District 8AA

Ragland

The 8AA district was probably the strongest AA district in the state last year with Lipscomb and MLK goin to the final 4 and having competed with Greenbriar and Station Camp very closely to get there. But this year there is no Lipscomb or MLK although they are now making their new districts tough. But what do yall think about the 8AA this year. Greenbriar is having their ups and downs, I haven't heard anything about DCA, Portland is still young, Goodpasture is supposed to be one of the toughest teams in the new district, White House has been doing really well and Station Camp has played a tough schedule so far and has pulled out some wins and lost some close games as well as some not so close games. Just tell me what you think.

This district will be fun for the top four teams. We have played against Greenbrier, Station Camp and White House. They all have various qualities that will make them serious contenders for the title. Goodpasture will always be a favorite with their resources. DCA and Portland are just down right now. One of the top four will make it to the sectional this year. Another team will have a real chance depending on matchups in the region. Someone will have to beat a very good Livingston Academy team in the region to advance.

Edited by CoachF

Wow!!! This district is gonna be alot tougher than I thought it would be at first. Every team has had some good "warmup" games to prepare for the after-Christmas-break district games coming up. I think this could go any way, it's so hard to predict. There is only one way I can make a prediction without having three teams tied for 1st place and that is since I'm a Greenbrier fan I may have to be a little biased and put White house in a close third behind a tied GB and GP. Anyway, here is my pre-district-season rankings and the players to watch for from each team...

1. Greenbrier- Lance Adams, Logan Greer, Ty Lynch, Kurt Caton

or Goodpasture- Zach Frey and CJ Davis

3. White House- Steven Jamison and Ricky Ladd

4. Station Camp- Josh Jones, Justin Brinkley, freshman (Jenkins?), and a good post player

5. DCA- don't know much about them except for a post named Oakley

6. Portland- Ryan Frey

Edited by catsbball1

This guy is crazy Greenbriar will definetly finish 4th. White House Station Camp and Goodpasture will all sweep them without a challenge. I personally root for beech and White house is the best team by far i think. We will see though

I guess you're talking about me...well everybody is entitled to their own opinion so I won't comment on yours. ;)

Anyway, Greenbrier opened up their district play with a big win over Portland 65-26 tonight. They were led by Logan Greer with 15 pts. and Ty Lynch with 14 pts. Portland was led by Matt Hyten with 9 pts.

Edited by catsbball1