Van Buren vs. Pickett

Moose3898

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett will win if the vb boys don't pick it up. and I don't mean just a few players I mean everyone needs to do their role. Will help having our other senior leader back.

I think Van Buren will take this one i mean the other night picket only beat monterey by like 12 points and we beat them by alot more than that who knows pickett may have had just a bad night every team has one every now and then but we should take home the :thumb: W[/i]

Edited by Moose3898

That Monterey score for Pickett Co. is deceiving. Pickett was ahead 54-27 and had already been subbing. Coach Bibb then put in the 3rd string and Monetery left their starters in until the buzzer so they cut the lead by more than half. Monetrey's coach was just trying to make the final score look better. Pickett didn't play well against RBS or Jackson Co. but looked good again last night beating Clarkrange 63-42 and Clarkrange got 2 quick threes at the end. Pickett will have to play very good ball to beat Van Buren.

That Monterey score for Pickett Co. is deceiving. Pickett was ahead 54-27 and had already been subbing. Coach Bibb then put in the 3rd string and Monetery left their starters in until the buzzer so they cut the lead by more than half. Monetrey's coach was just trying to make the final score look better. Pickett didn't play well against RBS or Jackson Co. but looked good again last night beating Clarkrange 63-42 and Clarkrange got 2 quick threes at the end. Pickett will have to play very good ball to beat Van Buren.

"Bobcatfan300" you are right. Final scores can be very deceiving. Coach Bibb will have Pickett ready to play. Coach Sullivan will have Van Buren ready to play. Now who wins will be determined by which team executes best on offense. Should be a close game.

As usual we agree sledge... doesn't it just crack you up though when someone says that the win will come down to who wants it most... obviously both teams want it or they wouldn't be playing the game...

Every team wants to win. Not every team understands what it takes to win. The greatest coaching in the world does not always make a team win, the most talented team does not always win, and playing hard does not always ensure a win. These qualities help. Teams that execute and play together win most of the time. If Van Buren executes and plays team ball they will win.

Actually, both teams don't always want to win. Some players just play to have a jersey. Sometimes individuals think their goals are bigger than the team's goals. Wanting to win is not a given. There are very few gaurentees for a basketball game, but one thing that a team can always do is play hard. Some teams do, some teams don't. If you don't think those are the two most important things in basketball then you don't know very much.

Actually, both teams don't always want to win. Some players just play to have a jersey. Sometimes individuals think their goals are bigger than the team's goals. Wanting to win is not a given. There are very few gaurentees for a basketball game, but one thing that a team can always do is play hard. Some teams do, some teams don't. If you don't think those are the two most important things in basketball then you don't know very much.

My 2 points were to execute and play team ball. What was your two most important things? Play hard was one. What was the other? And by the way, if a team executes it requires playing hard.