Alcoa06

DEION

Why are you going to come on here and run your mouth about supposedly your own team? Sounds to me like you are starving for attention, but scared to sign your name to a post. Anybody can hide behind a keyboard and talk stuff! By the "06" and the amount that you supposedly know about in school stuff...sounds like you are a kid trying to stir up stuff. However, I am confused because I dont know why you would bad mouth this team or anyone associated with it and then try to post a score with Alcoa winning and make it sound like you are a true fan. There is a diffrence in posting hard core facts and starting rumours...the diffrence being, you are typing on the computer under a screen name instead of saying what you did and signing it with your name and standing behind it! Why dont you be "man" enough to back up your "facts" and tell us who you are...since you are bad mouthing "our" team? But, since you are not going to do that, stay home friday night and dont try and be something you obviously are not...a Alcoa fan.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you going to come on here and run your mouth about supposedly your own team? Sounds to me like you are starving for attention, but scared to sign your name to a post. Anybody can hide behind a keyboard and talk stuff! By the "06" and the amount that you supposedly know about in school stuff...sounds like you are a kid trying to stir up stuff. However, I am confused because I dont know why you would bad mouth this team or anyone associated with it and then try to post a score with Alcoa winning and make it sound like you are a true fan. There is a diffrence in posting hard core facts and starting rumours...the diffrence being, you are typing on the computer under a screen name instead of saying what you did and signing it with your name and standing behind it! Why dont you be "man" enough to back up your "facts" and tell us who you are...since you are bad mouthing "our" team? But, since you are not going to do that, stay home friday night and dont try and be something you obviously are not...a Alcoa fan.

Ya know Deion i dont think he will be in Boro Friday night. I think his ankles are broke from jumping on and off the Alcoa Bandwagon. Just another doubter to prove wrong friday night!

1. Yes, I am an Alcoa fan

2. Yes, I am a student at Alcoa

3. Yes, the incident at school is a fact, not a rumor, my friends were involved.

4. Yes, I am going to the Boro and you can come talk to me Friday night, I will be more than happy to tell you what I'm wearing and where I am sitting.

Im not jumping on and off any bandwagon, if you cant tell I didnt say anything about one Alcoa player, or the team, I was commenting on the Coach. I know all of the team, and im best friends with the seniors on the team. I support them 100 percent and I always will. I have never once doubted the players. Good luck Tornadoes.

sounds like a personal problem ;)

Im gonna agree on somethings and im gonna disagree on somethings that Alcoa06 said. IMO Reid should have ran the ball at the end of the game non stop to run the clock down. He passed the ball a few times and it cost seconds if not minutes that could have been valuable. Either way COACH REID and HIS players won the game.

Now about the ISS for leaving school. If you think thats all coach reid then you need to open your eyes up lil boy. I saw it when Ironside was there and I along with Michael George was part of it during the Meadows era. If you are gonna put the blame on something like that on someone then you need to put it on the Principals. The funny thing is Every time its happened its been a different principal too. Its happened at Maryville HS too so dont just think its good ol thuggish Alcoa. Athletes get special treatment at every school. If you wanna argue if its right or wrong thats your deal, i wont get into that. The Fact is you cant blame that on Reid. I know 100% its not his fault

I want everyone to know that I was one of the first people to ever complain about Coach Reid. I dont know the man personally but I think of Alcoa Football as the greatest program EVER! Him being hired with a career 5-5 record disgusted me. HOWEVER Reid has done the job he was sent there to do. Hes been to state twice, winning once maybe twice and went to the semi finals the 3rd year. Yes i understand his team is "stacked" but thats Alcoa for you. They will always be good. Maybe not stacked but very very good. Everyone says Reid gets outcoached...Well by who? Last time i checked his only losses in 2 years were to Maryville and there NOBODY on these boards that can tell me that Quarles isnt the BEST coach in all of Tennessee...Watch some maryville games (especially the state game in i believe 2002) Maryville lost to Hillsboro everywhere but on the scoreboard...Why? Because of coaching....Tyner may have played a great game. Turnovers may have hurt them but thats part of the game. They made turnovers cause Alcoa is a well coached team and forces TONS of TOs!

Now bout the game friday i could care less if you are there or not. I support MY team that i bleed for, sweat for, and cried for 100% I dont care if the devil himself comes and plays for us. I bleed Maroon more then any other color! I will be in Boro like i have every other year Alcoa was there and fully supporting them 100% (along with Maryville and Oak Ridge) You wanna come and talk to me go right ahead ill be in all Miami sitting beside a guy in all Alabama and a guy in all Florida and a guy in all Tennessee alongside another guy in all Florida State haha! You can some see how true loyal fans support their teams 100%!!

Goodluck alcoa and beat the team i hate more then anyone!

Alcoa 42

GP 26

Im gonna agree on somethings and im gonna disagree on somethings that Alcoa06 said. IMO Reid should have ran the ball at the end of the game non stop to run the clock down. He passed the ball a few times and it cost seconds if not minutes that could have been valuable. Either way COACH REID and HIS players won the game.

Now about the ISS for leaving school. If you think thats all coach reid then you need to open your eyes up lil boy. I saw it when Ironside was there and I along with Michael George was part of it during the Meadows era. If you are gonna put the blame on something like that on someone then you need to put it on the Principals. The funny thing is Every time its happened its been a different principal too. Its happened at Maryville HS too so dont just think its good ol thuggish Alcoa. Athletes get special treatment at every school. If you wanna argue if its right or wrong thats your deal, i wont get into that. The Fact is you cant blame that on Reid. I know 100% its not his fault

I want everyone to know that I was one of the first people to ever complain about Coach Reid. I dont know the man personally but I think of Alcoa Football as the greatest program EVER! Him being hired with a career 5-5 record disgusted me. HOWEVER Reid has done the job he was sent there to do. Hes been to state twice, winning once maybe twice and went to the semi finals the 3rd year. Yes i understand his team is "stacked" but thats Alcoa for you. They will always be good. Maybe not stacked but very very good. Everyone says Reid gets outcoached...Well by who? Last time i checked his only losses in 2 years were to Maryville and there NOBODY on these boards that can tell me that Quarles isnt the BEST coach in all of Tennessee...Watch some maryville games (especially the state game in i believe 2002) Maryville lost to Hillsboro everywhere but on the scoreboard...Why? Because of coaching....Tyner may have played a great game. Turnovers may have hurt them but thats part of the game. They made turnovers cause Alcoa is a well coached team and forces TONS of TOs!

Now bout the game friday i could care less if you are there or not. I support MY team that i bleed for, sweat for, and cried for 100% I dont care if the devil himself comes and plays for us. I bleed Maroon more then any other color! I will be in Boro like i have every other year Alcoa was there and fully supporting them 100% (along with Maryville and Oak Ridge) You wanna come and talk to me go right ahead ill be in all Miami sitting beside a guy in all Alabama and a guy in all Florida and a guy in all Tennessee alongside another guy in all Florida State haha! You can some see how true loyal fans support their teams 100%!!

Goodluck alcoa and beat the team i hate more then anyone!

Alcoa 42

GP 26

Excellent, excellent post! For a student who supposedly "knows what's going on", he obviously doesn't have a clue as to what discipline really means. Coach Reid makes sure these boys are in study hall from the time the last bell rings until 3:45. If they aren't, they get in trouble. He also has expectations of these boys off of the field; if they don't meet those expectations, there are consequences. I noticed at the Tyner game there wasn't a whole lot of showing off in between plays; the boys seemed to be all business and went straight back to the line. I think Coach Reid realizes these are teenageboys and are allowing them to act as such, but is also teaching them when it's time to act like men and take care of business. Coach Reid is there for parents (even if their kids aren't starters); he returns phone calls in a timely manner and is there to listen to concerns and do what he can do to help. Does he run the team like a military division? No, if you want that, go to a military school. I think Coach Reid is doing a heck of a job. You can have the talented athletes that Alcoa has but still have a losing season if you don't have a coach to pull it together (just ask Phil Fulmer!).

Alcoa06:

Please take this advice from an Alcoa Alum and lifetime supporter of all Alcoa athletics: It is not wise to post things on a forum such as you did on the Goodpasture thread. I'm assuming that you are just young, and don't know what ramifications your words could have. Even if they are not true (which you said they were), they could cause a lot of trouble for people involved. This is one of those things you'll learn by experience and age. You need to learn to keep things "in house", or didn't your momma ever tell you that? I don't know if you just don't like football players or the coach, but keep that to yourself. You need to learn a few things about loyalty to your school. If you have a problem, go to the administration of the school or even the central office, don't air your problems on the net for everyone else to see. That's not necessary. Also, I'm sure some people at Alcoa know who you are; if they see that you're causing problems, do you not think that there will be social consequences for you as well?

My advice, take it or leave it: Keep your problems in house.

I don't know about coach Reid's favoring his players, when I was in his class my senior year, 04', he was harder on the football players and easier on the basketball players like Bigger and Pasqua and some others but that is beside the point. If Alcoa fans are not happy with him that's fine but how are you going complain about his success he came in to a young team that went 3-7 the year before and went 10-4 then next and the state semifinals and last year went 14-1 and a state crown and so far is 13-1 and in the state game again. Sure he has a lot of talent but they had the talent in 02 as well and went 3-7 so coach Reid can't be doing to bad so far, but if your worried wait until next year and see how his team does. tornado74 how are you gonna say a 5-5 record is bad he came from WB, 5-5 there is great, even your hero Meadows best season is 6-5.

Alcoa06 what are you a wrestler I mean cmon no other sport at alcoa is even close to football, basketball is second but a distant second.

Tornado74, not all athletes get special treatment, just the football players. If they get treated that way then all athletes should too. I am just as good as our top tier football players in my sport, but I dont get that special treatment.

Alright dude I don't think if you noticed or not, but Alcoa is known for its athletics being mainly football and basketball. In Alcoa whats more important bro football or lets say soccer....hmm oh man this is hard...its football! Why do you think football players or even basketball players will get better treatment is because we win in those sports. In football we're always deep in the playoffs and in basketball we're in state or substate tournaments. Thats just how it is and thats how it is in all schools with their top sports. You're gonna have to get used to it.