Aljanise Ewing - 4 pts (2 of 3 FTs), 9 rebs

Monica Coleman - 4 pts, 3 rebs, 1 asst

Omega Garrett - 1 pts (1 of 4 FTs), 2 rebs, 1 asst

Jenny Brewer - 1 reb, 1 asst

Akoya Nelson - 2 rebs

Tiffany Wall - 1 reb

Nikita Hightower - 0 of 1 FTs, 1 reb, 1 asst

Team Stats:

Free Throws: Lewis Co. 17 of 30 (56.7%), Giles Co. 6 of 15 (40.0%)

Rebounds: Lewis Co. 45, Giles Co. 45

Assists: Lewis Co. 11, Giles Co. 6

Fouls: Lewis Co. 19, Giles Co. 24

Turnovers: Lewis Co. 30, Giles Co. 29

It was a wild game that could have gone either way as both teams had opportunities to win. In the 1st qtr, Giles' Young had 10 pts and Lewellyn hit a three while Lewis' Anderson, McKinney, Duncan, and Bryant each had 2 as Giles led 13-8. Lewis came back in the 2nd qtr to tie the game at the half 23 all as Anderson had 5, Beasley had 3, Tibbs, Bryant, and McKinney each had 2, and Hudgins added a FT while Giles' H. Garrett had 5 with a three, Lewellyn hit another 3, and Young added 2. In the 3rd qtr, Giles outscored Lewis, 10-6, as Lewellyn had 5 with a three, Ewing and Coleman had 2 each, and O. Garrett hit a FT while Lewis' Scott had 4 and Anderson 2 as Giles led 33-29 after 3 qtrs. In the 4th qtr, Lewis outscored Giles, 10-6, as Tibbs had 5 with a three, Bryant and Hudgins had 2 each, Scott added a FT while Giles' H. Garrett, Davidson, and Coleman each had 2 as the regulation game ended in a tie at 39 all. In the 1st OT, both teams had 4 pts as Lewis' McKinney had all 4 pts and Giles' Ewing and Davidson had 2 each as the period ended at 43-43. In the 2nd OT, Lewis' Duncan had 4 and Tibbs and Scott had 2 each while Giles' Lewellyn had 4 and Young and Davidson had 2 each as the 2nd OT ended at 51-51. In the 3rd OT, Lewis' Tibbs hit 4 FT's and McKinney hit 1 FT while Giles' could only score 1 pt on a FT by Young as Lewis won the game, 56-52.

Edited by PageMan

I have made some corrections to the original post after entering the data into my spreadsheet for this game. I have added Giles' player Nikita Hightower and also adjusted rebound and assist team totals. I'm sure I missed some stats during the game and my totals are unofficial.

I was impressed with the play of Lewis' younger players, particularly Taylor McKinney. Coach Helton is a good coach who will develope this team as the season goes on. With wins over Marshall and Giles in the district so far, I would say they are off to a good start. Their next district opponent is Spring Hill on Fri., Dec. 16 before the Christmas break and we'll see how they do.