Oneida vs. Wartburg

youdontknowme

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my Opionion with DJ out when it is not off a fast break Wartburg needs to get Jason Melton (SR. Post) a few more touches. If Jason is getting the ball he usually finishes. Give the ball to Melton, and not just because he is the man but cause he can play and will be able to open up things all around the floor for shannon and nelson and jenkins and all the other dawgs. Good luck Dawgs. PS With Shannon out It should be interesting to see how this will effect Coach Layne's subbing.

I remember the good ole' days when there would be 20 replies to a topic like this by now. There has to be more Oneida and Wartburg fans out there.

I really hate to hear that Shannon tore up his knee. The kid could play and was a very big part of Wartburgs offense. They still have alot of talent but he will greatly be missed.

Phillip2003, I really don't think it will be a blowout, but I may be wrong. Oneida can get alot fom this game win or lose as long as they can keep it close. Don't get me wrong I want them to win but Wartburg is very talented and as long as they can keep it close it should really give Oneida some confidence going into the rest of the district schedule.

Remember 1st and 2nd in the district this year automatically make the region. ;)

Wartburg has the edge. They were very good last year, and they remain virtually intact from a season ago. The loss of Shannon will have some effect on the Bulldogs, but I still think their personnel is strong enough to hold the Indians at bay. Oneida is improving, they are just not where they want to be YET. You can see evidence that they are gaining confidence, even in losses, by the way they return to the next game. That "determination" will serve them well, if they stay the course, later in the season. Home court will keep the Bulldogs Ship steady, but it will be interesting til the fourth.

Wartburg 67

Oneida 60

;) Kaz ;)

Wartburg has the edge. They were very good last year, and they remain virtually intact from a season ago. The loss of Shannon will have some effect on the Bulldogs, but I still think their personnel is strong enough to hold the Indians at bay. Oneida is improving, they are just not where they want to be YET. You can see evidence that they are gaining confidence, even in losses, by the way they return to the next game. That "determination" will serve them well, if they stay the course, later in the season. Home court will keep the Bulldogs Ship steady, but it will be interesting til the fourth.

Wartburg 67

Oneida 60

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

I will have to disagee with you on that Wartburg is vitually intact they have lost 3 starters from last year and DJ this year I think Wartburg will still be just fine with out him but it wil hurt I think it go's to show just what kind of coach we have in Joe Layne We lost 3 players from last year and one this year and I think we are still the front runner to win the district again this year and to make a run at state it will take hard work and some players steping up but I think we can do it I think its funny that wartburg is vitually unnone for basketball but we have won the district 4out of the last 7 years 1999,2001,2003,2005,GO DAWGS :thumb:

looking at those records, tradition goes to say that Wartburg will not win it this year....... but that's only tradition. I feel they should. But you're right, this goes to show just how good Joe Layne is, but this season hasn't been played out yet. Almost anything can happen. Expectations are a funny thing, sometimes you live up to them, and then sometimes you don't... :lol:

I was referring to the teams central personnel.(Melton and the Shannon Brothers) Everyone else, around those three, does an excellent job of filling in the loose spots. This in turn makes them a very good team. With DJ out, it certainly makes the Bulldogs more likely to suffer a few rough nights. Oneida needs for them to be a little off their game tonight in order to get a road win because, although they are playing hard, Wartburg still has excellent basketball players that work well in Coach Layne's system.

:unsure: Kaz :ph34r:

I was referring to the teams central personnel.(Melton and the Shannon Brothers) Everyone else, around those three, does an excellent job of filling in the loose spots. This in turn makes them a very good team. With DJ out, it certainly makes the Bulldogs more likely to suffer a few rough nights. Oneida needs for them to be a little off their game tonight in order to get a road win because, although they are playing hard, Wartburg still has excellent basketball players that work well in Coach Layne's system.

I will have to disagee with you on that Wartburg is vitually intact they have lost 3 starters from last year and DJ this year I think Wartburg will still be just fine with out him but it wil hurt I think it go's to show just what kind of coach we have in Joe Layne We lost 3 players from last year and one this year and I think we are still the front runner to win the district again this year and to make a run at state it will take hard work and some players steping up but I think we can do it I think its funny that wartburg is vitually unnone for basketball but we have won the district 4out of the last 7 years 1999,2001,2003,2005,GO DAWGS :thumb:

You need to set back and really think about what you are saying my friend. Dogs ok without lil Shannon. I agree that the dogs are still a really good team but with the absence of Shannon it is going to hurt the dogs in several ways. It always does when you lose somebody that averages an easy 17 points a game. The dogs will win tonight but it will be a little tougher now without lil Shannon brother out on the court with us. Don't worry lil bro we win tonight not only because we can but because we want to get this WIN for you. I LOVE YOU lil bro, you always be with me out on the court even if you are not really there!!!!!!!!!!