stat wise) and how they just play the game overall in general. Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion and in order to pick the best freshman, you'd have to watch everyone of them in Tennessee and who can do that???????HaHa! I would hate to have to pick a team that consists of all freshmen. There is a group of girls from middle Tn, that are among the list also!! By the way, anyone one ball player can be stopped if you have the defensive people to put on them!! Sure you can put points on the board, but if you have a good defensive person to put on the person, they can be STOPPED!!! Doesn't matter who that person is!!

I really do not know if explosive could even describe it! I do know it would be an awesome show to see. But reality smacks you in the face, what are the odds of that one happening. But you never know! All the problems brewing up at A.C. Anything is possible.

Problems brewing up at A.C. what are they? Do you know something that no one else knows? So anyway are they a well coached team? I have never seen them play. I just know they have had a little talent in the past

I've saw both Faith and Kayla play B.ball all summer and if anyone knows B.ball you know that you can not compare a pt. guard,2, or 3 guard to a post player. First of all they're both excellent ball players in their positions, but whose overall stats are the best??? In order to compare any player to each other you have to take in cosideration all stats. Not just on the offensive end. The steals, the assists, the blocked shots, etc... You are right, if Faith ever decides to go to OS, :thumb: the coach, the girls on the team, and the State Tourney would be in for a great time!! The two together would be EXPLOSIVE!!! To me trying to pick the best freshman is crazy. Try picking 10 instead of one. The thought of a best ball player is everything included,(stat wise) and how they just play the game overall in general. Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion and in order to pick the best freshman, you'd have to watch everyone of them in Tennessee and who can do that???????HaHa! I would hate to have to pick a team that consists of all freshmen. There is a group of girls from middle Tn, that are among the list also!! By the way, anyone one ball player can be stopped if you have the defensive people to put on them!! Sure you can put points on the board, but if you have a good defensive person to put on the person, they can be STOPPED!!! Doesn't matter who that person is!!

STOPPED!!! R u serious please find a girl that is 6' 4'' and that can stop Faith please find a girl that can stop the Stewart girl from Oak Ridge and find somebody that can stop the sensational sophmore from Webb. STOP or do you mean contain. Do you know anything about b-ball or are you just making a bad comment. So no anyone one player can not be stopped but yes they can be contained. Although some are harder to contain than others and which leads to Christopher being easier to contain than Faith because of the match up problems. Finding someone 6' 4'' is a little harder than someone 5' 6''

<_<

STOPPED!!! R u serious please find a girl that is 6' 4'' and that can stop Faith please find a girl that can stop the Stewart girl from Oak Ridge and find somebody that can stop the sensational sophmore from Webb. STOP or do you mean contain. Do you know anything about b-ball or are you just making a bad comment. So no anyone one player can not be stopped but yes they can be contained. Although some are harder to contain than others and which leads to Christopher being easier to contain than Faith because of the match up problems. Finding someone 6' 4'' is a little harder than someone 5' 6''

OK so maybe the word is contained instead of stopped,but...there is no comparison in a guard and a post player. Have you ever saw the girl from Anderson County go from one end of the floor and go all the way with a defensive girl on her and score all the time? Just like Christopher can't hardly post up on a 6 footer, without getting it blocked. No negative comments to either girl, just an observation and to answer your question, I played college ball and been around it ALL my life. What are your credentials? And are you trying to tell me that there are not many 6 footers around that play ball?? Almost every team has a big girl, thats not to say that there are as many as small as Christopher,but both girls can play and I personally would like to see them on the same team,but???? :lol: on one hand there's a speed factor, wonder who would make it down the floor first to score??? Just a thought to consider. This post is not to put anyone down, just a friendly conversation about ball!!! :( So don't be so ugly or defensive on the comments made by a member OK? Most of the time you have to have both size girls to make a team agreed?

Edited by CJED24