District play opening

hedgehog

Now that holiday tournaments are over; and hopefully teams used them to help get ready for the "meaningful" games, it would be interesting to hear which teams look like they will have what it takes to win their district, their tournamentd, and do well enough in regional tournament to make a run for what everyone's goal is: A trip to the state. I know, I know; it is much too early to say for certain. But some teams have got to feel better about their chances than others. Hope to limit this discussion to AAA simply to focus on one division. It would be interesting to hear your predictions about why certain teams look good.

There are quiet a few teams that could make it in my opinion..they are not in any order thought..keep that in mind!

1 Oak Ridge-depending upon KeKes level of play, but not limited to her alone beacuse this is a team sport, they have an excellent coach

2 Shelbyville- they have a lot of talent this year

3 Mt. Juliet- same as above

4 Smyrna- they have great post play and great teamwork

5 Heritage- there is still talent there and they have the abilty to still make it if the utilize their options and play as a team

Good luck to all of these teams

In no particular order, here are some mid-state teams that I think have a reasonably good chance to make it to Murfreesboro:

Shelbyville-good talent; post player returning in January if I'm not mistaken

Mt. Juliet-very deep; sophomores will determine how far this team goes

Wilson Central-great post game

Smyrna-good inside/outside combination

Hillsboro-Jessica Mooney and an underrated supporting cast

McGavock-very talented and athletic; post player is a difference maker

Hunters Lane-not hyped as much as some other teams, but they keep winning; good height

Columbia-good guard play; lot of versatile players

Edited by jl292

mjuhb-Like last year when Wilson Central and Mt. Juliet made it to Murfreesboro from District 9 AAA, the same will happen this year. Two of the three (Smyrna, Wilson Central & Mt. Juliet), will make it this year. The records may not be pretty as they will beat each other during the course of the year, but come March two of them will survive and advance. And one of the survivors will win the state title. :unsure: