Columbia vs Coffee Co.

ladynred

New Mexico!? I didn't think they had a basketball anywhere near there. What is his system? Looked like mass confusion last year and 4 of them confused girls left. I know Woo and Woo don't know systems... don't be too confident them lassies from Ctown do know game even without my girl.

A quick paced run and gun system....one that don't let you catch the breath ever...He had trouble with it with the players last year because they played under a different system and he tried to change his style to fit his players. Well now he finally has the players that he wants and they fit his style perfectly....They are playing great basketball....it's a shame your girl got recruited away from C-town...so how much money did they offer you?...or just a nice job?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She is not really my girl I work with her at the cigar stand in the movie theater on Saturday nights when they do that 2 for 1 thing. She run the smoothie machine. I think she been sippin on too many of them smoothies and that why she movin kinda slow. Sound like the system will fit right into Columbia's hands they kinda like that quick movin stuff. I got to go my dr. appointment is sooner that I thought and beside that if my son come home and catch me on his computer he'll hide my pickles and take the remote away. Ya'll bee sweet!

A quick paced run and gun system....one that don't let you catch the breath ever...He had trouble with it with the players last year because they played under a different system and he tried to change his style to fit his players. Well now he finally has the players that he wants and they fit his style perfectly....They are playing great basketball....it's a shame your girl got recruited away from C-town...so how much money did they offer you?...or just a nice job?

Pedo29 lets get the record straight, he DID NOT try to change his system to fit last year's players. They did what they were told. You need to remember other schools lost players to graduation the level of competition is not the same each year from high school to high school. Schools that were strong last year are not necessarily strong this year, they could be much weaker! Let the season move forward and we will see how well the system and this year's talent is working together.

Pedo29 lets get the record straight, he DID NOT try to change his system to fit last year's players. They did what they were told. You need to remember other schools lost players to graduation the level of competition is not the same each year from high school to high school. Schools that were strong last year are not necessarily strong this year, they could be much weaker! Let the season move forward and we will see how well the system and this year's talent is working together.

You just made no sense at all.......he had to alter the system a little bit to fit the players he had.....I'm not knocking the players that he had at all.......two 1500 point scorers in Carden and Grose is hard to replace...Those were two great basketball players. However, they didn't fit the system as well as the players on this years team do. They are small...and very fast. The only problem is they are young and will make inexperienced mistakes from time to time. I'm very aware of how the system and this year's talent is working together....I've been to every game this year, covering several on the Radio and writing about all of them in the Manchester Times. This years bunch is very talented and they fit Coach Scroggins system perfectly. Just ask him....he will tell you that he had great players last year but the players he has this year just fit the system better. Good luck tonight Lady Raiders

How many games did you cover last year? I was always told a good coach changes/adapts his system to the players he has not the other way. Personally, I hope the girls do well, I am pulling for them.

I was at every game last yer with the exception of a select few. Yes, a good coach does change his system to the players he has. That is what he did last year, I was not saying that was a bad thing. I'm saying that he has the players this year to fit his system perfectly and it's the first time we have seen his system the way he wants it without changing it any at all. There is nothing wrong with altering what you do to fit your players, but this year it is purely his system and it is working wonders. Those girls are playing great basketball....I was not taking away from last year's team if that's what it sounded like then i'm sorry....that was not my intention at all. I think you just read it wrong.

I was at every game last yer with the exception of a select few. Yes, a good coach does change his system to the players he has. That is what he did last year, I was not saying that was a bad thing. I'm saying that he has the players this year to fit his system perfectly and it's the first time we have seen his system the way he wants it without changing it any at all. There is nothing wrong with altering what you do to fit your players, but this year it is purely his system and it is working wonders. Those girls are playing great basketball....I was not taking away from last year's team if that's what it sounded like then i'm sorry....that was not my intention at all. I think you just read it wrong.

No apology necessary, but if you think this year's Lincoln Co. team is anywhere in the class of their team last year. then you must have missed those two games. Yes, the girls are playing well, and I am truly proud of them. I will be convinced the system is working perfectly in a few more games. I did a quick check of the schedule, wins, losses of this years opponents and Lincoln Co. is the only team so far that CC has played that has a wining record. That was Lincloln Co. at 5 and 3. So before we put the "SYSTEM" up too high on a pedestal let's just let the season play out.

Edited by bear1

Don't blame anything on the refs.....i hear to much of that, if you lost you lost. That's the way it is! There was no home cooking in that game at all, nor was their any in the boys game. Referees do make bad calls...especially at the high school level because let's face it, if they were perfect they would prolly be callin college or pro ball. People think that their should be more training, but that's never gonna happen because they don't make enough money to go through any training. Just forget about the refs and handle the game on the court.

Don't blame anything on the refs.....i hear to much of that, if you lost you lost. That's the way it is! There was no home cooking in that game at all, nor was their any in the boys game. Referees do make bad calls...especially at the high school level because let's face it, if they were perfect they would prolly be callin college or pro ball. People think that their should be more training, but that's never gonna happen because they don't make enough money to go through any training. Just forget about the refs and handle the game on the court.

[/quote

Don't blame it on the refs...lol...cc folks are famous for blaming it on the refs.