Hoopfest tourney

Stewie1

i was just wondering if anyone could provide some good info regarding the games this weekend. I know there was a lot of good talent there and was wondering how TN's team matched-up and performed in their matchups. Also maybe talk about some of the big stud player's performances against some of the other good talent. I did see the Bolivar score where it seemed they played a tough game.

Recaps from what I saw:

Union City: Didn't make any shot but played fearless. Their speed and quickness will be tough to handle in Class A. I do favor Middleton to repeat though.

Bolivar: There is no doubt that overall, they are a little down due to depth right now, BUT when you have Kemp and Chism you are NEVER out of a game and they proved that again Saturday night. Rhodes played well but stayed in foul trouble. A great game to watch. I thought Willie was going to make another 3 at the buzzer for the win. They will be ready in Febuary, count on it. The guard from ACD was the real deal but the big guy looked slow and weak, two things he can work on.

Ridgeway: A solid, athletic club who played better basketball players. The kid going to Duke had 36 and showed why he is going there.

Mitchell: When you come out running around the gym with your #1 finger held up in the air, I have to hope you get beat. Young and the kid going to Florida (Powell?) can play.

Oak Hill got bailed out by the officials on Saturday night. Canton McKinley out of Ohio did what they were supposed to do to win the game. When it got close, Oak Hill got all of the calls and no calls. Oak Hill is good and big. They left two of their best players at home and still looked impressive. The two juniors played well.

Brentwood was so much more athletic than S. Laurel Kentucky, it was not funny. S. Laurel, the defending KY state champs, stayed with BA for a little while until Mr. Wright and the other Mr. Wright, his brother I think?, decided to put on a show for Carolina coach Roy Williams who was there. BA will win D2 again.

That's about it.