Livingston Academy vs. David Lipscomb

The General

Now that game day is drawing near, I thought we needed a new thread to actually talk about the game on. The fans can have their war on the other one.

What is the weather going to be like Saturday? What kind of factor will the weather play and which team do you think it will benefit?

Please keep it simple and save the trash talk for the other thread.

I say LA-35 DL-28

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that game day is drawing near, I thought we needed a new thread to actually talk about the game on. The fans can have their war on the other one.

What is the weather going to be like Saturday? What kind of factor will the weather play and which team do you think it will benefit?

Please keep it simple and save the trash talk for the other thread.

I say LA-35 DL-28

The forecast is for intermittent thundershowers--chance of rain: 50%. As to

who this favors, a wet field tends to affect option plays and passes into the middle of the field. The Wing-T attack can also be affected because of the nature of the handoffs in the Wing-T system. A wet artificial turf is not as bad as a wet grass field (unless it gets to be very wet). On the rug, there is slipping on cuts, but no loss of the turf in chunks as the game progresses. A common strategy for a wet field is to try to score early (before conditions deteriorate) and then rely on the

defense. I would say tomorrow's predicted conditions favor the team which has the best front 7 on defense.

First of all, thanks for the new posting, the other one was for the most part not

worthy of these two fine teams, their coaches or fans.

Congratulations to both teams on making it to the "Boro" in what may be the best game of the weekend!

I already have my rain gear out, and plan to be at the game.

I have seen DL play, but have not had the opportunity to see LA and Mr Cates.

As for Lipscomb-

Elrod, is for the most part a North. South runner- taking advantage of the quick opening holes provided by his O line, he has good speed in the open field and will

just as often make a move/ lower his head and make a hit on a defender when he gets to the 2nd level.

Binkley is a force at Linebacker for Lipscomb.

I know both teams have scouted each other and watched game film, (so I don't think there will be any secerts given away on this board).

As a high school football fan, what can we expect to see from Cates? I know he has put up some very impressive numbers and it seems he has put a couple of games on his shoulders and finished the deal! Is LA running options out of the wishbone to get him around the corner?

All the best to both teams and their fans, have safe travels, lay it on the line- and let's see a great game- played with heart and sportsmanship on both sides!

Cats, now today is the DAY that you have to shine like no other...you winning this gold ball will make all the LA Fans as well as the the Student Body very proud members of this school and for the fans that followed the games...it will be a great honor to have followed this team..You've came a long ways..dont let them intimidate you..just because we are the so called "underdogs" we've still made it this far and today isnt about who has played better in the past...todays biggest factor is WHO WANTS IT MORE!..and LA i believe us making it this far, being the first ever...should give us the want to pull it out...Good Luck today and just dont forget to keep your head in the game...and defense if we get ahead...dont stop playin ...LA's GONNA PULL THIS GAME OUT WITH A WIN!!