Cumberland Gap vs. Claiborne

Gapfan06

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2mar night its going to be the cumberland gap panthers against the claiborne bulldogs(donkeys) at claiborne(donkeyville) the gap has this one in the bag so everybody come out and support the panthers

PANTHER PRIDE

any claiborne fans remember the 37-6 beating?????????????

Gapfan06,

Although i am not a fan of either school your reference to claiborne as donkeys and donkeyville is a testament to your immaturity and lack of class, and i am sure is an embarassment to the real, and classy gap fans.

u dont know the history between this 2 schools do ya???? if u knew the history then u would be saying the same thing.....they hate us and the gap especially hates them so it dont matter

PANTHER PRIDE

DONKEY PRIDE

Since neither school has been around for very long, there is little history to be had. I do know that both schools are located in the same county. The point is that hate is a thing that has been proven to shorten your lifespan from the stress it places on oneself, and when you make disparaging remarks about another school especially in the same county you live in it is not a slap in their face, but rather has a tendency to make you the poster look bad. I have played many sports against many rivals, and have to say I had a respect for most all, but I did not hate any.

I'm looking foward to a pair of good games tonight. Lady Bulldogs vs Lady Panthers, followed by Bulldog vs Panthers.

We will be carrying both games on WLMU 91.3 FM, and on the internet at http://www.913thegap.com, and http://radio.lmunet.edu.

Both games will also be tape delay video broadcast on LMU TV, Communicom channel 4, Monday night at 7:00.

All 4 teams are undefeated in district play, and all 4 are shooting for a District 2AA Championship.

I love this level of competition! Big rivalries can be fun to watch.

I just hope the officiating is invisible, and the players and coaches get to determine the tempo, and outcome of these games.

The officiating was pathetic last year, when an alum was allowed to control the game at Claiborne. I think TSSAA should know better than to allow something like that.

Good luck to both schools! May the best teams win not only tonight, but District 2, and Region 1AA as well.

:D

Edited by The Sports Guy

joe mayes ant playing basketball....for some reason he is ineligable....he is playing baseball though but for some reason he cant play basketball

That's BULL ,He was ruled ineligible over here because he was held back his 8th grade year (stupid eh)?? he appealed it and lost.

But the word was he was declared eligible by the TSSAA.

It's a out right shame that an origination would keep him or a KID from playing.

He is a awesome talent and I hate it someone took his H.S playing career away.

Oh yeah he is also a good baseball player but his talent is shooting the basketball.

soggybottomboys.....yea both NEW schools have been around for 3 years but before that it was claiborne county high and powell valley high and that is the history so there is ALOT of history both schools hate each other and they probably say the same thing about us but we have more stuff on them then they do us

PANTHER PRIDE!!!!!!

Its only a game.... The Spin Stops here

The reference to the officiating I wasn't at the game last year so really can't comment on that other than some less than professional comments were made on the air and in the local print media. I know that ref personally and had seen him officiate before however I do know that there was no love loss with him and Claiborne so that argument is out the window. Officiating is as good as coaching and many times coaching relies on talent. Now the better team will win and I just hope that the broadcast will show the listeners the action, not opinion, on the court. Bringing up an incident from a year ago or a football score is called living in the past. I myself wish to live for the future.

I have youth at both schools and know all the little ins and outs, there is no wonder our county is in the shape its in when we allow these kids to foster a aire of disrespect that they have. And thats kids on both sides of the river.

As for if a kid is eligible or not I know of many kids that live on either side of the river that do not go to the school in their district so no spinning that one tonight.

The best team will win. The team who wants it will win. And regardless of who wins I hope that sportsmanship will reign. Complaining about the officiating, where a kid lives, if he failed or not, are not what the game is about. Just think if every person in that gym tonight would come together to better our county instead of trashing the other the county might just be a better place to live.

I welcome you to say hi to me I will be the one behind the mic.

RB @ FBC

Its only a game.... The Spin Stops here

The reference to the officiating I wasn't at the game last year so really can't comment on that other than some less than professional comments were made on the air and in the local print media. I know that ref personally and had seen him officiate before however I do know that there was no love loss with him and Claiborne so that argument is out the window. Officiating is as good as coaching and many times coaching relies on talent. Now the better team will win and I just hope that the broadcast will show the listeners the action, not opinion, on the court. Bringing up an incident from a year ago or a football score is called living in the past. I myself wish to live for the future.

I have youth at both schools and know all the little ins and outs, there is no wonder our county is in the shape its in when we allow these kids to foster a aire of disrespect that they have. And thats kids on both sides of the river.

As for if a kid is eligible or not I know of many kids that live on either side of the river that do not go to the school in their district so no spinning that one tonight.

The best team will win. The team who wants it will win. And regardless of who wins I hope that sportsmanship will reign. Complaining about the officiating, where a kid lives, if he failed or not, are not what the game is about. Just think if every person in that gym tonight would come together to better our county instead of trashing the other the county might just be a better place to live.

I welcome you to say hi to me I will be the one behind the mic.

RB @ FBC

Well said RB from I assume First Baptist of New Tazewell. It is just a game that should be enjoyed by both sides, and who wins means little in the big picture of life. How you conduct yourself on the court will be remembered long after most have forgotten the score. Play hard, play clean, but when it is over shake hands and you will gain the respect of your opponent regardless of the score. BTW if the official you are talking about is R.W. I agree he is by no means a Claiborne homer.