AP polls

swanson71

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per my talks with Teresa Walker last month there are No Associated Press polls for basketball this year.

Additionally, there will be no AP All-State teams for basketball, just like there were no teams for Football.

The Tennessee Sports Writers Association (TSWA) will handle the All-State teams.

I find the move, especially for the All-State teams to be a big downer. For the AP, if you have a kid deserving of some honor, but wouldn't make a first or second team in the state, they could be nominated and receive an "Associated Press Honorable Mention"

The TSWA just does a 1st and 2nd team.

Per my talks with Teresa Walker last month there are No Associated Press polls for basketball this year.

Additionally, there will be no AP All-State teams for basketball, just like there were no teams for Football.

The Tennessee Sports Writers Association (TSWA) will handle the All-State teams.

I find the move, especially for the All-State teams to be a big downer. For the AP, if you have a kid deserving of some honor, but wouldn't make a first or second team in the state, they could be nominated and receive an "Associated Press Honorable Mention"

So there won't be no ap polls...did I get that about striaght??

Yep, No AP Polls.

They really were meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

You hear of west-coast and east-coast biases in college football. Well at least those college football games are televised. Most Prep AP voters were stuck reading scores, or in some instances the AP Wire movement of Prep Scores.

Which pretty much made them very inaccurate.

With West TN members voting for their teams out there, and Middle TN and East TN voters doing likewise.

Still a fun addition to the season, and matchups none-the-less.

I'm really sorry to hear about the AP's decision concerning the polls and All-State teams. Just another move in the wrong direction if you ask me. I really think the honorable mention thing was good for the kids and their schools, but what do I know -- I'm just a fan of high school sports. Hopefully those who make the decisions will reconsider their mistake.

There are many factors, including I am sure, the lack of participation even during football season, which is widely regarded as the most popular prep sport.

I am guessing some of the voters involved got tired of hearing the fact that their time and efforts were useless, beats me.

I was upset that players of the week were cut out and I am very upset that they decided to cut out the basketball polls totally. Perhaps, the powers that be will re-vamp things for next year and do something to get voters more involved.

There are many factors, including I am sure, the lack of participation even during football season, which is widely regarded as the most popular prep sport.

I am guessing some of the voters involved got tired of hearing the fact that their time and efforts were useless, beats me.

I was upset that players of the week were cut out and I am very upset that they decided to cut out the basketball polls totally. Perhaps, the powers that be will re-vamp things for next year and do something to get voters more involved.

At least have all-state teams, I say.

I like the Football Player of the Week myself, but thats been gone for a year, or maybe two.

The Polls were just a popularity poll of the voters region and the legacy of the teams on the other side of the state and word of mouth, mostly, unless the voter did research.