Rutherford County Duals

CoachGonyeaSHS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one is posting any results. who wrestled in the finals? It does not seem like it was a bracket, just everyone wrestled everyone.

It was just that...a pool of 6 teams. The team with the best record overall wins.

Smyrna went 5-0

Lavergne went 3-2

Oakland went 3-2

Riverdale went 2-3

Blackman went 2-3

siegel went 0-5

That's how it all went

no one is posting any results. who wrestled in the finals? It does not seem like it was a bracket, just everyone wrestled everyone.

It was just that...a pool of 6 teams. The team with the best record overall wins.

Smyrna went 5-0

Lavergne went 3-2

Oakland went 3-2

Riverdale went 2-3

Blackman went 2-3

siegel went 0-5

That's how it all went

How about posting some match results between Smyrna and Lavergne???

I have no info on me on this one, but I'll try to recollect some key matcups:

103 - Smy 6 pt's

112 - " 3-6 pt's

119 - LV "

125 - Smy 9 sec. pin (Amazing)

130 - Smy 45 sec pin.

140 -Lv Dec.

145 - Smy dec. (Close one)

152 - Lv on inj.

160 - Smy 18-1 (I'll never foget this one -similar to last year's pivotal match, but obviously not too pivotal this time as it turns out. I may be getting matches mixed up. Was it Oakland or LaVergne? Anyway, good wrestlers at both schools)

171 - Smy dec.

189 - Smy pin

215 - LV - 13 sec. pin

275 - Smy dec. (one of the most fierce battles I can remember)

Please corect me on any errors here guys. This is always a big rivalry :D

By the way,,, Blackman has a very talented Freshman 160-171 pounder. I think his name is Patton. Watch out for him as he continues to sharpen his skills and abilities. I bet he'll be 189 next season. He's just a baby right now and challenging the strongest.

Edited by Sommers

103 - Smy 6 pt's

112 - " 3-6 pt's

119 - LV "

130 - Smy 45 sec pin.

140 -Lv Dec.

152 - Lv on inj.

160 - Smy 18-1 (I'll never foget this one -similar to last year's pivotal match, but obviously not too pivotal this time as it turns out. I may be getting matches mixed up. Was it Oakland or LaVergne? Anyway, good wrestlers at both schools)

171 - Smy dec.

189 - Smy pin

215 - LV - 13 sec. pin

Please corect me on any errors here guys. This is always a big rivalry :thumb:

By the way,,, Blackman has a very talented Freshman 160-171 pounder. I think his name is Patton. Watch out for him as he continues to sharpen his skills and abilities. I bet he'll be 189 next season. He's just a baby right now and challenging the strongest.

The 112 match was 6 points-Smyrna, 152-6 points lavergne pin, and the 160 Smyrnas kid pinned the Lavergne kid who was a former martial arts student of mine. He was overmatched and pinned quickly by Spencer Sommers. I believe the 18-1 match your speaking of at 160 was against Oakland and it was a tough match physically but became a pin I think in the 3rd period.

The 112 match was 6 points-Smyrna, 152-6 points lavergne pin, and the 160 Smyrnas kid pinned the Lavergne kid who was a former martial arts student of mine. He was overmatched and pinned quickly by Spencer Sommers. I believe the 18-1 match your speaking of at 160 was against Oakland and it was a tough match physically but became a pin I think in the 3rd period.

Thanks Brad! I wonder what weights we'll end up with a few out tongiht against Leb/Wilson Cen.? Should be interesting.

the 152 match did go to lavergne on injury default. the lavergne kid was bleeding from an illegal contact from the smyrna kid and ran out of blood/injury time in the 2nd. i think the score was 4-1 smyrna up at the time (but may have it backwards lavergne might have been up).

the gym was definately rockin' during the 275 match.

103 - Smy 6 pt's

112 - " 3-6 pt's

119 - LV "

130 - Smy 45 sec pin.

140 -Lv Dec.

152 - Lv on inj.

171 - Smy dec.

189 - Smy pin

215 - LV - 13 sec. pin

Please corect me on any errors here guys. This is always a big rivalry :thumb:

hello sommers...i think i met you at the tournament on saturday...i finally got on this coach t that i have been hearing so much about...now i can keep up

thank you for the kind words about josh...he also had a bad back spasam and we had to pull him out early...before the last two matches...trying to get him ready for friday and saturday

your son looked great as well...looking forward to keeping up with him

103 - Smy 6 pt's

112 - " 3-6 pt's

119 - LV "

130 - Smy 45 sec pin.

140 -Lv Dec.

152 - Lv on inj.

171 - Smy dec.

189 - Smy pin

215 - LV - 13 sec. pin

Please corect me on any errors here guys. This is always a big rivalry :huh:

Hey Sommers, you left off the 135 lb. from Smyrna. He had some great takedowns durin his match against Lavergne. He wounded up puttin the Lavergne kid on his back and pinnin him, and yea that gym was rockin when that heavyweight match-up w/ Smyrna and Lavergne was goin on.

Hey Sommers, you left off the 135 lb. from Smyrna. He had some great takedowns durin his match against Lavergne. He wounded up puttin the Lavergne kid on his back and pinnin him, and yea that gym was rockin when that heavyweight match-up w/ Smyrna and Lavergne was goin on.

Good catch. I had to look twice to make sure it was the same 135 as earlier in the day. I was impressed!! <_<