Mr. Football

extremefury

All three young men were deserving of the award. I guess what leaves a bad taste in our mouth is the number of times a player from Riverdale has won. Not to say they didn't deserve to win.

This award is voted on by the coaches in the whole state. If all of them would vote and send in their ballots it might be different. It seems that a larger group of middle Tenn. coaches send their ballots in, like they should.

Again I'm not bashing anyone just voiceing my oponion.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Gaston Miller on earning the Mr. Football award. I'm sure he'd trade places any day with his runners-up, T.C. Jennings and Spencer Gulmire. That T.C. is amazingly well-rounded. Watch out for his quick tricks on Saturday night. I think the Raptors may prove to be a new "thorn" in Oak Ridge's side.

Congrats to Gaston Miller on earning the Mr. Football award. I'm sure he'd trade places any day with his runners-up, T.C. Jennings and Spencer Gulmire. That T.C. is amazingly well-rounded. Watch out for his quick tricks on Saturday night. I think the Raptors may prove to be a new "thorn" in Oak Ridge's side.

My take is that any of the three were deserving of the award and I am sure there are many Ravenwood fans out there that believe that TC Jennings deserved it as much as Gaston or Spencer.

I think these are the three best in the state. Spencer and Gaston's running styles are different, so comparing them together is like comparing apples to oranges. I think on any given night, any of the three could be the best in the state just depending on how everything shakes out.

I want to add my congratulations to Gaston and to Riverdale. While I am disappointed that Spencer didn't win, I know to him that what happens with the team is more important than individual awards.

My take is that any of the three were deserving of the award and I am sure there are many Ravenwood fans out there that believe that TC Jennings deserved it as much as Gaston or Spencer.

I think these are the three best in the state. Spencer and Gaston's running styles are different, so comparing them together is like comparing apples to oranges. I think on any given night, any of the three could be the best in the state just depending on how everything shakes out.

I want to add my congratulations to Gaston and to Riverdale. While I am disappointed that Spencer didn't win, I know to him that what happens with the team is more important than individual awards.

Yes, after seeing both of them play Spencer is definately more of a power back. He can run right through you without slowing down. Gaston is more of a agile back and can find the holes, make quick cuts, and avoid contact with you by jukin or going around you. Dave Thomas was so good last year because he was a combination of both styles, and could pass the ball when need.

I too would've like to have seen Spencer win. In my opinion, he was the best of the three. However, I am biased. Both Jennings and Miller are very fine players.

Really, they all deserved to win!

I'm kind of glad in a way though that Miller won. It sort of works out: Jennings and Spencer get to go to the Championship and Miller gets the Mr. Football award.... That's not to say that Miller wouldn't rather go to state (I'm sure he WOULD rather go to state), but at least all of them walk away with something, which definitely doesn't usually happen.

Anyway, congrats to Mr. Miller, Mr. 5a Football Back Champ! :thumb:

Edited by Yamba