Brentwood Academy vs St Patrick Celtics

mas1821

What a superb effort tonight. George Pitts has created a machine. I'm proud to see BA get some national recognition, especially the non-nationally ranked players on the team. David Harrison and Quinton Thompson were a tough center-guard duo, but BA never even won state during their tenure because the Eagles lacked players who could effectively complement the duo's exploits. During the past four years, BA has relied not only on its stars, but also on six or seven "role players." They've come through time and time again, only this time they're coming through on the national level.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ifs and buts and candy and nuts the bottom line is they did on that given night They did beat a quality team in BA so thats why they are there and its not like thats the only good team they have beat. Look I am not ignorant enough to think that those teams are at the level of BA opponents, but they have taken care of business and if you look at the schedules rankings on here BA is #1 and look who is #2. Enough Said.

Edited by jrm2x

ifs and buts and candy and nuts the bottom line is they did on that given night They did beat a quality team in BA so thats why they are there and its not like thats the only good team they have beat. Look I am not ignorant enough to think that those teams are at the level of BA opponents, but they have taken care of business and if you look at the schedules rankings on here BA is #1 and look who is #2. Enough Said.

Okay..Okay, if Shelbyville would have gone to the City of Palms tournament they would have been the champions because of all of their "studs" and the best BA could have hoped for is runner-up.

We all respect Shelbyville, so can we cut the "no respect paranoia"?

Edited by Batts

Okay..Okay, if Shelbyville would have gone to the City of Palms tournament they would have been the champions because of all of their "studs" and the best BA could have hoped for is runner-up.

We all respect Shelbyville, so can we cut the "no respect paranoia"?

Did I say that Shelbyville would go down there and do that no. Dont put words in my mouth. I did not even say they would beat BA if they played again but I am sure it would be another close game like before. All I am saying and I'll say it again because apparently some people are not wanting to read my post all the way through is that on the given night Shelbyville got the chance they took advantage of it. The first team in TN in what 3 years. ;)

Edited by jrm2x

The bottom line is that Shelbyville was the better team that night... it was truly an upset though... upsets happen all the time in every sport played... i will make the statement now though Brentwood Academy is a better team than Shelbyville's team... in the City of Palm's tournament having maybe the best 2 guard duo in the nation with Ellington and Henderson could not get it done so i think if Ba were to play Shelbyville again right now it would be a totally different outcome... the only people in the country that think Shelbyville is a better team is the people from Shelbyville... on January 10 you will see Brentwood Academy sitting pretty in the Top 25 polls according to USA Today.

The bottom line is that Shelbyville was the better team that night... it was truly an upset though... upsets happen all the time in every sport played... i will make the statement now though <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> is a better team than Shelbyville's team... in the City of Palm's tournament having maybe the best 2 guard duo in the nation with Ellington and Henderson could not get it done so i think if Ba were to play Shelbyville again right now it would be a totally different outcome... the only people in the country that think Shelbyville is a better team is the people from Shelbyville... on January 10 you will see <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> sitting pretty in the Top 25 polls according to USA Today.

Here again thats what i am saying and your acting like all these things have not been said and they have. The outcome may be different but it would not be a blow out. BA may be the better team, but like i said many times on here all they can do is take advantage of the oppurtunities in front of you and they did. BTW the people in Shelbyville think that because guess what they beat BA head to head fair and square. But they are not dumb enough to think they could not be beat by BA. It was two evenly matched teams and that was how the people from Shelbyville think my friend so dont assume that you know what they think since you probably dont live there :thumb:

Here again thats what i am saying and your acting like all these things have not been said and they have. The outcome may be different but it would not be a blow out. BA may be the better team, but like i said many times on here all they can do is take advantage of the oppurtunities in front of you and they did. BTW the people in Shelbyville think that because guess what they beat BA head to head fair and square. But they are not dumb enough to think they could not be beat by BA. It was two evenly matched teams and that was how the people from Shelbyville think my friend so dont assume that you know what they think since you probably dont live there :thumb:

Good post. All a team can do is win a game when it's played, and Shelbyville did. All the rest is " woofin' ".

Congrats to BA for representing Tennessee. We might argue back and forth about the best team in the state, but we have some of the best highschool basketball in the nation right here in this state. We are filling D-1 programs up with quality starters not just players. I look forward to seeing all the high profile games gowing on this year.

The bottom line is that Shelbyville was the better team that night... it was truly an upset though... upsets happen all the time in every sport played... i will make the statement now though <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> is a better team than Shelbyville's team... in the City of Palm's tournament having maybe the best 2 guard duo in the nation with Ellington and Henderson could not get it done so i think if Ba were to play Shelbyville again right now it would be a totally different outcome... the only people in the country that think Shelbyville is a better team is the people from Shelbyville... on January 10 you will see <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> sitting pretty in the Top 25 polls according to USA Today.

:thumb: HELLO THATS WHY U PLAY THE GAME shelbyville won that night yeah they will probably get ranked but only because of wright if he was mid-major prospect BA would get no ranking i was their has a neutral spectator that night and the better won the only reason people think BA is better is because of brandan wright its arrogant and idiotic when people bragg that their better then the team that beat them if their was you wouldn't know the outcome unless U PLAY THE GAME