Father Ryan Vs. Clarksville

IrishGuy

Thank you very much. By the way, his high school "accolades" have nothing to do with wrestling. He was on the roster of FRHS's undefeated 1974 football team. His son, however, did end up being a much better wrestler than I thought he would be. One of those classic cases of Pat and his staff making an average athlete into a very good wrestler.

Undear Lifer,

This is why I am going back into retirement from this board. Your statement that my son ended up being a better wrestler than I thought he would be kinda tick me off. Over four years I have had good post and some pretty mean rude and obnoxiuos post. Some I have posted others I have recieved. All in all it is kind of childish and really a waste of space on this forum. I however, do realize that this board is one where loyalty to one school can get thet better of you. Lord knows I have been way over the edge. So Lifer if you really are a FRHS supporter I wish you the best. To the other "regulars" on the board you will have to amuse yourselves without me. As for the 1974 statement I was just being my normal wise *ss self. I was blessed to play with many fine real atheletes on that team enuf said.

My son is a good kid who had never wrestled before his freshman year and was more than pivotal in winning a State Championship his Junior year. ANd yes Pat and Steven had a lot to do with it as did Brian Dunning who taught him the cradle. But the most inportant thing is he was a kid with heart. That is what makes FRHS wrestlers what the are. To quote Pat "A kid who hates to lose will always find a way to win."

Good Night Good luck and God Bless My Beloved IRISH.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever seen anyone who took compliments any worse than irishdad. Why in the world would me saying your son ended up being a very good wrestler tick you off? And why in the world would you expect me to think a kid who never wrestled before high school would end up being, to quote me "a very good wrestler?" Of all the things I said that's the one part that shouldn't have ticked you off. You are truly one seriously weird dude.

P.S. Shadow I haven't seen them wrestle this year so I couldn't tell you how the Garrett kid is doing. You should use some of that free time you have now and go watch them. By the way, I've notied that you're pushing Jason Bush to get the AHS job...I assume that is Pete's son...am I right?

275 Ryan dec 5-4?

103 Ryan dec by 1 or 2

112 Clk pin

119 Ryan 3-1

125 Ryan pin

130 Clk maj 9-1?

135 Clk pin

140 Clk 13-3

145 Clk 6-0

152 Ryan 8-4

160 Clk pin

171 Clk pin

189 Clk pin

215 Ryan pin

From other sources---------I was not at the match------- and with apologies for spelling ( corrections accepted):

275 Ryan dec 5-4?---------------Garrrett ( FR) / Hill ©

103 Ryan dec by 1 or 2----------Rosa ( FR) / Ferguson ©

112 Clk pin------------------------Hebda © / Griffith ( FR)

119 Ryan 3-1----------------------Sloan ( FR) /Ferguson ©

125 Ryan pin----------------------Marchetti ( FR) / Henley ©

130 Clk maj 9-1? ----------------Weakley ( C)/ Austell ( FR)

135 Clk pin------------------------Grady ( C) Benito ( FR)

140 Clk 13-3----------------------Hebda ( C)/ Ngri ( FR)

145 Clk 6-0------------------------Gosney ( C)/Murphy ( FR)

152 Ryan 8-4----------------------Goodrum ( FR)/ Dial( C)

160 Clk pin-------------------------Pease ©/Mix (FR)

171 Clk pin-------------------------Jordan ©/ Hagarty( FR)

189 Clk pin-------------------------Minwell ©/Riley ( FR)

215 Ryan pin-----------------------Dempsey (FR) /Robinson ©

Edited by BuckLateral

From other sources---------I was not at the match------- and with apologies for spelling ( corrections accepted):

275 Ryan dec 5-4?---------------Garrrett ( FR) / Hill ©

103 Ryan dec by 1 or 2----------Rosa ( FR) / Ferguson ©

112 Clk pin------------------------Hebda © / Griffith ( FR)

119 Ryan 3-1----------------------Sloan ( FR) /Ferguson ©

125 Ryan pin----------------------Marchetti ( FR) / Henley ©

130 Clk maj 9-1? ----------------Weakley ( C)/ Austell ( FR)

135 Clk pin------------------------Grady ( C) Benito ( FR)

140 Clk 13-3----------------------Hebda ( C)/ Ngri ( FR)

145 Clk 6-0------------------------Gosney ( C)/Murphy ( FR)

152 Ryan 8-4----------------------Goodrum ( FR)/ Dial( C)

160 Clk pin-------------------------Pease ©/Mix (FR)

171 Clk pin-------------------------Jordan ©/ Hagarty( FR)

189 Clk pin-------------------------Minwell ©/Riley ( FR)

215 Ryan pin-----------------------Dempsey (FR) /Robinson ©

Buck everything look correct but 275 Garrett dec 9-5. all in all clarksville took control in the upper wieghts were ryan is tuffest