Central Cougars

GOsullivanCENTRALxx

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats happened to the central starters? Weatherford started the season strong but something has really effected his game.

Phil is just one starter..... not the whole starting five.

Also, don't dog him because he hasnt been playing up to his potential. The whole team is to blame for the poor performance in the past couple games. And if something has effected his game its the pressure that everyone puts on him.

The reason why Phil hasnt been playing to his potential is because there is two guys that take all the shots and leave the rest of the team out. Phil probably gets 6 or 7 shots a game and thats not enough for the best shooter on your team. All i got to say is Phil shoot the ball when you get the chance, it may be your only time to.

The whole team needs to play a little smarter if they expect any success in AAA this year. They play the same pace 10 up or 10 down. You just can't do that. I hope the players and coaches took note of how DB played when they got the lead, they held the ball and made us come to them. At that point the game was over. We would have just kept going down and forcing the ball up...not smart. We need to show a little more patience when teams make adjustments to our offence. We are hardly ever beaten in the first half, however, the second half is another story. We just need to make our own adjustments and we'll be allright. Just some thoughts . Go Cougars!

QUOTE(bballfan99 @ Nov 18 2005 - 04:02 PM)

your just another hater. he scored the winning basket at the buzzer last night on a drive to the basket for a layup. 75% FROM THE 3 POINT LINE AND MAKE 50% IS NOT BAD. YOU KNOW HE IS THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER AND YOU TRY TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SAY BAD ABOUT HIM. WATCH HIM PLAY THIS YEAR AND THEN WE WILL NOT HERE FROM YOU ANYMORE

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Nov 18 2005 - 04:15 PM)

I’ve watched Phillip for several years now … I know his game! Don’t get me wrong I’m not haten on Phil. As a matter of fact, I think Central should have tapped in on his talents before last year.

The fact is that he’s not going to get the same looks at the basket in this conference that he was able to get last year. He’ll need to take more shots off the dribble as appose to standing at the three point line with his feet set waiting on the pass.

These were my comments before the regular season started…and they still ring true. Phil is fundamentally the best player on Centrals team although it’s obvious that he not the most aggressive. Buchanan and Hess needs to recognize and strive to get Phil more involved in the offense. Or for that matter…maybe the coach should, if he wants to win games in the Big 9!!! :blink:

Edited by Cap1

The whole team needs to play a little smarter if they expect any success in AAA this year. They play the same pace 10 up or 10 down. You just can't do that. I hope the players and coaches took note of how DB played when they got the lead, they held the ball and made us come to them. At that point the game was over. We would have just kept going down and forcing the ball up...not smart. We need to show a little more patience when teams make adjustments to our offence. We are hardly ever beaten in the first half, however, the second half is another story. We just need to make our own adjustments and we'll be allright. Just some thoughts . Go Cougars!

In the D-B game, Weatherford did not score as much because D-Bs guards (Cody Sensabaugh in the first part of the first quarter, Will Henry the rest of the game) found him early in transition defense and did not allow him good looks on drive and kick-outs, and then did a good job of fighting through screens in half court defense (especailly in the second half) and denying him the ball where he wanted it and closing well when he was able to catch it beyond the arc. Weatherford is a good player and a very good spot up shooter, and, to his credit, against D-B he did not force things when he got the ball if he was not in position to set his feet and shoot. His ability to score from outside did open up the floor for Buchanan and Hess, and kept Sensabaugh and Henry from playing their usual help position when the other Central players cut through and posted inside (which Central exploited well, especially in the first half). So, Weatherford had a positive impact on Central's offensive output that is not reflected in the boxscore.

The reason why Phil hasnt been playing to his potential is because there is two guys that take all the shots and leave the rest of the team out. Phil probably gets 6 or 7 shots a game and thats not enough for the best shooter on your team. All i got to say is Phil shoot the ball when you get the chance, it may be your only time to.

you are dead wrong about Phil not getting to shoot the ball he has shot more than anybody on the team, gabe has took a lot of shots to but the diffrence there is gabe has shot a lot of layups and and has been playing great. Hess does not shoot as much as he should he feeds the ball to the open man. Phil is a good shooter but if he is not shooting good dont blame it on him not getting the ball. if you dont believe me the stat sheet is on the wall in the locker room. this is a good team dont start pointing fingers at other players if Phil is not playing good. if the 2 guys you are talking about are gabe and hess, look at the stat sheet Phil has shot the ball a lot more than Hess and just as much as gabe. Gabe is avrg. about 20 points per game Hess about 15 and Phil about 15. you do the math on that. i would stop worring about offense and more about defense. that is if you are worried about the team or just about Phil scoring. this team dont need no finger pointing.

QUOTE(bballfan99 @ Nov 18 2005 - 04:02 PM)

your just another hater. he scored the winning basket at the buzzer last night on a drive to the basket for a layup. 75% FROM THE 3 POINT LINE AND MAKE 50% IS NOT BAD. YOU KNOW HE IS THE BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER AND YOU TRY TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO SAY BAD ABOUT HIM. WATCH HIM PLAY THIS YEAR AND THEN WE WILL NOT HERE FROM YOU ANYMORE

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Nov 18 2005 - 04:15 PM)

I’ve watched Phillip for several years now … I know his game! Don’t get me wrong I’m not haten on Phil. As a matter of fact, I think Central should have tapped in on his talents before last year.

The fact is that he’s not going to get the same looks at the basket in this conference that he was able to get last year. He’ll need to take more shots off the dribble as appose to standing at the three point line with his feet set waiting on the pass.

These were my comments before the regular season started…and they still ring true. Phil is fundamentally the best player on Centrals team although it’s obvious that he not the most aggressive. Buchanan and Hess needs to recognize and strive to get Phil more involved in the offense. Or for that matter…maybe the coach should, if he wants to win games in the Big 9!!! :D

you dont know anything about central and how they play. all you do is read the paper. Phil gets plenty of looks and when he is making them nobody is saying anything then he has a few bad games and it is the teams fault. and i can tell you have never watched them play or you would know Hess sets Phil up for a lot of open looks. dont talk about something you know nothing about...... is your name i.t. shelly or cap1 or something diffrent today......

you dont know anything about central and how they play. all you do is read the paper. Phil gets plenty of looks and when he is making them nobody is saying anything then he has a few bad games and it is the teams fault. and i can tell you have never watched them play or you would know Hess sets Phil up for a lot of open looks. dont talk about something you know nothing about...... is your name i.t. shelly or cap1 or something diffrent today......

That’s what I’m talking about…that same little penetrate and kick it out to Phil thing that Hess has had so much success with last year aint going to flush with the teams he has to face this year. Most every coach in the Big 9 conference knows that if you allow Phil to set his feet and have an open look at the basket you’ll be in trouble (although you may be able to suprise Souths coach :ph34r: )!! All I’m saying is that he is going to have to be more creative with his shot selection this year if he wants to put up his numbers. Most teams will try to deny Phil the ball outside the ark and take their chances with Buchanan and Hess. Just look back at the DB game.

By the way YOU can call me DADDY from here on out!!! :lol::thumb:

That’s what I’m talking about…that same little penetrate and kick it out to Phil thing that Hess has had so much success with last year aint going to flush with the teams he has to face this year. Most every coach in the Big 9 conference knows that if you allow Phil to set his feet and have an open look at the basket you’ll be in trouble (although you may be able to suprise Souths coach :justwrestle: )!! All I’m saying is that he is going to have to be more creative with his shot selection this year if he wants to put up his numbers. Most teams will try to deny Phil the ball outside the ark and take their chances with Buchanan and Hess. Just look back at the DB game.

By the way YOU can call me DADDY from here on out!!! :D:lol:

you sure your name is not James Naysmith....... dont let coaching the swoosh go to your head...... you are really not that smart.... but you do read the newspaper