smyrna a threat in 06

underDawgs17

the bulldogs last year finished 3rd in the region while starting only 4 main seniors!with the fire power of the regions #1 passer sonny gray and his outstanding reciver rod wilks with others having over 500 yard reciving like crouch and martin back ad additions of jonah hendricks and TONY SHEPARDwho yall may remeber from the 04 season!maceo harris a speedy back with excellent vison along with antoin hendricks #4 who is a treat where ever he is.and a all-region should have been reuben shadrack.

smyrna will be number 1 or 2 if wilson central wins out. but for the first year i dont think riverdale will be the team they have been thats jus a opinon,

watch out for the dawgs of 06!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing out on a yr of playing time while screeching threats of coming to Oakland and also going to Riverdale.... I just don't see Shepherd being as effective as I once thought he could be. I think he is a loose cannon. I mean seriously, how many times did he quit last yr b/f Shad finally removed him? Wasn't it four? Maceo impressed me the whole season. You don't need a kid that will mess over your team like that. Trust me I know what it can do..... :ph34r:

Smyrna was clicking on all cylinders w/o that kid. They have enuff talent coming back to not tout that kid's name as being a hi-light in the returners.

You left out a kid that I was MOST impressed with against us. His name was Shadrake and I think he is a player worthy of mention.......much much more than a KID who QUIT on yall last yr......

Losing out on a yr of playing time while screeching threats of coming to Oakland and also going to Riverdale.... I just don't see Shepherd being as effective as I once thought he could be. I think he is a loose cannon. I mean seriously, how many times did he quit last yr b/f Shad finally removed him? Wasn't it four? Maceo impressed me the whole season. You don't need a kid that will mess over your team like that. Trust me I know what it can do..... :ph34r:

Smyrna was clicking on all cylinders w/o that kid. They have enuff talent coming back to not tout that kid's name as being a hi-light in the returners.

You left out a kid that I was MOST impressed with against us. His name was Shadrake and I think he is a player worthy of mention.......much much more than a KID who QUIT on yall last yr......

reuben was on my list he finished with an equal amout of tackles as willis, i agree with you about the shepard kid but as far as him quitting 4 times is a joke, he was kicked off bc he left practice early last year and he has been working out everyday seeing him come in without touching a weight and throwing up 2 plates and 22's 8 times was amazing.he can be used at inside linebacker and growing up with him since he was 7 or 8 i know what kind of player he is and coach shad knows that u can never give up on the year.and reuben is on the list of DI prospects this year remeber his name a force to recon with!!!

the bulldogs last year finished 3rd in the region while starting only 4 main seniors!with the fire power of the regions #1 passer sonny gray and his outstanding reciver rod wilks with others having over 500 yard reciving like crouch and martin back ad additions of jonah hendricks and TONY SHEPARDwho yall may remeber from the 04 season!maceo harris a speedy back with excellent vison along with antoin hendricks #4 who is a treat where ever he is.and a all-region should have been reuben shadrack.

smyrna will be number 1 or 2 if wilson central wins out. but for the first year i dont think riverdale will be the team they have been thats jus a opinon,

watch out for the dawgs of 06!!!!!

Oh PLEASE, don't overlook LaVergne's talent coming back...

I agree Smyrna will be a force next year, but I honestly think LaVergne will overpower Smyrna next year. Also, because I don't think these boys will let Smyrna beat them again. Both teams have solid offenses. Can't argue with that. How many O-linemen are the bulldogs losing? LHS's whole O-Line is coming back with an addition of good RB's..I don't have to say anything about Arod, he speaks for himself.. LaVergne's secondary is PACKED, too. So I'm sure they will try to prevent the pass. Linebackers are beasts..

So as an offseason prediction, I think the LaVergne-Smyrna score

a reasonable LHS 35 SHS 24

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Oh PLEASE, don't overlook LaVergne's talent coming back...

laverge is a good team but without mike mike and aj a-rod has no 1 chris gray broke his ankle what i heard playing backyard football and with tillery being a good back how will he do without a line like they had. defence wise u lose bather,steven noe,fisher the big dt,julian,aj,who else made the plays but this bunch,and players from lavergne has transfered to smyrna his name is antoin i think he was a rb last year at lavergne but they wont be the same team as this year

laverge is a good team but without mike mike and aj a-rod has no 1 chris gray broke his ankle what i heard playing backyard football and with tillery being a good back how will he do without a line like they had. defence wise u lose bather,steven noe,fisher the big dt,julian,aj,who else made the plays but this bunch,and players from lavergne has transfered to smyrna his name is antoin i think he was a rb last year at lavergne but they wont be the same team as this year

Have you seen Randall Tillery play? I guarantee he gets 1,250 next year. Chris told me he would be more than 100% ready when the season starts, and it was his fibula that he broke, so his ankle is ok. He will take Mike Mike's spot next year. And the way he treated yall last year( 4c. 148yds 2TD), he's looking for more..plus Garrison, Gardener, and Foster(fr.) will have to step up..

Back to Randall, how will he do without a line? The ENTIRE O-Line is coming back.

Now the weakest spot right now is the Dline, but we have additions like Zarate, Koks, and the recruit Smyrna tried to take, Jarvis Hicks..now yall know what he can do..

Who else made plays on defense?

LB Powers led the team in tackles

MLB Whetstone ran defense and was in top 5 in tackles

LB Williams Top 5 in tackles

CB/FS Williams compared to John Lynch, hits hard, good speed, 3 INT's

CB Bather tied with 1st in interceptions on the team, and only played 5 games.

CB Phillips 1 INT but a lot of tackles

CB Pruitt 1 INT for a TD

DE Ukwu, started all year, and will grow to be good, very long..6'5

Have you seen Randall Tillery play? I guarantee he gets 1,250 next year. Chris told me he would be more than 100% ready when the season starts, and it was his fibula that he broke, so his ankle is ok. He will take Mike Mike's spot next year. And the way he treated yall last year( 4c. 148yds 2TD), he's looking for more..plus Garrison, Gardener, and Foster(fr.) will have to step up..

Back to Randall, how will he do without a line? The ENTIRE O-Line is coming back.

Now the weakest spot right now is the Dline, but we have additions like Zarate, Koks, and the recruit Smyrna tried to take, Jarvis Hicks..now yall know what he can do..

Who else made plays on defense?

LB Powers led the team in tackles

MLB Whetstone ran defense and was in top 5 in tackles

LB Williams Top 5 in tackles

CB/FS Williams compared to John Lynch, hits hard, good speed, 3 INT's

CB Bather tied with 1st in interceptions on the team, and only played 5 games.

CB Phillips 1 INT but a lot of tackles

CB Pruitt 1 INT for a TD

DE Ukwu, started all year, and will grow to be good, very long..6'5

first of all we didnt recruit jarvus he wanted to go here because he has more of his friends over here that he grew up playin with and i played with jarus since ccc plus his cousins are at smyrna and his mom wanted him at lavergne and his dad wanted him at smyrna but since they arnt together the court gave his mom custody.and if u ask him to this day he wants to be at smyrna.

now on to ppl that have to step up garrison runs like a 4.8-9 40 i am sry that wont do nothing,and if yalls d-backs a packed i belive little justin is starting at corner miss match aginst rod lol,and his brother is gone,tillery is a good back 5'6 and has speed i wont take that away but smyrna wont give him no room to run. this year lavergne team wont be as good as last year and that is that to many key players are gone to the offence and defence plus smyrna was all juniors and sophmores last year and we lose 2 lineman smo and sanchez.

first of all we didnt recruit jarvus he wanted to go here because he has more of his friends over here that he grew up playin with and i played with jarus since ccc plus his cousins are at smyrna and his mom wanted him at lavergne and his dad wanted him at smyrna but since they arnt together the court gave his mom custody.and if u ask him to this day he wants to be at smyrna.

now on to ppl that have to step up garrison runs like a 4.8-9 40 i am sry that wont do nothing,and if yalls d-backs a packed i belive little justin is starting at corner miss match aginst rod lol,and his brother is gone,tillery is a good back 5'6 and has speed i wont take that away but smyrna wont give him no room to run. this year lavergne team wont be as good as last year and that is that to many key players are gone to the offence and defence plus smyrna was all juniors and sophmores last year and we lose 2 lineman smo and sanchez.

DefenSe*

OffenSe* s not c

and how are we losing too many key players? we are only losing 8 SR. starters...5 key

example why we will beat Smyrna..

You say because we are losing Mike,..... Mike had 1 catch for 8yds against Smyrna. AJ had only about 40-50yds. Yall only beat us by 2 points. Smyrna's defense is NO GOOD, quinten allen, josh day, and shadracke are the only one's that come to mind. NO SECONDARY, whether Garrison runs a 4.8 or not, he can catch, and obviously Smyrna can't stop the spread so he will be open plenty. Ya'll aint messin with Arod either, he's too quick.

Can we have someone elses opinion on this thread?

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Guest mattmom

Can you please tell me what sophomore-soon to be juniors Smyrna have?

Besides

QB Sonny

WR Rod

DL Quentin

LB Josh

WR Martin

to our

RB Tillery

WR Gray

WR Gardener

LB Whetstone

LB Williams

DE Ukwu

CB Bather

FS Williams

OL Bryant

may I add that everyone i just named started last year..

Rofrano

King

Martin

Craig

Williams

Montgomery

Frazier(?)-maybe

Eady(will be Sophomore)

Spence

Please do not forget that I did mention all the returning Jrs. who will be Srs. I did say that these Sophomores will be ready to step up. If you played Middle School Ball, you should remember that these guys were unbeaten until Wilson Central their Freshman year. Also, isn't the Gray/Wilkes connection your Achilles HeaL?

Rofrano

King

Martin

Craig

Williams

Montgomery

Frazier(?)-maybe

Eady(will be Sophomore)

Spence

Please do not forget that I did mention all the returning Jrs. who will be Srs. I did say that these Sophomores will be ready to step up. If you played Middle School Ball, you should remember that these guys were unbeaten until Wilson Central their Freshman year. Also, isn't the Gray/Wilkes connection your Achilles HeaL?

All the people you named are not Varsity material, yet....obviously, seeing I haven't heard of anybody you named.

All the guys I named has had a taste of..trying to rebuild a program, having a winning season, and the feel of being in the playoffs....

This isn't middle school ball, nor freshman ball... LaVergne's 08 class is way ahead of Smyrna's 08 class, overall..

Not once I've said Smyrna isn't going to be good, but not as good as LaVergne for the next 2 years...