Lenoir City Christmas Classic

haterofstupidity

TonyMontanna,

I made a special trip just to see your team play against a undersized Lenoir City team. I went up to see WV play today and left about 3 and came back to see what I am missing. I have to say one thing. You guys know how to keep it close with a team that is not as good. I think they where even ahead most of the game. Oh, I did see some great passes in the stands. One almost hit me in the 5th roll of the stands. Great passing!!!!! If McMinn looks this good I can't wait till you guys play us.

What is it with 18 on the bench? Is that a good way to make money by selling some type of raffle tickets, more you have to sell them the more money you make. lol. You have to say that your coach is the best boys coach McMinn has. Oh, he is the only one. lol. Keep up the great work the boys team might make it out of the district....... :lol:

I do wish WV would've went to another tourn. This one is so weak.. Next time you guys play remember. Pass it to your player, he isn't in the stands!!!!!!!! lol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that McMinn-LC game. LC stayed real close--even had the lead in the 3rd--until they went brain-dead over about a 3-minute span.

Now, I'm an LC guy, and I don't want to knock my kids, but I couldn't figure out why McMinn's offense didn't do better. Your kids looked like good players. But they seemed uncomfortable in their sets and didn't attack LC's weaknesses. When McMinn went on their run it was less because they pressed effectively than it was because LC made soft passes and didn't come to the ball. It looked to me like LC made a lot of turnovers after they had the McMinn press beaten. Also, I think McMinn only attempted one 3-pointer. What's up with that? It was available. No bomber on the squad?

I saw that McMinn-LC game. LC stayed real close--even had the lead in the 3rd--until they went brain-dead over about a 3-minute span.

Now, I'm an LC guy, and I don't want to knock my kids, but I couldn't figure out why McMinn's offense didn't do better. Your kids looked like good players. But they seemed uncomfortable in their sets and didn't attack LC's weaknesses. When McMinn went on their run it was less because they pressed effectively than it was because LC made soft passes and didn't come to the ball. It looked to me like LC made a lot of turnovers after they had the McMinn press beaten. Also, I think McMinn only attempted one 3-pointer. What's up with that? It was available. No bomber on the squad?

oh yes McMinn has bombers. If that Coach would turn that team lose man ol man. I do believe that they would be very dangerous. Set plays are great but if you noticed when McMinn started to run and gun the game changed and the tempo changed when they started to run. McMinn is a very good talented team but lacks in one place. (COACHING). I am not knocking the players, they have great players but you are right they did not atach LC's weaknesses... Hicks can shoot 3's, that point guard can think his name is Arnwine and if he is set that red headed boy can too.

The Cherokees were bombing it tonight in a stomping of the Sequoyah Chiefs by a final of 71-41!! They had around 12 3's tonight they could not miss :thumb: The Cherokees are now 2-0 in this tournament and they seem to be playing better each and every game.

TonyMontanna,

I made a special trip just to see your team play against a undersized Lenoir City team. I went up to see WV play today and left about 3 and came back to see what I am missing. I have to say one thing. You guys know how to keep it close with a team that is not as good. I think they where even ahead most of the game. Oh, I did see some great passes in the stands. One almost hit me in the 5th roll of the stands. Great passing!!!!! If McMinn looks this good I can't wait till you guys play us.

What is it with 18 on the bench? Is that a good way to make money by selling some type of raffle tickets, more you have to sell them the more money you make. lol. You have to say that your coach is the best boys coach McMinn has. Oh, he is the only one. lol. Keep up the great work the boys team might make it out of the district....... :(

I do wish WV would've went to another tourn. This one is so weak.. Next time you guys play remember. Pass it to your player, he isn't in the stands!!!!!!!! lol

If this tournament is so weak then answer this! WHY IS WALKER VALLEY 0-2 B)

The Cherokees were bombing it tonight in a stomping of the Sequoyah Chiefs by a final of 71-41!! They had around 12 3's tonight they could not miss :lol: The Cherokees are now 2-0 in this tournament and they seem to be playing better each and every game.

If this tournament is so weak then answer this! WHY IS WALKER VALLEY 0-2 :P

I am more interested in the WV girls than the boys. But it is weak and what is WV girl's record therE? and Squoyah chiefs has noone that can dribble a basketball. McMinn boys should beat everyone by 30 but LC almost had them.

I am more interested in the WV girls than the boys. But it is weak and what is WV girl's record therE? and Squoyah chiefs has noone that can dribble a basketball. McMinn boys should beat everyone by 30 but LC almost had them.

If the Sequoyah boys cant dribble a basketball then why did they beat Walker Valley in the 1st game of the tournament?

WV boys must be weak then, because they got beat TWICE. That's horrible. To answer the question about the 3's in the LC game. We attempted 7 in the first quarter and only one fell. LC couldn't stop our 15 footers and those were fallin, so we took the easy shot, like anyone would do.

And haterofstupidity, I believe you said we wouldn't beat Sequoyah?? We smashed them. Let me see, by 30 I believe it was. Our THIRD string was in the whole fourth quarter and Sequoyah only the closed the gap by 8 points. When it comes time for WV v. MCHS, WV will get dominated because they have zero size. We'll have 5+ dunks.

WV boys must be weak then, because they got beat TWICE. That's horrible. To answer the question about the 3's in the LC game. We attempted 7 in the first quarter and only one fell. LC couldn't stop our 15 footers and those were fallin, so we took the easy shot, like anyone would do.

And haterofstupidity, I believe you said we wouldn't beat Sequoyah?? We smashed them. Let me see, by 30 I believe it was. Our THIRD string was in the whole fourth quarter and Sequoyah only the closed the gap by 8 points. When it comes time for WV v. MCHS, WV will get dominated because they have zero size. We'll have 5+ dunks.

2f9d, One thing Tony,,,,,,, white boys can't jump!!!!!! lol. 5+dunks, what drug are you on? lol...The way i saw the LC game was that you guys couldn't pass the ball worth a darn. One nearly hit me in the stands. But hey,, keep up the dreaming, you might be able to jump 2" off the floor before your grad!! Listen to that great coach of yours.. He will lead you all the way out of the district and back home!!!!!!!!! lol ;)