Brentwood Academy vs St Patrick Celtics

mas1821

Listen man if you are telling me that the only reason were going to be ranked or think brentwood academy is only on the radar because of Brandan Wright you are obviously wrong.... If you have forgotten let me remind you that we won the City of Palms tournament with the #3 team in the nation, #1 public school in New York, and a very talented PA team. Brandan Wright is not all of Brentwood Academys team. He did not score all the points. We have another Division 1 signee in Joshua Bone and maybe 2 coming out of the Junior Class in Brian Wright and Brandon Brown.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: HELLO THATS WHY U PLAY THE GAME shelbyville won that night yeah they will probably get ranked but only because of wright if he was mid-major prospect BA would get no ranking i was their has a neutral spectator that night and the better won the only reason people think BA is better is because of brandan wright its arrogant and idiotic when people bragg that their better then the team that beat them if their was you wouldn't know the outcome unless U PLAY THE GAME

Based on the one game that you saw BA play, you should have the opinion that you have. It is your decision to post your opinion of BA's 2005-06 team based on the first game of the season for BA that you witnessed. It is a good thing that you are "neutral". :thumb:

Listen man if you are telling me that the only reason were going to be ranked or think brentwood academy is only on the radar because of Brandan Wright you are obviously wrong.... If you have forgotten let me remind you that we won the City of Palms tournament with the #3 team in the nation, #1 public school in New York, and a very talented PA team. Brandan Wright is not all of <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>s team. He did not score all the points. We have another Division 1 signee in Joshua Bone and maybe 2 coming out of the Junior Class in Brian Wright and Brandon Brown.

Hmmm He may not of scored all of the points but 45% to 50% of the points coming from him pretty much all the games I have seen boxscores from and go ahead a correct me if I am wrong on that. Teams will go ahead a let him get his and then keep everyone else from getting 10 or more and that might spell trouble. Not trying to take anything away from BA, they are great, but when your leading scorer avg is 25-35 a game or whatever and the next is around 10-12, theres not a doubt i would let him get his and shut down everyone else. And come on the younger wright and brown D-1 prospects we shall see but i dont think so.

obviously shelbyville is really good to be ba and some of the other teams they played but to say they are better than ba i don't know. unlike football, basketball is a strange sport and teams that are a slight underdog usually have a pretty good chance of winning. when shelbyville loses to someone they are better than this year maybe because of a poor shooting night or a just a hot night by the other team I think most people with a little basketball knowledge will say hey they had a bad night but are the better team. it is what u do for the entire season on a night in and night out basis against good teams that determines how good u are.

Hmmm He may not of scored all of the points but 45% to 50% of the points coming from him pretty much all the games I have seen boxscores from and go ahead a correct me if I am wrong on that. Teams will go ahead a let him get his and then keep everyone else from getting 10 or more and that might spell trouble. Not trying to take anything away from BA, they are great, but when your leading scorer avg is 25-35 a game or whatever and the next is around 10-12, theres not a doubt i would let him get his and shut down everyone else. And come on the younger wright and brown D-1 prospects we shall see but i dont think so.

Brandan typically scores in the low to mid 20's. Josh Bone is generally

in the 16 to 18 range. No doubt they share the scoring load. However,

what you are missing is the strong rebounding and defense of Brandon

Brown and Brian Wright as well as the ability of Bill Kottas to bring the

ball up the floor against intense pressure.

It's not all about the point production. I have had the opportunity to see

the "team" perform against the best Kentucky has to offer and some of the

best in the nation. Brandan is a great player but BA could not have beaten

Episcopal for the City of Palms championship without the combined talents

of Kottas, Brian Wright and especially Brandon Brown.

Keep an eye on the box scores and you will begin to see the scoring averages

level out. Brandon Brown will consistently be in the 10 to 12 range as will

Brian Wright. Brandan Wright will settle in the low 20's and Josh in the

high teens.

As I have said in other posts, Brandan scores whatever he needs to score

for BA to win. If teams try to focus on Brandan by collapsing multiple

players in the middle, then others pick up the scoring load.

Jek, I could not agree more with your post about BA and their ability to play as a team. The other players on the team are carrying their load and all doing the little things to win, but don't tell yourself that BA would be were they are right now the topic of basketball conversation without Brandon Wright. I think without Wright BA would still be one of the teams to beat in Division II, but in my opinion they would not be on top in the state and winning the National games. Brandon Wright is the real deal in the state of Tennesse and BA would not be the team they are right now without him.

Jek, I could not agree more with your post about BA and their ability to play as a team. The other players on the team are carrying their load and all doing the little things to win, but don't tell yourself that BA would be were they are right now the topic of basketball conversation without Brandon Wright. I think without Wright BA would still be one of the teams to beat in Division II, but in my opinion they would not be on top in the state and winning the National games. Brandon Wright is the real deal in the state of Tennesse and BA would not be the team they are right now without him.

I agree - what the heck?!?! No need to make apologies or excuses for Brandan. He is a student and player on BA's team. It's not like we are taking unfair advantage.

I think we would still be the top team in D2 without Brandan. However, we wold be hard pressed to compete on a national level without him.

I agree - what the heck?!?! No need to make apologies or excuses for Brandan. He is a student and player on BA's team. It's not like we are taking unfair advantage.

I think we would still be the top team in D2 without Brandan. However, we wold be hard pressed to compete on a national level without him.

Thanks USA1 for understanding my point. Very good team representing the state well around the Nation, but I didnt want Mr. Wright's accomplishments to be downplayed, because someone thought they would do the same without him. I hope they do well through out the season.

Edited by lovetowrestle

By no stretch of the imagination am I naive to think that BA would be

nationally ranked or be one of the top three teams in the state without

Brandan and Josh. My point was to highlight the fact that there is a

core group of five additional players that make them a national

caliber team.

BA won't be a nationally ranked team next year but will still be one

of the top teams in Tennessee. Frankly, they will be the team to beat in DII

this year as well as the next two. As long as this year's crop of juniors

stay healthy, they will be one of the top ten in Tennessee next year.