Dragon Fire Invitational

QueenBee

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into the tournament Kirby had to be the favorite; but they played uninspired. In every game that I saw them play they actually played like they would rather be somewhere else. An impressive Central team overpowered Smith County for 3rd place. (Smith County had an off night shooting and except for # 12 couldn't match up with Central's athletes). But Smith County was one of the best in the tourney. Byhalia deserved to win the championship. They had better athletes, and made the plays when it counted. I don't believe they had the best team in the tournament, but they are a solid team. Top five teams, I believe, would be Byhalia, Bartlett, Central, Smith County, and Whte Station. Kirby has some solid ball players, but what I saw from them as a team disappointed me.

Some of the players who made all tournament: Byhalia:#31 Brandy Faine, MVP; # 21 Ashley Wilson; #14 ? (? means I don't remember her name; not I don't think she should have been selected on the all tourney team :thumb: ) Bartlett: Ashley Herring, Jasmine James, Nikki Thompson; Central: #4, # 30 (don't know names); Smith County #12, #20; Other notables; Alexis Givends, Kirby, Brittany Johnson, Bolton. Several others, but I forgot who they were.

Going into the tournament Kirby had to be the favorite; but they played uninspired. In every game that I saw them play they actually played like they would rather be somewhere else. An impressive Central team overpowered Smith County for 3rd place. (Smith County had an off night shooting and except for # 12 couldn't match up with Central's athletes). But Smith County was one of the best in the tourney. Byhalia deserved to win the championship. They had better athletes, and made the plays when it counted. I don't believe they had the best team in the tournament, but they are a solid team. Top five teams, I believe, would be Byhalia, Bartlett, Central, Smith County, and Whte Station. Kirby has some solid ball players, but what I saw from them as a team disappointed me.

Some of the players who made all tournament: Byhalia:#31 Brandy Faine, MVP; # 21 Ashley Wilson; #14 ? (? means I don't remember her name; not I don't think she should have been selected on the all tourney team :lol: ) Bartlett: Ashley Herring, Jasmine James, Nikki Thompson; Central: #4, # 30 (don't know names); Smith County #12, #20; Other notables; Alexis Givends, Kirby, Brittany Johnson, Bolton. Several others, but I forgot who they were.

Thanx, hedgehog. I agree with you on Kirby. That's what I saw to. They have so much talent on that team but it looks like not much want to. They might turn it on now with district starting up. With their district, they better. No weak teams.

One other team I thought was impressive was Marion. They took Smith County to overtime.