Region 6-2a 2006

Lions4ever

Well after a very eventful and surprising season where this bunch of "misfits"(Adamsville, Camden, Decatur co Riverside, Houston co, Lewis co, Loretta, Richland, Stewart co and Waverly) showed that region 6 would not be a push-over, what should we expect?...who's coming back?...who should we watch out for....?

Let's hear it!

Edited by Lions4ever

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly has thier whole backfield back next year, excpt matt warren, #7. That gives us JT Blue, who put up great numbers last season, Alex Green both at TB. Waverly's QB will aslo be back. We lose our center Maraman, BJ Jewell, but we have Thomas Werfel, Josh May (upcoming sophomores) Ethan Bagget (junior). as far as linebacker goes, im not sure. Brad Mangrum graduates, which makes Jesse Brown (Junior) a probable starter at TE and DE. At WR, Chase Collump who also played CB as a freshman last year will play once again. James Harvey also comes back as a WR and a Safety as a senior. Corey Stephens will probably play Safety also, he also is the backup QB ( who got his first PT asa varsity QB last season) as a junior. Also at WR if needed Michael Grimes should get some PT as a sophomore next year. I guess that rounds it up. If i left anyone im sorry....GO TIGERS!!!

Edited by 15 NWTF 08

Well expect Lewis County to be good once again next year. Most everyone returns from this years team, including some players that didn't get to play due to injuries in the preseason. One another note, its going to be hard to overlook Richland and the season they had this year with there young team. I'm expecting another great year next year in 6-2aa

I believe the raiders will win the reigion next year. Everybody did not believe in us this year but look what happen. They got Pickett coming back next year. They will be real strong in the back field. they might be a little weak in the line. They still got radon and 75. 55 is coming up strong too. He might play a little offence this year. Theh want have Shane Yokley, Josh Young, and Jason Counts for the linemen. They won't have no one like 66 on the sideline. Watch out for 33. He is mean on defence. Rich what!

After a "surprising" year this year, Richland should not be overlooked in '06. Lewis County should also be tough next year. The west teams will be very competitive once againg, but I look for the East to prevail once again. Everyone has some rebuilding to do and it is time for Richland to "Reload".

HOW MANY PLAYERS DOES RICHLAND GET BACK FROM THIS YEAR? I THINK BESIDES 7-2A THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST COMPETITIVE DISTRICTS IN THE STATE. LEWIS COUNTY SHOULD BE THE STRONGEST BY FAR, I DON'T THINK THEY LOST ANYONE WHO STARTED MOST OF THE SEASON

I look for Ward to continue building on his early sucess @ Camden. I am sure those guys are learning the importance of the weight room in the off season. I don't know if I have ever seen camden fans as excited as they have been in the past couple of years. Why? Because they smell a tradition of winning being built. It doesn't happen overnight but the steps seem like they are being taken to put this program on a very solid foundation for a long time. I will pick Camden in 06' :thumb:

I look for Ward to continue building on his early sucess @ Camden. I am sure those guys are learning the importance of the weight room in the off season. I don't know if I have ever seen camden fans as excited as they have been in the past couple of years. Why? Because they smell a tradition of winning being built. It doesn't happen overnight but the steps seem like they are being taken to put this program on a very solid foundation for a long time. I will pick Camden in 06' :thumb:

Camden returns 11 starters next season with some playing both ways. 7 either started on offense or saw significant time and 8 started on defense or saw significant time. The Lions kicking game returns intact with Plant at punter and Chili kicking. The defensive backfield returns all but one and the WR core all return for another season or 2. With Berry @ QB and a seasoned receiving crew, should be a good couple of years through the air. In the backfield Byron Boyd returns to lead the Lion ground game with Moose Horton providing the blocking. McKee and Richardson return at DE, Golden returns to lead the LBs and Lavelle will lead a young but what should be bigger line on O & D. With the off-the-field problems the Lions had toward the end of the season, came alot of experience for some of the younger guys. They really stepped up and had some great post-season games and showed that Camden has alot to look forward to for many seasons to come. Should be another great season in Benton co! :thumb:

Edited by Lions4ever