12/16: Science Hill at Tennessee High

Bristol Bubba

This is the game everyone has been waiting to see. A rematch of last year's District 1 AND Region 1 Championship Games. The Toppers edged the Vikings three times last year, including the District Championship, but the Vikings won the Regional Final OT Game that had everyone on their feet the whole time. Both teams are pumped and the fans can't wait. The matchups will be unbelievable: The Vikings Goose Harmon and the Toppers Omar Wattad, and THS's DeShaud Johnson v Science Hill's Michael Forney. This will be a great game.

Who will win? Can Goose shut down Omar's post-play?

Go Vikings!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the game everyone has been waiting to see. A rematch of last year's District 1 AND Region 1 Championship Games. The Toppers edged the Vikings three times last year, including the District Championship, but the Vikings won the Regional Final OT Game that had everyone on their feet the whole time. Both teams are pumped and the fans can't wait. The matchups will be unbelievable: The Vikings Goose Harmon and the Toppers Omar Wattad, and THS's DeShaud Johnson v Science Hill's Michael Forney. This will be a great game.

Who will win? Can Goose shut down Omar's post-play?

Go Vikings!!!

Omar is a shooting guard. SO goose probably will only be guarding him on switches, or on assignment. You may have seen Omar play 4 this season that is because the Hill lacks a true post player and Omar has played it before (he played post in middle school). he also played some one while Landon Turner has been recovering from injury. I expect he will be back at his natural position, the 2 0r 3 to face off against TN high. I doubt that there is anything Goose could do as an individual to stop Wattad, but that by no means means that the hill will beat the vikings. This should be a very close and hard fought game. The hill will be scary if/when they start making shots, (33% in the last 3 games).

THS had a tough game with the Tribe last night. DB fans are excited, but they only won by 1pt, and it could have just as easily gone the other way. The loss makes Friday night's game even bigger. Now the Vikings, the Toppers, and Sullivan South Rebels are all tied for 2nd with one loss. The winner of Friday night's game will remain at 2nd while the loser drops to third. This is a huge rivalry, and will be an awesome game.

THS had a tough game with the Tribe last night. DB fans are excited, but they only won by 1pt, and it could have just as easily gone the other way. The loss makes Friday night's game even bigger. Now the Vikings, the Toppers, and Sullivan South Rebels are all tied for 2nd with one loss. The winner of Friday night's game will remain at 2nd while the loser drops to third. This is a huge rivalry, and will be an awesome game.

You must be drinking the same Kool-Aid as the TH coach. Only a 1 point win and it could have easily gone the other way. And it could have just as easily been a 3 or 5 or 10 point win, DB led most of the game and was up by 10 right before halftime until a late surge by TH to make it a 4 point halftime Tribe which quickly evaporated early in the 3rd. a couple of missed layups and Coty missed on the front end of his free throws with 25 secs to go or TH doesn't have a shot at the end. Call it "only" a one point win...but a win nonetheless :unsure:

You must be drinking the same Kool-Aid as the TH coach. Only a 1 point win and it could have easily gone the other way. And it could have just as easily been a 3 or 5 or 10 point win, DB led most of the game and was up by 10 right before halftime until a late surge by TH to make it a 4 point halftime Tribe which quickly evaporated early in the 3rd. a couple of missed layups and Coty missed on the front end of his free throws with 25 secs to go or TH doesn't have a shot at the end. Call it "only" a one point win...but a win nonetheless ;)

you must be drinking the same cool-aid as the retarted kids, because we led most of the second half, and had it not been for the first half being the worst they had played all year, they would ahve beat you by 10 or 20...like i said on another thread...consider yourself lucky, because when you play someone good who is playing good, youll get embarrassed, because you played the game of your life last night and barely won against their worst

You must be drinking the same Kool-Aid as the TH coach. Only a 1 point win and it could have easily gone the other way. And it could have just as easily been a 3 or 5 or 10 point win, DB led most of the game and was up by 10 right before halftime until a late surge by TH to make it a 4 point halftime Tribe which quickly evaporated early in the 3rd. a couple of missed layups and Coty missed on the front end of his free throws with 25 secs to go or TH doesn't have a shot at the end. Call it "only" a one point win...but a win nonetheless :thumb:

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and the Tribe fans have said some pretty dumb stuff. You arrogant Kingsport fans think that you're unstoppable. THS is the first real challenge DB has had, and we just had an off night. I attribut that to DB's good record, and all the hype about Morgan being the best coach around. The fact the THS was able to come back from several deficits, shows the strength of our team, and our ability to play. And come to think of it, THS led for most of the 2nd half. It just as easily could have been a 3,5,or 10 point win for THS, too. I think its high time that Kingsport fans come down off their high horse and face reality. This is the year of the horn.

Go Vikings!!!

Edited by Bristol Bubba

theyearofthehorn and bristolbubba claiming DB fans lack class? For a joke, go back and read their posts on this thread. Then ask yourself about the lack of class. I think you guys may be a bit sore that TN High was ranked #1 and got beat by a supposedly down year Indian team at home; that most people had written off because TN High, South, and Science Hill got all of the hype this year.

Arrogant? Not taking defeat like a man is arrogance. All I have read about all year on these boards is how every team is going to rip apart DB because DB is down this year. Relax guys. The conference race will probably change hand more than a few times. This is going to be one of the most exciting years for the conference. There will be many more upsets.

theyearofthehorn and bristolbubba claiming DB fans lack class? For a joke, go back and read their posts on this thread. Then ask yourself about the lack of class. I think you guys may be a bit sore that TN High was ranked #1 and got beat by a supposedly down year Indian team at home; that most people had written off because TN High, South, and Science Hill got all of the hype this year.

Arrogant? Not taking defeat like a man is arrogance. All I have read about all year on these boards is how every team is going to rip apart DB because DB is down this year. Relax guys. The conference race will probably change hand more than a few times. This is going to be one of the most exciting years for the conference. There will be many more upsets.

Maybe my language is too sophisticated for you Kingsport folks, but no where have I ever said you lack class, nor has yearofthehorn. However, you do. Calling an eldery man Santa Claus, is classless. And in case you didn't notice, this post is concerning the Science Hill-THS game, so why don't you DB fans go whine on your posts, this is for fans who want to talk bball, not smack.

Edited by Bristol Bubba