12/13 BEECH AT WHITE HOUSE

timbdp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'm a "he" and I've watched every game this year that both girls and boys varsity and all the jv boys have played. I've even watched a few freshmen boys games. I still stick to my original statement, I don't know that we can hang with the Bucs for four quarters. I maybe wrong and I certainly hope that I am but from what I've seen this year, that is what I expect.

Tim, what do you have against the JV squad anyway ???? Have you watched them play this year?

White House lost 48-46. White House was robbed. These officials made some really bad calls. The no call when Beech committed a backcourt violation was absolutely horrible, White House should have had a chance to win the game or at worst the game would have went into overtime. One of the officials said that there can't be a backcourt violation from the baseline.

bdpfan i thought white house can't hang with beech looks like your wrong

beech put in the winning shot with 1 second to go in the game

You are correct tim, and I'm certainly glad that I was wrong. I'm very proud of the way we played last night. They hung tough all night long and had a chance to win down the stretch. I wouldn't go blaming the loss on the refs though, the calls were bad both ways. You always seem to blame any loss for WH on bad calls and that's getting really old. I'm going to do some further research on the backcourt violation non-call. I too thought it should have been a violation and possession to WH but there may be more to that rule than what I thought I understood. With Beech just touching the ball in the frontcourt and then gaining possession in the backcourt, there may not be a backcourt violation. Some have told me that you first have to have possession in the frontcourt, lose possession, have the ball cross halfcourt and then regain possession in the backcourt. Then you would have a violation. I'm looking into that for my own benefit.

Also, I'm sure glad that you're (not your) not one to say I told you so.... :thumb: