Mr. Football

extremefury

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well how can you say that.. against your beloved oak ridge team Gaston had like 143 yards on 17 carries while your boy mr gulmire had 103 yards on 19 carries.. so who is the better back?? i mean your guy had more carries and about 40 yards less.. so how can you say gaston was not worthy of the award??

Statistics can be very misleading. Gaston is a great player, but many of his yards against Oak Ridge were meaniongless. On the last play of the first half, he gained at least twenty yards that meant nothing but stats. He had similar gains after the game was 17-0 for Oak Ridge.

However, Spencer shares in some of the credit for the success in the passing game. I don't think Riverdale had 9 men up to stop the fullback trap. Did you also notice that anytime Gaston and Riverdale had something going on offense Spencer would come in, and the drive ended. How did Gaston do on defense, other than getting roasted for a touchdown?

As far as I can tell, it is the best back. If you include defense, it isn't even close.

All that being said, I know Spencer well enough to know that he is playing for the trophy he cares the most about on Saturday.

Go Cats!

Anyone of the 3 were deserving, just tip your hat and say congrats to Gaston Miller for a great season and career. Now the two left standing can enjoy another week of football. Good luck to both teams.

Quit being so nice! :thumb: It confuses me! :lol: Let's hope the similarities to 1991 continue. In 1991, Shawn Summers and Oak Ridge beat Central lead by Todd Helton in the state semi-finals (probably the best HS game I've seen). Todd Helton won Mr. Football the Monday after the game. Oak Ridge beat Gallatin 30-0. I'm sure Spencer could live with history repeating itself. Go CATS!

First of all let me sate the the PLAYOFFS DID NOT COUNT the vote is turned in at the endof the regular season PLAYOFFS MEANT NOTHING

Secondly while i think it is nice when a WARRIOR wins this award i dont know of one yet who while they were working out in the off season was saying im doing this for mr football the kids reall dont care as much as some fo you do and i think gaston showed that by going to his lineman and thanking them already Gaston is a great kid with a lot of heart and i PROMISE you he will give that award to spnecer or TC to swap places with them on saturday night

thirdly unless you watch all 3 (i havent seen TC) play you really cant give an honest answer but of the 2 i did see i will say that they BOTH deserved it neither one did anything to show me that they didnt deserve it so if you are picking 1 over the other it is just because of favortism

and lastly i am soory Spencer or TC didnt win it but please dont bash Gaston FOR winning it

GO WARRIORS

They're all great backs....as a Ravenwood/OR fan.....I think the best back is the 32 kid from Ridgeway....I've watched them all......if this 32 had an OL...he's still something to watch....

Ravencat,

Crawford had an outstanding year (170 ypg., over 2000 yds., 7.8 ypc, 20td's), but he can not do it all by himself. Ridgeway's OL dominated opponents all year averaging over 200 rush yards per game. Don't base your assumptions of Ridgeway's OL by their play in the Ravenwood game. There were a few mental breakdowns during the game and Ravenwood simply outplayed Ridgeway that night. You don't average over 170 ypg individually and over 200 as a team without an OL. I also think Crawford should have been nominated for the award, but if there is any who should be up there over him it is the 3 that were there today.

Ridgeway could realistically have 3 Mr. Football finalists next year in Crawford, Dasmine Cathey (6'4" 215 DE...24 sacks this season with at least one in every game), and reigning kicker of the year Josh Jasper (52 yarder in a game, over 50 touchbacks this season). The Roadrunners will be toguh again in 2006.

First of all let me sate the the PLAYOFFS DID NOT COUNT the vote is turned in at the endof the regular season PLAYOFFS MEANT NOTHING

Secondly while i think it is nice when a WARRIOR wins this award i dont know of one yet who while they were working out in the off season was saying im doing this for mr football the kids reall dont care as much as some fo you do and i think gaston showed that by going to his lineman and thanking them already Gaston is a great kid with a lot of heart and i PROMISE you he will give that award to spnecer or TC to swap places with them on saturday night

thirdly unless you watch all 3 (i havent seen TC) play you really cant give an honest answer but of the 2 i did see i will say that they BOTH deserved it neither one did anything to show me that they didnt deserve it so if you are picking 1 over the other it is just because of favortism

and lastly i am soory Spencer or TC didnt win it but please dont bash Gaston FOR winning it

GO WARRIORS

Good post Riverdaleman. I did not mean to blast Gaston. He is a very talented kid and should have been used more early in the game in my opinion. I was just frustrated that lots of people seem to be quoting just the stats of Friday's game to say Gaston is better than Spencer. This misses a lot of value of the yards gained and ignores the defensive side of the ball.

Either player is deserving, and both are very impressive athletes who showed nothing but class on Friday. Good luck to Gaston and all the Riverdale players in the future.

No one cares what you did in high school when you go to college and no one cares what you did in college when you're in the NFL. Payton Manning didn't win the Heisman and I don't think that matter's much to the undefeated Colts. I mean how many players for U.T. were studs in high school and look at them now. Player awards don't mean squat. All of the players nominated for Mr. Football and many players not nominated will continue playing football. Hopefully all of the seniors will get a different perspective after high school and continue their educations. That's what matter's.

ridge.jpg

Edited by theship

I saw them both and g-man must have done some tall sucking up from what he showed us in OR. He was dominated all night long. Unlike his counter part. I think it was a shame he was beat out of this award. Maybe we should have let SG play deeper into the games to blow up the stats. that seems to work, nobody believes in sportsmanship anymore

I only saw Spencer play once but I noticed he also played defense. Did Gaston Miller play defense?

I only saw Spencer play once but I noticed he also played defense. Did Gaston Miller play defense?

Gaston played some DB against Oak Ridge. He played some corner after #14 (I think that was the number) got run over by Spencer and sat out a few plays. He fell and was beaten for Oak Ridge's second touchdown. I'm sure he had many better days on defense during the season.

Oak Ridge reserved Spencer for defense whenever Riverdale crossed the 50 yard line, and he had a large impact during that time.

They're all great backs....as a Ravenwood/OR fan.....I think the best back is the 32 kid from Ridgeway....I've watched them all......if this 32 had an OL...he's still something to watch....

he didn't get over 2100 yards without an offensive line...i will agree with you the game you saw was definitely not the best game the o-line had all year but Aaron would be the first to tell you his line did a great job for him throughout the season.

Quit being so nice! :huh: It confuses me! :thumb: Let's hope the similarities to 1991 continue. In 1991, Shawn Summers and Oak Ridge beat Central lead by Todd Helton in the state semi-finals (probably the best HS game I've seen). Todd Helton won Mr. Football the Monday after the game. Oak Ridge beat Gallatin 30-0. I'm sure Spencer could live with history repeating itself. Go CATS!

You hit it on the dot! And that was the best HS game ever, I still talk about it!!!

Roll Wildcats!!

Quit being so nice! :huh: It confuses me! :thumb: Let's hope the similarities to 1991 continue. In 1991, Shawn Summers and Oak Ridge beat Central lead by Todd Helton in the state semi-finals (probably the best HS game I've seen). Todd Helton won Mr. Football the Monday after the game. Oak Ridge beat Gallatin 30-0. I'm sure Spencer could live with history repeating itself. Go CATS!

You hit it on the dot! And that was the best HS game ever, I still talk about it!!!

Roll Wildcats!!