mcminn central

thebiglowboski18

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not letting pride get in the way, I am looking at this from a neutral point of view...in my oppinion, I do not believe WB has played any tougher a schedule then McMinn Central...what brought all this debate about was when GovMan said that playing WB won't be like playing all the little schools McMinn Central had been playing, almost as if to say "yall haven't played anybody yet." They beat Cleveland & McMinn on the road, 2 good AAA teams...don't get me wrong, I have a high respect for William Blount, especially after the way they lit Central up from the Arc last year...but the main one hitting those 3's was Eakins...lol, I ain't gonna lie, Central could very easliy have lost both of those games...however, I dont see William Blount doing that same thing this year...last year, William Blount lived & died by the 3 pointer against Central...that was the only reason the game was so tough was because they jacked it everytime and hit it almost everytime...This McMinn Central team is perhaps as good as last years team, perhaps...again, I believe this game will be close for a half and then in the 2nd half, Central will slowly but surely start running away with it...if it does get bad, which I don't think it will, it won't get bad til the end...

Central has had a very weak schedule so far. McMinn and Cleveland are far from being "good" teams right now. CSAS is down this year also.

I thought that girl was talkin bout McMinn County have the last laugh on McMinn Central...and McMinn Central's Gymnasium is known to everybody as The Roundhouse...a place you will come to fear when you enter it on WB's trip to McMinn Central...but Ill go ahead and say yall won't win at the Roundhouse either...and whats that lil comment about "yall would darn sure never want to be central?" I would think after all Central has done the last 6 or so years that you would kill to be where they have been and win the championships they have won...6-time Defending District Champs, 2003-2004 Region Champs, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, & 2003-2004 Sub-State Appearances & Sub-State Champions in 2001-2002 and 2003-2004...State Tournament Appearances in 2001-2002 and 2003-2004...not to mention they ended Corey Brewers high school career at The Roundhouse...match some of those accomplishments and Ill respect every word you say...until then, hush...and I don't play Im a graduate of McMinn Central, Im in college right now..Webb really isn't that good at all, feel free to prove me wrong, and Id say I have a pretty good grasp of things on this area because everything I have said thus far has been nothing short of accurate...so feel free to prove me wrong...not that you can, but feel free to try...but my prediction for the game:

McMinn Central 85

William Blount 62

Close for a half but Central runs away with it...

And there it is again, you mentioned Corey Brewer. You central people act like that was the best team in state history. They were Corey Brewer and that was it. They were not that good of a team.

I'm gonna assume you meant to say "yall won't beat Central" cause I know for darn sure we'd never want to "be Central."

Furthermore, last time I checked, the Marvin L. Boring Memorial Gymnasium, located on the beautiful campus of William Blount High School, is "very rectangular" and not "round" at all. That's where the game is.

It's sure gonna be fun to remind you of everything you've said on here after the game is over. By saying that Webb "isn't that good at all" you show that you really don't have a great grasp of high school basketball in this area.

Do you play? And if so, do you wear #8? I want to pass on this info to Jordan and to the other "nobody's" on WB's team.

I've been reading this board, and though there is much upon which I could comment, I will hold my comments to only a single brief one in reference to this particular poster's "call out" of BluNWhiteH8Tribe. If you do believe he is #8, and you do in fact "pass that info to Jordan", then Jordan will have a very difficult, if not impossible time, finding this #8. High school and college jersey numbers cannot exceed 5. Nice try.

Farragut rolls!!!!

Farragut- 74

McMinn Central- 62

It will nonetheless be an interesting game...many believe this tournament will reveal what the Central Chargers are really made of...However, from what I hear, Farragut is down this year, but as always, I predict for Central to pull it out...

Central has had a very weak schedule so far. McMinn and Cleveland are far from being "good" teams right now. CSAS is down this year also.

They are, however good competition...whether or not someone is good is irrelevant on the road (that is of course unless you are tellico, sweetwater, or sequoyah haha)...Homecourt advantage can be really huge...and while the Cleveland enviroment was not as hostile as it has been in the past, McMinn and CSAS were very hostile and Central was still victorious...that was what stood out the most to me...I will agree with you though about the schedule being weak, because for the majority, it is...

And there it is again, you mentioned Corey Brewer. You central people act like that was the best team in state history. They were Corey Brewer and that was it. They were not that good of a team.

OMG HAHA, they were led by a dude that is breaking records at the University of Florida right now and earlier you said all you have to do is faceguard him and that forces Portland to give it to somebody else or some mumbo jumbo like that...do you seriously believe that would have worked???? Portland had several other good players, and I can even name them if you wanna go into that haha....Brewer had 20 points against Central that year and was, as always, the leading scorer...and Central still won...the reason being Central did such an outstanding defensive job on those other players that it didn't hurt for Brewer to score a few points...I would say that you HAVE to be good to get to Sectionals, but then the Walker Valley team comes to mind from last year, so obviously I can't say that haha...however, take nothing away from Portland, they were outstanding that year...

I've been reading this board, and though there is much upon which I could comment, I will hold my comments to only a single brief one in reference to this particular poster's "call out" of BluNWhiteH8Tribe. If you do believe he is #8, and you do in fact "pass that info to Jordan", then Jordan will have a very difficult, if not impossible time, finding this #8. High school and college jersey numbers cannot exceed 5. Nice try.

HAHA, yeah Govman tell Jordan and all you're buddies that #8 is out for blood:thumb:

i believe corey brewer had like a 40 point avg. coming to that sub state game so tell me who on your team does that!! And if they wasnt a good team why was they playing a sub state game explain that!!

i believe corey brewer had like a 40 point avg. coming to that sub state game so tell me who on your team does that!! And if they wasnt a good team why was they playing a sub state game explain that!!

For real, and we held him to 20 points that game...the only time I have seen a team that I didn't think was good in a sub-state game was the Walker Valley mens team from a year ago...Central beat them by 18 the first match, 29 the next match, and 35 the last time they played them...they had no business in that Sub-State game against MLK, they never had a prayer...

Yeah i want you to name them. And tell me one of the players who could actually score by taking his man to the basket without any help. And don't tell me about that white guy who stood at the 3 point line and was spottin up all night.

Ok, well start with the Rodriguez kid...he was their second leading scorer, I do believe...he could score, he was a penetrator, really quick...could also shoot the 3 ball with a hand in his face...Central did a pretty good job on him...so theres one of the players that could score by taking his man to the basket...haha, not to mention Corey Brewer (but that goes without saying)...McDaniel was another good one...I don't believe hes the white kid you are talking about, but if this white kid you are talkin about that was spottin up all night and drainin them, I don't see what difference it makes cuz he was jackin them and hittin them...I remember he lit it up a few times from beyond the arc but he also penetrated as well...when he got the ball down inside, usually Brewer or Rodriguez went first and then when the man came to help, he got inside...one other kid, dangit whats his name...all I remember about the last kid is he did a very good job of gettin the ball up high and then gettin into the high post, just like Rodriguez and Brewer...my whole point Im tryin to establish is that Portland was a very good team...led by, like I said, a dude that is breaking records @ the University of Florida...I think what you are trying to say is that Portland was Corey Brewer and that was it...I understand fully where you are coming from, but I believe you are giving him too much credit for them being as good as they were...they had other good players...not just Corey...

William Blount is garbage, all yall have is Jordan Glasgow and he isn't anything special...

You can't judge teams by scores...But you are right, McMinn Central will trash WB...

y r so arrogant, u guys need to learn what it means to shut up and play the game, the same thing happened to the owls on here when they were talking infinite crap and then they came up to blunt and got beat . . .s owait and see what the j raff jordan glasgow does to ya boys . . . come to da tree outsya big dumb........

Edited by BILLYWALKINGHORSE