Siegel at Willis Valley Shoot Out

StarsPres

Siegel (56-54) in a nail biter on a last second shot to Eufala. Heard it was a great effort by the Stars.

That's true, Eufaula, held TJ to 0 points the first half, but Morgan Faulkner lit them up the first half for 11 or so points, TJ go her 11 or so the second half. Had a chance to win the game with around 8 sec to play, drove to the basket after making a steal, coach thought she was foul intentional but no call was made, Eufuala rebounds goes the length of the floor and scores , leaving .4 seconds left in the game, Siegel tries a half court that falls short. Game over. I knew it would be a great ball game from start to finish. Siegel held a lead at the half by 9. Eufaula went on a run to start the second half ( 11-0) Siegel never trail by no more than 3 or so points. They will play for 3rd place tomorrow around 3:00 . Good Luck Lady Stars.

Wow!!! Two 2 point losses and one 5 and one 4. I understand this was a very good team with a very good post player(players). Siegel post players must have played very well. As with any young team, Siegel will need to work on two minute drills at the end of the game as 3 of the 4 losses were losses at that time or in the last quarter. They have also won some in the last few minutes also. Eufaula was the team 6th in the state of Alabama. Lets win tomorrow and get ready for the Stars Classic on Tuesday. There are some great teams there also.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! Two 2 point losses and one 5 and one 4. I understand this was a very good team with a very good post player(players). Siegel post players must have played very well. As with any young team, Siegel will need to work on two minute drills at the end of the game as 3 of the 4 losses were losses at that time or in the last quarter. They have also won some in the last few minutes also. Eufaula was the team 6th in the state of Alabama. Lets win tomorrow and get ready for the Stars Classic on Tuesday. There are some great teams there also.

Lucky- Carrie Parott must have played very well. She scored 12 and it looks as if she is back on her game. Danielle Spurlock while not up to her scoring, I am sure played very well also and was a factor on the boards. From what I heard from Euphaula, the Siegel defense must have done a good job. Siegel scored a lot the first half and were shut down the second half. Euphaula must have adjusted at halftime because it was just the opposite.

'PHargis' date='Dec 22 2005 - 08:05 PM'

Lucky- Carrie Parott must have played very well. She scored 12 and it looks as if she is back on her game. Danielle Spurlock while not up to her scoring, I am sure played very well also and was a factor on the boards. From what I heard from Euphaula, the Siegel defense must have done a good job. Siegel scored a lot the first half and were shut down the second half. Euphaula must have adjusted at halftime because it was just the opposite.

Siegel was scouted on day one (10 am game)they knew TJ was to go to girl, so she was shut down from the start. They figured Morgan was getting her points cause the other Lady Stars were also , and the team they were playing was not that good. But, what they did not know that Morgan is also a key scorer on this team also ( outside threat) .So, at the half they had to pick their poison ( TJ / Morgan ) at this point they were losing by nine and they could'nt afford to let Morgan keep raining 3's and they get farther behind. So, the adjustment will be...Let Jones (TJ) get her points but she going to have to work for them,with that said, keep in mind that she's a competior and she's gonna press harder to get into the flow of the game and keep the team from losing if it ever gets close. She had a mental note " I have not scored all game". What she fail to realize was that they were still winning without her scoring. This is one of those games they help you grow as a team. In my opinion, this is why coaches elect to play these Holiday tournaments ,so that teams can experience highs and lows and these young ladies won't have to sit around for a week looking at Mom and Dad and not touching a basketball for over a week. This team is very talented. I look for them to go deeper into district play if not the region play.

'PHargis' date='Dec 22 2005 - 08:05 PM'

Siegel was scouted on day one (10 am game)they knew TJ was to go to girl, so she was shut down from the start. They figured Morgan was getting her points cause the other Lady Stars were also , and the team they were playing was not that good. But, what they did not know that Morgan is also a key scorer on this team also ( outside threat) .So, at the half they had to pick their poison ( TJ / Morgan ) at this point they were losing by nine and they could'nt afford to let Morgan keep raining 3's and they get farther behind. So, the adjustment will be...Let Jones (TJ) get her points but she going to have to work for them,with that said, keep in mind that she's a competior and she's gonna press harder to get into the flow of the game and keep the team from losing if it ever gets close. She had a mental note " I have not scored all game". What she fail to realize was that they were still winning without her scoring. This is one of those games they help you grow as a team. In my opinion, this is why coaches elect to play these Holiday tournaments ,so that teams can experience highs and lows and these young ladies won't have to sit around for a week looking at Mom and Dad and not touching a basketball for over a week. This team is very talented. I look for them to go deeper into district play if not the region play.

Lucky, that is a very good explanation of what might have happened and the mental aspect of the team. I think you are right that this game helped to team grow. The team is better now. Understand that this team wins as a team and it loses as a team. That is the nature of this team. It plays together. If anyone gets off page or gets off the strategey coach Bush and his staff lays out, it is not as good. The team has to believe in itself and believe in each other to win. There is so much talent on this team. About everyone plays AAU and are serious competitors and students of the game. No one person can win a game. They can lead by instilling and helping each other to do their best eiither by scoring points, making assists, rebounding, making good passes, finding the open player, running good plays, making good screens, etc. Doing just one of these things or two does not help the team but the whole team trying its best to help each other does and makes complete players and for those watching the game, makes them admire the team. Many times, the best player of a game may not necessarily be the one who scores the most points but the one whose all around game leads to being involved in the scoring or the win. Coach Bush, I am sure, recognizes what happened. He and the staff were there. This is not an inexperienced staff. This is not an inexperienced team. They need to believe in themself and need to believe in each other. GO STARS.ui

Hey guys, congratulations on a big win over a highly ranked team.

We need a big favor up here in little ol' upper northeast tennessee. We can't seem to buy a ballscore from the Wills Valley Shootout, where our beloved Daniel Boone Lady Trailblazers are playing. I know from a cell phone call, that they lost the 1st game quite handily, but haven't been able to get a word since. Nothing on the web that I can find.

If you can give us any info as we go along, we would GREATLY appreciate it!

Hey guys, congratulations on a big win over a highly ranked team.

We need a big favor up here in little ol' upper northeast tennessee. We can't seem to buy a ballscore from the Wills Valley Shootout, where our beloved Daniel Boone Lady Trailblazers are playing. I know from a cell phone call, that they lost the 1st game quite handily, but haven't been able to get a word since. Nothing on the web that I can find.

If you can give us any info as we go along, we would GREATLY appreciate it!

You know, 22Luckystar, has a direct line into the Tournament,in fact, to the floor. I am not there and do not have access but i am sure Lucky can ask the next time the communications are made. There has to be somewhere that the scores are being called in to. Might be Chattanooga or Birmingham newspaper. Boone, hope you won yeterday and I didn't mean to take over your thread on ankle injuries but it sure has had some interest and I had some interest in injury prevention the way the proliferation of injuries was occuring and still is occuring. I don't know where the posters are coming from but there seem to be some top notch people who know what they are talking about on the site. You starting the thread makes me think you are one too. Thanks for starting it.

You know, 22Luckystar, has a direct line into the Tournament,in fact, to the floor. I am not there and do not have access but i am sure Lucky can ask the next time the communications are made. There has to be somewhere that the scores are being called in to. Might be Chattanooga or Birmingham newspaper. Boone, hope you won yeterday and I didn't mean to take over your thread on ankle injuries but it sure has had some interest and I had some interest in injury prevention the way the proliferation of injuries was occuring and still is occuring. I don't know where the posters are coming from but there seem to be some top notch people who know what they are talking about on the site. You starting the thread makes me think you are one too. Thanks for starting it.

Lucky, was there a game today?

PHargis' date='Dec 23 2005 - 04:21 PM' post='825881417']

Siegel played GPS (Girls Prep School), Chattanooga area today. They were behind at the half by one. Siegel out sized them, but they were pesky group of ladies,somewhat like DCA was last year at our Christmas Tournament. The final score was 56-50. Kristen Seigenthaler sank 6 free throws in the closing minutes of the game. Once again the Lady Stars had a 8-10 point lead at one point of the game and lost it. But ,great coaching over rule bad plays and the Lady Stars prevail in the end. The post players responed in this game, finally know they had the advanage. Do not have all of the players points at this time,but know that TJ Jones led all scores with 21. She was also up for ALL-Tournament. Don't know this for sure, just pure speculation. They learn a lot on this trip and they grew a lot as a team.

PHargis' date='Dec 23 2005 - 04:21 PM' post='825881417']

Siegel played GPS (Girls Prep School), Chattanooga area today. They were behind at the half by one. Siegel out sized them, but they were pesky group of ladies,somewhat like DCA was last year at our Christmas Tournament. The final score was 56-50. Kristen Seigenthaler sank 6 free throws in the closing minutes of the game. Once again the Lady Stars had a 8-10 point lead at one point of the game and lost it. But ,great coaching over rule bad plays and the Lady Stars prevail in the end. The post players responed in this game, finally know they had the advanage. Do not have all of the players points at this time,but know that TJ Jones led all scores with 21. She was also up for ALL-Tournament. Don't know this for sure, just pure speculation. They learn a lot on this trip and they grew a lot as a team.

Lucky, keep the good news coming in.

Lucky, keep the good news coming in.

Congrats to the Siegel Stars in coming in 3rd place in the competitive Ft. Payne classic. They were only beaten by Euphaula who eventually won the tournament and is the 6th place team in Alabama. The team, while trying to maintain some consistancy, played better and stronger and it appeared that most of the injury recovery is in the past. TJ Jones led the team again with 21 and KSig converted 6 free throws down the stretch and the Stars won 55-50. While the Stars went to this tournament to win it, their play was more than satisfactory and now here comes the Siegel Stars Classic which is quickly becoming one of the Premier Tournaments in Middle Tennessee. With the addition of Ft. Paayne which came in second in their tournament and the great team out of Ohio plus last years winner of the tournament, DCA, this years games are exciting from every angle. have a safe trip home STARS and take a few days off.