Is The End Near?..And I mean Armageddon !

I don't usually post on the girls basketball thread because I really don't like girls high school basketball all that much,but when the Union City girls basketball team starts a basketball season at 6-0,well,I just can't let this go...

Union City has had very successful seasons in many sports,actually competing for and winning state championships in almost all the sports they compete in...The Lady Tornado basketball team hasn't been one of those teams..They have rarely had winning seasons since the early 80's..They actually haven't been in many of those games,usually being thrashed by most everyone they play...Union City's girls have actually won one state championship though,that being in 1925...A pretty good while ago...I even joked one time that Union City should trade in the girls basketball team in for some new bleachers...They were that bad,almost always having as many or more turnovers than points..Not kidding..But,times have changed and coach Jeff Chandler has performed a minor miracle at UC...He has many things to compete with at the school in different areas and has overcome them somewhat with this years beginning of the season...If you see him around shake his hand and tell what a good job he has done..This years team is going to make noise in this district for some years to come..And it's kind of refreshing....Good job girls and continue your hard work....

Now that is a big statement. Willie is doing a great job, and they have learned to win games. Don't forget about Jackson Co and their 6'7" monster! Can you say 5 peat. :lol:

And just where did Willie attend school? That's what I thought. Gleason will have the best shot within 2 years. Not saying they have the best shot in the state, but locally in West Tennessee maybe so. (Willie's not too bad a golfer either.)

And just where did Willie attend school? That's what I thought. Gleason will have the best shot within 2 years. Not saying they have the best shot in the state, but locally in West Tennessee maybe so. (Willie's not too bad a golfer either.)

I agree that Gleason has the best shot at getting to the 'Boro! I also think Willie has a shot this year (somebody has to go!) and next year also! BUT, there is a big difference in getting to the 'Boro and winning the gold ball when you get there! The statement earlier said "bringing back a gold ball", while I would love for it to happen; I just don't see anyone beating Jackson Co over the next 5 years. I hope I am wrong, and a Weakley Co team can win it all, I just don't believe I am.

And yes, Willie T is from Gleason, and he is an excellent golfer, as I paid for part of his tuition at Union! :lol: