mcminn vs cumberland

ladycherokees

I wasn't there but it sounds like we looked against cleveland. How many subs played? giving up an 11 point lead should not happen. How many points did Frazier or Smith get. How about Nila? I still think Cumberland can be beat. they barely beat Bradley or Mcminn. Walker valley barely beat Cleveland and Cleveland barely beat McMinn. The winner may be the team best coached. For sure nobody will go undefeated in this district.

Edited by postup00

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCHS played McMinn without their starting center. This district is tough no matter who is playing. Anyone can win. However its the team with depth and the ability to find ways to win those close ones that will become this districts champion. Its way to early to decide things. Injuries, chemistry, parents involvement, and yes coaching will decide much.

CCHS played McMinn without their starting center. This district is tough no matter who is playing. Anyone can win. However its the team with depth and the ability to find ways to win those close ones that will become this districts champion. Its way to early to decide things. Injuries, chemistry, parents involvement, and yes coaching will decide much.

Is the starting center the difference in the game the other night? would they had blown us out with her? I was told that your point guard was great. Really saw the floor and knew where to go. I think all the teams are close this year. A toss up....

Is the starting center the difference in the game the other night? would they had blown us out with her? I was told that your point guard was great. Really saw the floor and knew where to go. I think all the teams are close this year. A toss up....

With Jenniffer Hood in this ballgame the Lady Cherokees get romped!! The only reason McMinn was able to get such a large lead in this game was due to their uncharacteristically good three point shooting in third quater!! The Lady Jet defense stepped up in the fourth and finished the Job, and with Hood in the ball game the cherokees never see the lead!!! And oh one more thing, I don't know what the McMinn people think about their head coach, but I tink the way he acted after the last shot of the game was absolutely unexcusable!! What kind of example is he setting for the kids?? :lol:

With Jenniffer Hood in this ballgame the Lady Cherokees get romped!! The only reason McMinn was able to get such a large lead in this game was due to their uncharacteristically good three point shooting in third quater!! The Lady Jet defense stepped up in the fourth and finished the Job, and with Hood in the ball game the cherokees never see the lead!!! And oh one more thing, I don't know what the McMinn people think about their head coach, but I tink the way he acted after the last shot of the game was absolutely unexcusable!! What kind of example is he setting for the kids?? :lol:

Radiojet,,,, What did he do after the last shot of the ballgame? If you said it was inexcusable it must had been bad......Please let me know so I can share it with everyone down here. Most didn't go to the ballgame and I would really like to know what he did. I am sure most of the parents do not or would not like their coach to act anyway that would be bad to us.... :blink:

Radiojet,,,, What did he do after the last shot of the ballgame? If you said it was inexcusable it must had been bad......Please let me know so I can share it with everyone down here. Most didn't go to the ballgame and I would really like to know what he did. I am sure most of the parents do not or would not like their coach to act anyway that would be bad to us.... :lol:

The Lady Cherokees were only down by 3 at the with like 8 seconds left in the game and the CCHS head coach Tim Smith called a timeout. coming out of the timeout McMinn with the ball they get the inbound pass down the floor to Frazier out on the left wing she takes the long 3 and misses miserably. well Frazier was being guarded by chelsea brown of CCHS, Frazier did a nice actin job to fall to floor after the shot. The entire McMinn coaching staff wanted the foul ( although it just wasnt a viable argument). The foul wasn't called and the Lady Cherokee head coach threw his clip board across the floor and furiously chased the officials off the floor!! Not very proffesional if you ask me!! :blink:

The Lady Cherokees were only down by 3 at the with like 8 seconds left in the game and the CCHS head coach Tim Smith called a timeout. coming out of the timeout McMinn with the ball they get the inbound pass down the floor to Frazier out on the left wing she takes the long 3 and misses miserably. well Frazier was being guarded by chelsea brown of CCHS, Frazier did a nice actin job to fall to floor after the shot. The entire McMinn coaching staff wanted the foul ( although it just wasnt a viable argument). The foul wasn't called and the Lady Cherokee head coach threw his clip board across the floor and furiously chased the officials off the floor!! Not very proffesional if you ask me!! :thumb:

I think that statement was jus a tad bit biased

The Lady Cherokees were only down by 3 at the with like 8 seconds left in the game and the CCHS head coach Tim Smith called a timeout. coming out of the timeout McMinn with the ball they get the inbound pass down the floor to Frazier out on the left wing she takes the long 3 and misses miserably. well Frazier was being guarded by chelsea brown of CCHS, Frazier did a nice actin job to fall to floor after the shot. The entire McMinn coaching staff wanted the foul ( although it just wasnt a viable argument). The foul wasn't called and the Lady Cherokee head coach threw his clip board across the floor and furiously chased the officials off the floor!! Not very proffesional if you ask me!! :thumb:

I've seen some reports that professional lip readers were on hand at the game and reported the McMinn coach as saying, "Forget the Lady Jets, I've got a jet right here!" From his hand the clipboard then flew.

Therefore, he could have been playfully trying to see if the higher elevations on the Plateau could affect the trajectory of his clipboard or possibly he was trying to see if he could hit someone and be arrested. Thus, ridding him from the task of having to coach the Lady Tribe for a second longer. Either way, was it recorded via visual recording device? Is it ESPN quality material?

Why don't we just have a weekly post that reads, "McMinn leads at the half, loses in final minute"?

I wasn't at game so I have no clue about the call- but even the radio announcers say she got banged a little on the shot. These were jet supporters on the radio, so I don't think it was that big of an acting job. Now with that said, you usually don't get that call at end of game- especially at visitor's gym. So, I guess what I am saying is there is no need in degrading the McMinn girl saying how badly she missed and it being a complete acting job when even your own announcers thought there was some contact. As for the McMinn coach- I agree he shouldn't act like that.

I wasn't at game so I have no clue about the call- but even the radio announcers say she got banged a little on the shot. These were jet supporters on the radio, so I don't think it was that big of an acting job. Now with that said, you usually don't get that call at end of game- especially at visitor's gym. So, I guess what I am saying is there is no need in degrading the McMinn girl saying how badly she missed and it being a complete acting job when even your own announcers thought there was some contact. As for the McMinn coach- I agree he shouldn't act like that.

well, The way i see it is this way. First you blow a 11 point lead from half time. If the person I talked to is right he put that Harris girl back in with 4 minutes left with a lead and she had 4 fouls.. I can only come up with one thing with this one. Bad coaching from that standpoint. I do not think a coach should show his/her emotions like the way it is said here. This is poor sportsmanship and doesn't look good on a great team like McMinn has. I can only hope that the director of sports at McMInn has a sit down talk with this coach. If this happened he got out of hand and should be punished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!