DL vs LA

DLHSFAN1

Please post what you think are the keys to the game for each team.

We all know about Elrod and Cates, as well as Binkley. I am looking for the little things that will help each team. Here are some of mine from the Lipscomb side, not that I am predicting a win but things that I think would lead to a Lipscomb win.

1.) Defensive Line - Will they continue to be disruptive and allow Binkley, Binkley and Lehning to make plays.

2.) Field Position - I have been amazed all year how Lipscomb has one this battle.

3.) Time Management - DL has eaten up the clock on drives at the same time has not allowed many big play from their opponents.

These are some of the "little things" that will determine the game.

LA fans or fans of teams that have seen these team play. List your keys to the game.

Finally, please no insults or personal attacks. There is a thread full of those and I would like to know more about LA and talk some football

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post what you think are the keys to the game for each team.

We all know about Elrod and Cates, as well as Binkley. I am looking for the little things that will help each team. Here are some of mine from the Lipscomb side, not that I am predicting a win but things that I think would lead to a Lipscomb win.

1.) Defensive Line - Will they continue to be disruptive and allow Binkley, Binkley and Lehning to make plays.

2.) Field Position - I have been amazed all year how Lipscomb has one this battle.

3.) Time Management - DL has eaten up the clock on drives at the same time has not allowed many big play from their opponents.

These are some of the "little things" that will determine the game.

LA fans or fans of teams that have seen these team play. List your keys to the game.

Finally, please no insults or personal attacks. There is a thread full of those and I would like to know more about LA and talk some football

Nobody has really come close to stopping LA's offense in the last two years. The only time they have had trouble...is when they turn the ball over. If they take care of the ball...I don't see DL stopping them either. They are very physical on offense. Cates is difficult to defend. Their runningbacks run hard also.

Nobody has really come close to stopping LA's offense in the last two years. The only time they have had trouble...is when they turn the ball over. If they take care of the ball...I don't see DL stopping them either. They are very physical on offense. Cates is difficult to defend. Their runningbacks run hard also.

Agree Twan ...I think our o and d line have to control the line of scrimmage in order for us to have a chance. If that happens then Cates and Co. well you know you have seen them the last few years.

the keys to DL to shutdown LA will be to stop cates thats #1 if u want a chance u must stop cates he should be mr.football #2 u will have get past a very good and ready defence and lastly u will have to overcome the noise from the LA croud good luck to both teams GO LA

Having seen the ND game:

I know nothing about DL's offense, but LA gave up all kinds of big plays to ND. Never really stopped them. ND turnovers did that. Not slamming LA, just stating facts. Not sure DL has anyone like Carthorn - who does? If DL can throw, as well as run, and scores on each drive while eating up the clock, they will win.

LA's offense is physical enough, disciplined and opportunistic. Cates is not only fast and elusive, he's patient and smart. Seems to play the first half like a fighter feeling his opponent out.

If the game is close late, my money is on him to win it for LA. They did a good job of finding ND's weaknesses and exploiting them late. Just when you come up to cover the run, they are smart enough to throw.

LA's kicking game was not good last Friday and that too could be a key.

Who are you a coach or something :rolleyes: You will see soon enough who you should watch. He might have a #8 on his jersey.

No, I am not a coach. I figure they have already seen all the tapes and know what to expect. I like football and wanted to know something about some of the other players as I placed in my earlier post.

Please do not turn the thread into the other. I know I'll see Saturday. I think this game will be the best of the weekend.

You really need to watch the whole LA offencive line thats what they are good at is dominating you they lock on to there blocks and dont stop till the whistle blows and defencivly watch out for LBs #22 and #56 and #29

You are correct about locking on. If that is called on Saturday, it will make a difference. Wasn't called Friday as it was clear the refs had decided to let them play.

Before anyone says I'm whining, I'm not. It's part of the game.

If DL's coaches can get to the refs early to look out for the holding on the corners, they might get the calls. If not, it opens the field up considerably for LA's game.

are you trying to say that locking on to a player having your hands on the #s driving them back is holding? no i dont think so thats y LAs oline is so good they have speed and size through the whole line and best of al everyone of them use there hands not like alot of linemen you will see that block witht here forearm of shoulderpads and THAT IS NOT HOLDING