Great Job Stevens and staff

bombsaway

Gameball,

Ravenwwod was more prepared and had a better game plan in my opinion and on the night the game was played was obviously the better team. Congratualtions to their entire team, coaches and fans. What a great season and great job!

I agree with most of what else you posted. We defended the pass while they ran and we ran up the middle while they stacked it up. I think we were just caught up in the moment. The coaching staff didn't appear to be prepared or that they had a good game plan and they sure didn't react well when whatever they thought they were doing wasn't working. I think they were paralized by the surprise they got and never calmed down enough to adjust.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(gameball @ Dec 5 2005 - 01:05 PM)

LEt me two my two cents in here, without reading the post for the last 21 pages.

I had the chance to watch OAk Ridge and Ravenwood during the year. The difference Sat Night was OAk Ridges Coaches were Outclassed and outcoached. The CURRENT Coaches of Ravenwood not the previous, but the current coaches stopped Guilmire and that stopped Oak Ridge. Ravenwood beat them upfront and the coaches convinced them they could beat OAk Ridge and they did. I am not a Ravenwood fan nor an OAk Ridge one, But I rooted for OAk Ridge.

The atheletes were close in talent, the teams were close in talent and maybe Oak Ridge had the edge( they did on paper anyway) but Ravenwood believed and executed a plan that Oak Ridge Never caught up on.

DId OAk Ridge look past Ravenwood, maybe, that game Friday night in Oak Ridge was a boomer and afterwards the feeling in Oak Ridge was noone could get in the way this year.

Spencer Guilmires greatest strength was speed, yet the Oak Ridge coaches kept running him up the middle???? PLay the game again and maybe OAk Ridge wins but Sat Night when it mattered The players, Fans and Coaches of Ravenwood earned and own the State Championship.

I think maybe not having a plan for a plan. If they do this then we will do this??????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the replay of the game the other night & after halftime he was interviewed & Coach Stanton called out his line & also said they were not tackling well. I agree with those two comments but he should have added that he & his coaching staff was getting outcoached. It looked like he was not wanting to take any responsibility for them getting beat. I have heard many interviews of coaches saying they were getting outcoached & that would have been a perfect opportunity for coach Stanton to gain some respect from unbiased fans. I lost a little respect for the man when he didnt shoulder any of the blame. Just my opinion. I am sure he is a great man. He is a great young coach but I think he needs to learn how to shoulder some blame when need be instead of blaming players all of the time.

As you can see, I am a new poster. I am a longtime Oak Ridge football fan. From my understanding of the post topic, it was created to congratulate the coaches and the team. The majority of you are bashing the coaches and team. Of course that is your right to say whatever you please. What some of you are saying may be true. But right now they need some love. It is easy to be a monday morning quarterback. The team and coaches worked hard all season and need to be congratulated on an amazing year. I only missed one game this season. I had fun attending the games and enjoyed every minute.

I am disappointed that they lost, just like everybody else. Sure, they know that if they would have done this or that, perhaps they could have won. The Coach stated the facts when he was being interviewed. When he needs to take responsibility he does. He took responsibility by changing the game plan at half time.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Stevens, he is a great coach and fine young man. Just by taking his team to the state for the first time in fourteen years is amazing. OK, so they fell apart and could not get the goldball. In my book Maryvill is the top team in the state, but I remember one year they went to the state and did not win.

I have a feeling that Oak Ridge will get back another day and win.

Thank you Coach Stevens for an exciting football season. Keep up the good work!

I am proud of our first year coach, the coaching staff and team, for even making it to the state.

They need some love right now.

Old,

They had a good year and the players worked hard and should be commended. The fact remains we were miserably outcoached in the last game. All the posters on here that talked about how great we were compared to last year with the same players are now hiding. We didn't have a game plan on offense or defense that was sound and we couldn't adjust during the game. I even called the fake punt with 2:00 to go from my seat. We scored many more points last year with the same players (a year younger and less experienced) against the same teams (but not as good as last years Riverdale team) and all we heard was how we were much better beacuse of the new coaches. They did good with great talent, the jury is out to see how they do next year following a lot of graduations.

Ole Dad

As you can see, I am a new poster. I am a longtime Oak Ridge football fan. From my understanding of the post topic, it was created to congratulate the coaches and the team. The majority of you are bashing the coaches and team. Of course that is your right to say whatever you please. What some of you are saying may be true. But right now they need some love. It is easy to be a monday morning quarterback. The team and coaches worked hard all season and need to be congratulated on an amazing year. I only missed one game this season. I had fun attending the games and enjoyed every minute.

I am disappointed that they lost, just like everybody else. Sure, they know that if they would have done this or that, perhaps they could have won. The Coach stated the facts when he was being interviewed. When he needs to take responsibility he does. He took responsibility by changing the game plan at half time.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Stevens, he is a great coach and fine young man. Just by taking his team to the state for the first time in fourteen years is amazing. OK, so they fell apart and could not get the goldball. In my book Maryvill is the top team in the state, but I remember one year they went to the state and did not win.

I have a feeling that Oak Ridge will get back another day and win.

Thank you Coach Stevens for an exciting football season. Keep up the good work!

I am proud of our first year coach, the coaching staff and team, for even making it to the state.

They need some love right now.

I am really not concerned about who got out coached, or how many points were scored last season.

Congratulations Coach Stevens. We Oak Ridgers are proud of you, your staff and team. You all worked hard all season. You really took us for a fun ride this year. The first time that we have gone to the state in 14 years. It is amazing that you did this in your first year as OR head coach.

Thank you Coaches. Thank you Players.

Old,

That's make a lot of sense. Coaches get paid to coach, so getting outcoached is relevant. Scoring points is currently how the score is kept. Oh, you must be one of those parents who advocates giving out 9th place trophies at the track meet so everyone feels good and little Johnny doesn't get his feelings hurt. They had a great year but they also had the most talent in the state, and the talent was already here when the new coaches arrived.

Ole Dad

I am really not concerned about who got out coached, or how many points were scored last season.

Congratulations Coach Stevens. We Oak Ridgers are proud of you, your staff and team. You all worked hard all season. You really took us for a fun ride this year. The first time that we have gone to the state in 14 years. It is amazing that you did this in your first year as OR head coach.

Thank you Coaches. Thank you Players.

They had a good year and the players worked hard and should be commended. The fact remains we were miserably outcoached in the last game. All the posters on here that talked about how great we were compared to last year with the same players are now hiding. We didn't have a game plan on offense or defense that was sound and we couldn't adjust during the game. I even called the fake punt with 2:00 to go from my seat. We scored many more points last year with the same players (a year younger and less experienced) against the same teams (but not as good as last years Riverdale team) and all we heard was how we were much better beacuse of the new coaches. They did good with great talent, the jury is out to see how they do next year following a lot of graduations.

Old Dad,

first, you can talk about this and that, you can even tell us how you predicted a fake punt from you seat, but the key to your point is, you did it from your seat. Until you start coaching then that's all you will be, another arm chair quarterback.

Second, if you want to compare teams let's talk about the last 14 years when Oak Ridge didn't make the state. Great teams, great athletes, so tell me what was missing? Could it be the coach.

I agree that the jury is still out, but as far as I'm concerned coach Stevens and his staff did a great job this year, and can do without you arm chair quaterbacks who, don't coach anything, but know everthing. I take that back you may coach, you may have applied, but I doubt it.

Go Cats, can't wait until next year.

Edited by extremefury