Clevelandvs McMInn/ Central vs Meigs/ Walker Vvs CUMberland

haterofstupidity

Well, if Coach Q had the coaching ability he would had done worst to Cleveland. Besides if a team can beat you that much then why is the coach still there? :thumb:

Well, if Coach Q had the coaching ability he would had done worst to Cleveland. Besides if a team can beat you that much then why is the coach still there? Meaning McMinn, Coach of Cleveland is a very good teacher(coach) :thumb:

Kid seriously you must be retarded or something because everytime you say something it is always something negative about both McMinn coaches :thumb: Both of the coaches are very good and they have done very good jobs while they have been at McMinn!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry there hater, but I do know what I'm talking about. There is a big difference in how the large score differentials were produced. If you play all your kids and aren't full-court pressing late in game and you win by large score, nobody cares. No one wants a coach to tell his team not to play hard. The problem I have with Cleveland is when they are up by 50 and still full-court pressing with starters in game like they were last year against McMinn. I also don't have a problem with a coach playing starters through 3rd quarter if they have had several easy games in a row as you need girls to be in shape to play whole game. However, they shouldn't be full-court pressing and there is never a reason to have them in during 4th quarter of a 50 point game. It's just classless. If you want to defend it then that tells me all I need to know about you.

I understand you point Johnny but... if you are going to get on Cleveland for doing it you have to get on the McMinn coach for doing it also (last year) at Midway tourn. All teams where Single A teams and,,,yes, he ran the score up so what comes areound goes around. I am sure that he will bench his starters at this years Christmas tourn also.. Even the McMinn boys did it or at least that is what one of the parents said in Jackson Co. I do understand the point but still, if McMinn does it to a team why can't Cleveland do it to a team?

Sorry there hater, but I do know what I'm talking about. There is a big difference in how the large score differentials were produced. If you play all your kids and aren't full-court pressing late in game and you win by large score, nobody cares. No one wants a coach to tell his team not to play hard. The problem I have with Cleveland is when they are up by 50 and still full-court pressing with starters in game like they were last year against McMinn. I also don't have a problem with a coach playing starters through 3rd quarter if they have had several easy games in a row as you need girls to be in shape to play whole game. However, they shouldn't be full-court pressing and there is never a reason to have them in during 4th quarter of a 50 point game. It's just classless. If you want to defend it then that tells me all I need to know about you.

I agree 100% with you. that guy has no clue what he is talking about he probably does not know anything about basketball anyways.

It looks bad to run the score up, but the bottom line is that it's the other teams job to stop them. It's not the winning teams job to call the dogs off, it's the lossing teams job to stop them. The advantage of getting a lead is wasted though if the winning coach blows the chance to get some girls into a varsity game for the experience. But to be fair, I have seen some lossing teams pull their starters at the start of the forth, wait till the winning coach pulls his starters, and then throw their starters back in to try to make the score look better.

The object is to win, and at times when possible build the bench.

Beat me by 100, and it's my fault.

It is so disappointing to learn that McMinn is again playing in a A & AA Christmas tournament. The schedule has been announced and we are playing 3 AA teams that combined have won 8 games all year. We are playing in one of if not the toughest AAA district in the state and we are going to toughen ourselves up with this tourney??? Those 3 W's will look good on the coaches record though. This may be an opportunity to strengthen our bench with a lot of court time but is not going to help the starting five and Ashley.

It is so disappointing to learn that McMinn is again playing in a A & AA Christmas tournament. The schedule has been announced and we are playing 3 AA teams that combined have won 8 games all year. We are playing in one of if not the toughest AAA district in the state and we are going to toughen ourselves up with this tourney??? Those 3 W's will look good on the coaches record though. This may be an opportunity to strengthen our bench with a lot of court time but is not going to help the starting five and Ashley.

That is so true. If they was going up there just for the bench to get some playing time then I could see a little bit of it but, I know Coach Q and he will do what he did last year. He will run the score up on these teams and keep all his starters in so that they might be able to have that 1000 points in their career at McMInn. The bench players will not see the floor like they should during this time. Shame on you Coach Q. :lol:

Walker Valley is in this tourney also and did not get a strong draw either. They play Clinton according to Coacht schedule but Clinton is 1-10 and two AA teams.

It may be the teams are tired of traveling everywhere to play during the holidays and would like to play closer home and spend more time with families. If this tournament is being run by the Lenior City coach he is one of the most liked coaches in the area and would probably be hard to turn him down if he requested your participation. So could be a combination of these factors that has McMinn involved in this tournament.

Walker Valley is in this tourney also and did not get a strong draw either. They play Clinton according to Coacht schedule but Clinton is 1-10 and two AA teams.

It may be the teams are tired of traveling everywhere to play during the holidays and would like to play closer home and spend more time with families. If this tournament is being run by the Lenior City coach he is one of the most liked coaches in the area and would probably be hard to turn him down if he requested your participation. So could be a combination of these factors that has McMinn involved in this tournament.

I see your point but, There are more tourns around that a AAA school can go to besides the weak ones. besides, McMinn has went to two week ones and one was a single A school (Midway) last year. Went to another tourn in Jackson Co. Single A school. that was a overnight trip so money or time with families isn't the issue. the bottom line is this will pad the win/loss record!!