Macon County vs Westmoreland

adam_10

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it almost makes me sick to my stomach to see the shape of macon's boys team....they definately do not live up the traditions of macon county basketball. macon has never had just blown people out with athletic talent but the teams in the past have just had that knack of knowing the game of basketball and doing the things it takes to win. u learn that by putting the hours in on the court to develop the intuition it takes to get that little something extra that it takes to win the big ones....i wonder how many hours these boys have put in extra (i mean besides practice) to develope thier skills? by the looks of things, not much at all. sometimes playing hard, which these kids do, just isn't enough.

i guess the days of substate, all though not that long ago, have been forgotten.....and thats to bad

it almost makes me sick to my stomach to see the shape of macon's boys team....they definately do not live up the traditions of macon county basketball. macon has never had just blown people out with athletic talent but the teams in the past have just had that knack of knowing the game of basketball and doing the things it takes to win. u learn that by putting the hours in on the court to develop the intuition it takes to get that little something extra that it takes to win the big ones....i wonder how many hours these boys have put in extra (i mean besides practice) to develope thier skills? by the looks of things, not much at all. sometimes playing hard, which these kids do, just isn't enough.

i guess the days of substate, all though not that long ago, have been forgotten.....and thats to bad

This is the way its been in lafayette for the past several years you should know that i have a good feeling i know who u are. Macon county has always been up and down if im not mistaken lafayette made the state in 85-86 and substate in 86-87 and were horrible for several years then they made the substate in 95-96(I believe you were a member of this team) and made the sweet sixteen in 98-99 ehich is the same as substate. Macon county will rise again but it just may be a few years but im hoping it will be sooner than later.

Edited by mcfollower