cocke co football

notright

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the player to watch in '06 from Cocke Co.?

3 of them:

Tight-end Blaine Hartsell

6-1, 210, Senior

Was the team's leading receiver as a sophomore (2004) and one of the top in Region 2-4A. Limited in first five games of 2005 (missed around a game and a half with a concussion and never really got the ball in the games he was in; due to a QB who missed open receivers or double-teams). Missed the last five games of the year after a car accident.

Defensive End Derrick Ottinger

6-1 265 Senior

Quickest lineman in Region 2-4A. Speedy Defensive end who is very strong. Can make a difference in the pass rush or run defense.

Also can factor in as a possible option out of the backfield depending on the offensive package.

Missed 8 games in 2005 with emergency surgery between the jamboree and Week 1. Played sparingly after his return.

Linebacker/Fullback Joel Pasternak

6-3 230 Senior

Joel played linebacker for a majority of the season, but played some FB in a JV game and was moved to FB and TE in the varsity games (last four of those) and proved to be a powerhouse, picking up 5 yards per carry.

Hard hitter on defense. Intense kid.

cocke county has a couple of upcoming seniors to watch for. A couple of the guys have been starting since their freshmen year when they had to be brought up because of a lack of players.

Derek Ottinger-been starting for all four years real strong kid and very quick off the line. When he went down that hurt the defense a lot.

Joel Pasternak-another real strong kid that can play fullback but mostly will play at linebacker. When he plays fullback he can just drag people along with him.

Billy Hembree Trey Lunsford and Blaine Hartsell-the top recievers for cocke county

cocke co. does have some tallent out there and i wish them the best. any word on who the new head coach may be. does coach kelly want a shot at the job. what the administration looking for. is there anyone out there they want and may be trying to get. who ever gets it has there work cut out for them. they need to go in and as if they are starting a new program. make some changes around there in the sense of instilling some pride in the program and maybee start a new tradition of some sort. show everyone that there is going to be a new attitude inside the halls of the school and inside the stadium. win or lose there has to be signs of that or they will never rebound from where they are now. the players need to come together to help make that changes as well. a coach can only do so much. his job is to try and sell a product the players and the community have to be willing to buy into it. some people say thats hard to do these days and ther are right, but i have also seen it done. does the coaches still there have the team working out. well i guess thats my 2 cents worth. hope you guys there keep us intouch if anything develop there with a new head coach. good luck to you guys. "sucsess comes from sacrific"

cocke co. does have some tallent out there and i wish them the best. any word on who the new head coach may be. does coach kelly want a shot at the job. what the administration looking for. is there anyone out there they want and may be trying to get. who ever gets it has there work cut out for them. they need to go in and as if they are starting a new program. make some changes around there in the sense of instilling some pride in the program and maybee start a new tradition of some sort. show everyone that there is going to be a new attitude inside the halls of the school and inside the stadium. win or lose there has to be signs of that or they will never rebound from where they are now. the players need to come together to help make that changes as well. a coach can only do so much. his job is to try and sell a product the players and the community have to be willing to buy into it. some people say thats hard to do these days and ther are right, but i have also seen it done. does the coaches still there have the team working out. well i guess thats my 2 cents worth. hope you guys there keep us intouch if anything develop there with a new head coach. good luck to you guys. "sucsess comes from sacrific"

i havent heard any word on who the new coach will be. putting pride back in the program is a priority because most of it is gone. we come together as a team back in the summer of last year. there was only 30 of us out there doing two-a-days together. we had some success in scrimmages and in the jamboree. i think we ended up beating sullivan south by a touchdown and we beat sullinvan north and gatlinburg-pittman in a three-way scrimmage. then we went and handled davy crockett pretty easily in the jamboree. then a player or two went down and then the team went down

from what i have heard they want to have someone hired by the end of the month. i have heard a few names. some of which i know of and others that i actually know personallly. one of which i know pretty well. however i have no idea what the administration or those invoved in the hiring process are looking for. like i said before and cchs2 stated was the restoration of program pride, tradition and change. some of you may be wondering thats this guy talking about. you have to restore the pride in the program. you do that by going back and finding something in the past that was exidence of pride or begining your own traditions with a fresh new start. one thing has to be established early and that is the coach has control of the program.