#8 Wartburg vs. #21 Pickett County

ZOOLANDER69

i dont think that the bobcats are getting any respect at all from the wartburg fans period. this team had one major letdown earlier in the season and have since won 11 of 12, this is not gonna be a blowout by any means and im not gonna take anything away from wartburg because they have a good team and it looks like they gave kennesaw all they wanted, but for people to say wartburg will win by 15 20 25 points is crazy, the cats will come ready tonight so wartburg better be ready to back up all the talk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett Co. wins in a close one. This was a great game and I was a little confused as to what the scoring issue was at the end but nonetheless Wartburg loses a heartbreaker and got outplayed. I believe Wartburg has the talent to get the job done but just need to work on the little things. Pickett Co. missed very few free throws, didn't turn the ball over a lot, and rebounded pretty well. I think the score was like 69-64? Hopefully the dawgs learn from this and get better. I liked the hustle from the Pickett Co. team. Number #10 is a very solid ball player.

This was a great game to watch. The cats prevailed by 4, i said in an earlier post they would win by 5 so i was close to that. Wartburg has a very good team there post player #34 owned the post for most of the game on us and really got up and down the floor well. As for the bobcats they played a very solid 1st half with few mistakes and i dont think they missed a foul shot in the half, they handled the press well and shot the ball well and rebounded better in this game. The officiating was pretty pathetic for both teams , very inconsistant and lots of questionable calls and i was pretty confused about the scorekeeping in the game too. As for our big man T.C. he had a solid game had a nice dunk that got everyone going early on and a solid game on the boards and on defense, did get in foul trouble late in the 1st half and in the second half sat for a while. Great game by both teams and i hope that anyone that said we would lose by 10 15 20 25 points have some respect for the cats now i mean we are down this year and we are still 14-2 so i really dont see that were down just young good luck to wartburg the rest of the season and keep on winning cats big week coming up with the big game at Clay Co. starting the week on tuesday

GREAT GAME PICKETT. That was the best FT shooting I have seen in an extremely long time. Wartburg on the other hand did Horrible on the line. That in my opinion seperated the game. Is the TC man just a junior? He played Jason #34 very well inside it was extremely fun to watch. The only thing about Pickett I didn't like was their coach. I set directly behind the bench and there were several occasions that he thought something should have been called. Yes, something should have been called but he ended up look like a donkey's behind. #10 was an extremely good player. Jeremy Shannon was off a little tonight but I credit the Pickett D. BTW Really enjoyed that dunk great finish. I had to stand up and clap myself. This was the best game I have seen since last season, and I know this will get our boys thinking very different.

BTW I was talking with a friend of mine and I asked him Why DJ Shannon #32, had his knee Brace taped up. He said that Pickett's coach had said something to Coach Layne about he was suppose to have it taped. Does anyone know if this was true, and if so why do you have to tape up your knee brace??

GREAT GAME PICKETT. That was the best FT shooting I have seen in an extremely long time. Wartburg on the other hand did Horrible on the line. That in my opinion seperated the game. Is the TC man just a junior? He played Jason #34 very well inside it was extremely fun to watch. The only thing about Pickett I didn't like was their coach. I set directly behind the bench and there were several occasions that he thought something should have been called. Yes, something should have been called but he ended up look like a donkey's behind. #10 was an extremely good player. Jeremy Shannon was off a little tonight but I credit the Pickett D. BTW Really enjoyed that dunk great finish. I had to stand up and clap myself. This was the best game I have seen since last season, and I know this will get our boys thinking very different.

BTW I was talking with a friend of mine and I asked him Why DJ Shannon #32, had his knee Brace taped up. He said that Pickett's coach had said something to Coach Layne about he was suppose to have it taped. Does anyone know if this was true, and if so why do you have to tape up your knee brace??

Congrats to PC. Sounds like they played a heck of a game. Can't wait to play ya'll Tuesday. Should be a great game.

BTW, knee braces have to be taped up because they have points in some places and some have exposed metal. No a lot of fun to smack your knee on that stuff. One of our players (Clay Co.) used to tape his and then cut the bottom out of a sock and slide it over the brace just to make sure the refs wouldn't say anything.

Pickett was ahead by 7-12 points most of the game from the 2nd quarter on and might have pulled away if it weren't for the officiating. This is the first time I've said anything about bad officiating but this tournament was the worst. The night before there were walks with 5-6 steps which weren't even called. Last night they didn't run the clock a couple of times so the game was 10-15 seconds longer than it should have been...which can make a huge difference. Pickett was up by 7 with 20 seconds to play and the game wouldn't have gotten so close if they turned the clock on when play started. The officials didn't even make them run the time off. There were charges not called, some that were but should have been reversed. Once Pickett had the ball and the Pickett player was shoved and went flying 8 feet down the court on his backside and the official called it an offensive foul on Pickett! Finally after a lot of talking they reversed it. Both teams played very well and Wartburg is much better than I expected them to be. I'm sure it was their fans knocking Pickett and not the team. Watch out next year...this team is 4 sophs and a junior.

Had the 2 points been given like it should have been it would have been real interesting at the end because it make it one possession ball game with Wartburg having the opportunity to win with a 3. I think Wartburg is more talented right now but I really like Pickett Co.'s style of play and discipline. They are also very quick getting down the floor and it looked like that surprised Wartburg. I'm sure they don't run into that very often. Seemed like Wartburg had a very bad night from 3 point land as well. Good luck to Pickett Co. and hopefully both teams will go far in the tournament.