how bout them cosby eagles

cosbyeagle40

I may be wrong but I believe this thread was started for people and fans in the community to talk about their #1 ranked Cosby Eagles not argue with CCHS fans about who is better. Listen it doesn't matter who would win a game between Cosby and CCHS and if they played it would be an ugly game on the floor and in the stands because of years of feelings about each other and why one kid goes to one school and not another. Of course I am going to be biased to Cosby but unlike CCHS fans sittin in Newport hoping Cosby looses every game they play in every sport I wish the best for CCHS since because of classification they can't stand in cosbys way no matter what. True Cosby gets a few athletes from the newport area every year but for years CCHS got athletes from Cosby to play Football. Great game last night EAGLES Midway tried to force you to play slowdown boring chump league ball and you just poured it on with a total team effort. Blakely played his usual dominate game in the post with one huge put back SLAM!! Manning played great on both sides of the ball and Rone turned in the best defensive performance I've seen him play all year. J. Lowe you da man coming off the bench to add the spark your team needed at the right time. Keep working hard and have faith in your teammates and this will be a special season.

Sorry old24eagle, but I had had enough of his mouth. Just wanted to stand up for Cosby. Tired of everyone bashing them. I know all of the kids on the team and I know how hard they have worked to get where they are. The kids deserve more than the bad mouthing they get from CCHS fans.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry old24eagle, but I had had enough of his mouth. Just wanted to stand up for Cosby. Tired of everyone bashing them. I know all of the kids on the team and I know how hard they have worked to get where they are. The kids deserve more than the bad mouthing they get from CCHS fans.

Oh I agree!! you have no need to apologize I was just wanting to get this thread back on track and talk about how our kids are playing whos next on the schedule and so on how CCHS is doing right now I can tell you is the last thing on the players , coaches , and fans minds in cosby. If they want to talk about CCHS ball they need to start their own topic on coacht. But since it would only generate about 5 hits a month they want to use ours.

lets get this thing going again. do you think cosby can beat pigeon forge. i didnt think pigeon forge that good. i saw them play cocke county. i really didnt see one player stand out. they all just played hard and played pretty good defense. i think cosby should be able to beat them.

Cosby should have beat the Forge the first time they played. Pigeon Forge is coached very well and used what they had on the floor extremely well. Pigeon Forge had to have had the best shooting night of their season that night that I don't see them repeating. In my opinion Cosby will avenge their only loss of the season by a large number.

I saw the Cosby/PF game earlier this year when Cosby got beat. Cosby lead most of the game but they continued to let PF hang around. PF started hitting and made a run and came out ahead at the end. PF has a pretty good "team" -- no one outstanding player, but they play good together as a team and don't give up. Cosby can definitely beat them, but will probably be a close game at PF. I say Cosby by 10.

I saw PF play at Greeneville back before Christmas. Greeneville was ahead by almost 30 in the first half, but PF came out firing in the 2nd half, hitting everything they shot. They still lost by 17, but had Greeneville fans worried about pulling an upset.

Cosby should pull out the win, but they can't over look PF, or anyone else for that matter.

PS... Tell Timmy I saw his grandmother at Wal-Mart yesterday and she was telling me about his monster jam on Friday night.

Keep up the hard work guys.

F.Y.I.

knox gibbs: 1-9

washburn : 3-5

hancock : 1-8

tsd : does it really matter 4-3

hancock : 1-8

m. west : 0-5

Play someone!!!!!!!!! You guys haven't played a decent team yet! When TSD is the only school u play with a winning record something is wrong!!!! Cosby is O.K. but Flatford got out while the gettin is good mark my words! Blakley is a STAR!! i will say that! he needs some credit on this site!!! but don't over rate ur selves. play someone first!

What about M. East, Cherokee, Rutledge, and Pf is next, you are just mad because you cant handle the hype of THE COSBY EAGLES being #1. Overrate yourselves?? We have one of the best post players in the state (Timmy Blakely), and 1 of the most underrated Juniors in 1A (Kelvin Rone) and not to mention Dexter Manning and Todd Jenkins. Underrated?? We will see when it comes down to the state tournament in the Boro. COSBY EAGLES #1

lets get this thing going again. do you think cosby can beat pigeon forge. i didnt think pigeon forge that good. i saw them play cocke county. i really didnt see one player stand out. they all just played hard and played pretty good defense. i think cosby should be able to beat them.

I watched the whole game of the 1st matchup of cosby and pf, and this is the way that i will put it. Cosby couldnt have played any worse and PF couldnt have gotten any luckier. It was a horrible game for Cosby, but look for them to bounce back strong after a blowout on homecoming, they are ready to play. Lets not forget cosby now has something to play for #1 in 1A. Cosby wins by 15 at PF!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Cosby should have beat the Forge the first time they played. Pigeon Forge is coached very well and used what they had on the floor extremely well. Pigeon Forge had to have had the best shooting night of their season that night that I don't see them repeating. In my opinion Cosby will avenge their only loss of the season by a large number.

I was going to post, but you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

GO COSBY!!!

i dont think it will be 10 or 15. i think it will be a toss up. you can not underestimate pigeon forge. especially at pigeon forge. it will be tough for cosby to win. pigeon forge is good at getting you out of your game. i am not hating on cosby or anything but i say pigeon forge wins by 3 just because it is at pigeon forge.

no cosby would win same county same talent pool all the players know they can't compete in AAA so they transfer to a single A school. so cosby has all the good players, the kids who can read write and play tennis and golf go to cocke county.

CANT COMPETE IN AAA????? I dont know who u are, but u need to get your facts straight, COSBY is a basketball school, and has been the past 20 years. Cocke County hasnt had a decent team since 01-02. And before that i couldnt tell you when they have had a winning season. So naturally when you get out of grade school would you rather go to a winning school that knows how to treat their athletes and wins ball games, or go to an unorganized school with no disipline for the players (CCHS) and have a losing record. I would rather go to a winning school no matter the division, but saying that the players cant compete??? You need to look at the facts before you say that the boys cant compete..

GO EAGLES!!!

First of all Caleb who are you? If this is the "golf pro" your an idiot! I wouldn't trade "TIMBO" for the starting five at CCHS. How many dunks does CChs have PUT TOGETHER in the past few years? Timmy has 6 by himself! Theres your 6'4" white boy. Who have you all beat? NOBODY! You stink. Your own fans talk about how bad you are. Heck, they come to our games when yall play.We are undefeated in your precious IMAC and could possibly win it. You say we couldnt make it out of the district in 2A or 3AAA well your dad said cherokee is probably the best team in the IMAC and we beat them 23. Your a joke! CCHS is the laughing stock of east TN. the worst program I have ever or will ever see! I like the Kelly kid but he couldnt carry timmys ballshoes to his games for him. He cant chew gum and walk at the same time. you guys are lucky jmpshtr101 is a nice guy. Im not sooo nice!

sincerely,

Jody #34

Thanks Jody, he speaks the truth. Austin