Tri-County Seven Week of 25 December

krichunaka

1) Elizabethton Very talented. Did week off Heal more than Rust?

2) Unicoi County Inside Out Game Improving.

3) Cloudland Developing Inside Game. Great Guard Talent.

4) Happy Valley A Powerful Post Player. Can Unaka Compete with them?

5) Hampton Will Lady 'Landers March on Murfreesboro?

6) Unaka Actually Improving with each Loss. You'll see.

7) Johnson County Need more games. Great Sophomore Guard.

Lady Cyclones and Lady Highlanders will see some good ones at Lees McRae this week.

Though only one-and-two, a very good tournament for the Lady Rangers as they faced their three best opponents to date. Happy Valley looms.

Edited by krichunaka

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great wizard of the creek, have to disagree (which I like to do) with you on some of your rankings.

1. Elizabethton (will remain number one)

2. Happy Valley (need to develop constant guard play to remain)

3. Unicoi County (improving rapidly)

4. Cloudland (will they ever play anyone)(know they might in tournament)

5. Unaka (hanging on by a thread)

6. Hampton (need to see some more play)

7. Johnson County (have seen all I need to see)

Edited by screenandroll

1. Cyclones

2. Unicoi

3. Happy Valley

4. Cloudland

5. Hampton

6. Unaka

7. Johnson Co.

Cloudland has a chance to move up this week. Unicoi and Unaka had up and down weeks while EHS, HV and Hampton didnt play. I keep Unicoi number two cause their only loss of the week came against previously undefeated Heritage. Cloudland may have been better off practicing rather than playing who they played.

1) Elizabethton Very talented. Did week off Heal more than Rust?

2) Unicoi County Inside Out Game Improving.

3) Cloudland Developing Inside Game. Great Guard Talent.

4) Happy Valley A Powerful Post Player. Can Unaka Compete with them?

5) Hampton Will Lady 'Landers March on Murfreesboro?

6) Unaka Actually Improving with each Loss. You'll see.

7) Johnson County Need more games. Great Sophomore Guard.

Lady Cyclones and Lady Highlanders will see some good ones at Lees McRae this week.

Though only one-and-two, a very good tournament for the Lady Rangers as they faced their three best opponents to date. Happy Valley looms.

My rankings are the same as Krich's!

Screenandroll,

I have to agree with my new friend Izi, drop the schedule comments. According to the CoachT rankings, we are playing a tougher schedule than Unaka, and we all give it up to Hampton. You and I agreed that Tri-Cities Christian was a waste of time, so was Providence Academy, although they have a little better team. However, the girls were scheduled to play them because the boys were. Not the girls fault.

I have put up our scores on the schedule page, with the exception of the Mitchell Co game, which I'll add tomorrow after the page is updated to show the game.

Look closely at the games to date, we have played and beaten four AAA teams (Cherokee, Sullivan East, Crockett, and TN High). We played and lost to Mitchell County NC, a very good team that also beat Elizabethton.

We have also played five AA teams. We beat Johnson Co. twice, and Chuckey-Doak once. We lost to Unicoi and South Greene.

We are playing in at least two of the same tournaments as Elizabethton, and could end up playing them next week.

Yes, I would like to see us play the toughest schedule in the state, but we aren't this year. Please, leave the schedule thing alone.

The Highlander

I know everyone can read, and you are capable of looking up the strength rankings on your own, but I thought I'd put them here in an easy to compare format for the Tri-County schools.

Hampton 18

Cloudland 71

Unaka 77

Johnson Co. 22

Elizabethton 58

Happy Valley 70

Unicoi Co. 74

Yes, these are going to change every time the site is updated, but it is current as of this morning. These are also not entirely comparable due to the schools being A and AA. Perhaps we shouldn't be so rough on Hampton and Johnson Co.?

The Highlander

Though it was pointed out that coaches have free hand in determining their out-of-conference schedules, there's something to be said about the guys and gals participating in the same invitational tournaments. Unaka has been to the Pickett County Classic each of the past few Thanksgivings, which essentially nulls their opportunity to play the Lady Cyclones. But it seems to have been an overall good experience. You get a true sense of what a road game is.

We're working toward, and may soon have a local-flavor tournament, but with the obvious risk that some teams will face conference opponents. The simplest course of action would be that EHS and UHS start to play again; and Coach Weems seems open to at least considering such an endeavor.

In the meantime, almost everybody will play almost everybody. EHS and UHS will eventually work things out as well.

Coachh17,

I got the final two scores on the 'Lander schedule a few minutes ago. I also added the Haysi game tomorrow, and I'll update things either tomorrow night after the game, or early Wednesday morning (depending on how late I get home!).

Good luck to all the area teams playing in tournaments this week.

The Highlander